Old 10-02-2003, 04:20 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Thursday/chit-chat,oct.2/03

Thank you LindaBC
This is a day to be glad. I slept in until 4:35am when my alarm went off.
I went to TOPS, {T-Take, O-off, P-pounds, S-sensably] last night and I am down 1#. That is great as I was the same for 5 weeks. I have started to loose. I am now at 159 the smallest I have been for a few years. That gives me 10 # for one year Tops lets you loose any way you want. You must have your DR's Ok on your goal weight. Mine is 155, then you have a 10# scale to play with, 3 above your goal, and 7 below without loosing KOPS statis, K-keep , O-Off, P-Pounds,S-sensible, I would be able to go to 158#,or to 148. There is a TOPS Form you can check out, and it dosn't cost an arm and a leg. I really like the fun and support we have at TOPS.
Ruth- we are not going to be doing the Cabot Trail this fall. BIL has to work, so it will be next year God willing.
Linda I loved the head story My moms family has that, we thought it was a Roy thing.
Well the daily thread is started I am going to check out a yogurt thing,
A word fitly spoken
is like apples of gold in
settings of silver.
Proverbs 25:11 nkjv

Love Tazcat
Old 10-02-2003, 06:33 AM   #2  
thin within

all is well here. hope all of y'all are doing well too. i think i may have perfected a breakfast smoothie to incorporate metamucil. hope this will help. i've been trying to go through recipes to get a little more creative. i'm still trying to stay at induction level though. i plan to stick with it for another two to three months to get the bulk of the weight off. hope your afternoon is as beautiful wherever you are as it is here. enjoy!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Waving at Fullfig and Taz from cool, rainy and muddy Eastern Ontario.

It's Provincial election Day here and I can hardly stand the excitement! I've been over to open up the Fair Hall for the election workers and have also washed my kitchen floor TWICE! I think I need to get the Dog Garden paved! The Girls have a secret very muddy place behind the cedar hedge where they must be hiding bones and toys.

Harry and I are off to Ottawa for his CT Scan. Wish us luck!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Ruth, keeping assorted body parts crossed for you and H. Good luck!

I'm off to the gyn today, whooooo-hoooooooo! I'd rather have a root canal, but, I would like to discuss my meds with him, and of course, step on the scale. Can't wait to see the number.

Hope you all have a great day, talk to you later!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:17 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Fullfig, try taking 2 or 3 flax seed oil capsules with your metamucil smoothie. You'll be amazed!!

Ruth, good thoughts your way this morning

Last night I went and did some grocery shopping....usually I do one big shop that does us for the month. Staple stuff, then I'll go once a week and pick up odds and ends for the week. Well, hubby came with me last night, and Im getting lunches ready today, and pulling out meat for supper tonight, and Im realizing I forgot well over 1/2 the stuff I needed!! I love the man, but I really DONT like being rushed thru a grocery store! Tonight, I think I'll leave him at home and go again!

Its been very cold here lately, we had to turn the heat on in the house. But the heat at the store is regulated by the landlord and its a big boiler system. It isnt running yet So Ive been huddled next to a space heater for the last 2 days. At least today the sun is shining, and that will warm up the joint heaps.

I think Im done complaining

Have a great day all
Robin
Old 10-02-2003, 10:10 AM   #6  
Slimwithin

Good morning, Chicks. How rare is this??!! I'm NEVER online this early in the day but here I am at 7 am thanks to Peter needing me to make out a cheque for a guy. I can barely keep my eyes open but I have my trusty coffee by my side so I'm hoping I'll soon be awake enough to do my Body Flex workout.
I have to go to my women's club meeting at 10 and I'm feeling guilty because I'm supposed to do the monthly newsletter and I totally forgot. It's no big deal though. If they don't tell me what's happening in their lives, how can I put it in a newsletter? It usually ends up a collection of internet jokes and recipes.

Ruth, you've probably left already but I wish you and Harry the best of luck with his scan. BTW, have you ever considered making some kind of plastic booties for your girls? Either that or teach them how to wipe their feet before entering the house.

Anybody want some grapes? We have an overabundance of seedless purple/red grapes hanging down from the pergola over our patio. The starlings are beginning to find them so they must be picked. I picked what I could reach from my kitchen step stool and have filled two huge bowls and my large roaster. Last night one of Peter's workers came with his two sweet little girls and they picked two ice cream bucketsful but there are still tons out there. I'm going to bring a pile of them to my club meeting this morning. Some of the ladies might want to make jelly to sell at our Christmas Craft Fair. I'll also bring a lot to my sis tomorrow so she can sell the jelly at her church's thrift shop....but there will still be lots left for the birdies. Looks like I'll be making jelly this weekend.

Fullfig, how about your breakfast smoothy recipe? I'm always looking for something different. I seem to lose better when I limit the bacon and egg breakfasts.

Well, I think I'm ready to face the gorgeous Greer and the Body Flex Workout. (creak) Have a great day, Chicks.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #7  

Hi everyone! Those grapes must be glorious on your pergola Linda! Wish I could take some off of your hands Of course my favorite way to have grapes are the crushed and bottled varieties

I tried to make Salmon patties last night. I know I saw a recipe on one of the daily's for these and I thought I printed it out, but I can't find in anywhere now. I looked in the recipes area, but couldn't find it there either. So I just winged it last night. Mine were alright, but I think they left something to be desired. However, my 6 year old DS scarfed them down. I think he had 4!! If anyone has the recipe can you please post it for me!

Otherwise, I'm doing alright. Fighting a cold and was really glad to see someone posted some soup recipes. That is the only thing that sounds good right now. I think I will make some up tonight!

Lots to do right now getting ready for DS birthday party Saturday. We are doing a Harry Potter party, so I have magic wands, wizard hats and a castle cake to make! So certainly no time to be sick

You and Harry are in my thoughts and prayers Ruth. Let us know how he's doing!!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #8  

Hey everyone, quick scale update, first weigh-in in 4 months. Last time at the doc I weighed 240. Today I weighed 203.5! Whoopee!!!!! Only 5 more to go to get into my most recent virgin fat, that is, the lowest adult weight of mine, 198. 7 years ago, when I first got pregnant. Wow!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

Congratulations, Sherrie!!!! That is so great!

Ruth, how'd the scan go?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:06 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Turtle, here is where you will find my salmon recipe. I never did put it in the recipe file. Ive been using this one for about a year now

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=30297
Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

WOW!!! SHERRIE!!!!!

That is a fantastic loss in four months. Good for you.
I don't know how you managed to resist getting on a scale but way to go!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:35 PM   #12  

(Bowing) I am a scale-a-holic, so I threw it out, and I go mainly by how my clothes fit. I can tell if my tightest pants are getting too snug, it's time to crack down more. I'm proud of me, too. Thanks, ya'll!