Old 04-19-2003, 09:22 PM   #1  

Default Lean for Life

Has anyone tried the Lean for Life program? I have been on Atkins for a month. I lost just 8 lbs. and am tired of the menu choices. I loved the fact that I felt very much in control of my eating, though. I have started the Lean for Life and am wondering if anyone else on this forum has tried it successfully.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:34 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee! 8 pounds is great! Two pounds a week is considered the maximum safe amount to lose.
Where can we get information on Lean for Life?
Old 04-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I did lean for life, it was awful! Those little tiny protein bars are soooooooo yucky, and expensive. The diary was cool, though! Good luck with it.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #4  

Where can we get information on Lean for Life?

Ruthxxx - Lean for Life has a book that you can get at any Barnes & Noble or similar bookstore. You can also get info at www.lowcarbfriends.com That's where I first heard about it.

It is low carb, low fat, moderate protein. The diet runs in cycles of protein days (1 per week), weight loss days (28 days) and then 14 metabolic adjustment days. The protein day puts you into ketosis and you are supposed to maintain the ketosis during the week. You follow a menu with food choices. I like the fact that I can have more fruits and veggies than Atkins. The number of carbs allowed is much higher and I am not sure how the low fat is going to work. You are supposed to eat fat free stuff and Atkins says that is not good (because of added sugar).

I'm starting my protein day today. We'll see how it work!