Old 02-05-2003, 11:02 AM   #1  

Talking first time here

hey folks. my first time, nice to meet ya
i am on atkins for about 2 1/2weeks, discouraged, frustrated,
thinking of going to WW. i know i have to let this new way of life set in but how long until i see any results? i am so sick of this?
pushin 210 here and tired of feeling like this. have only lost 1 to 2 lbs so far, and i am so strict and follow the rules.
whats up?
Old 02-05-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  
CatGal

Default WELCOME!

Allow me to be this first to welcome you to the group!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:19 AM   #3  

thanks so much, you know who this is!!!
ggrrr bad start to the day, i am so sick of eggs and bacon!!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:32 AM   #4  
CatGal

Default Chicks to the rescue!

OK ladies! Erocka is a warm, close, personal friend of mine, which is why I didn't post much... She has already heard all my jive!

Please help her out like you helped me!

Erocka - Do a search on GinaMarie in the locarb forum and read the treads that I posted to. I was in your exact same position! Your body will give it up! I promise!

Gina
Old 02-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #5  

thanks G
i need all the support i can get.
trying to maintain a positive outlook.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #6  

Angry Welcome!

Sorry to hear you are having a frustrating experience. Not everyone loses big lbs all at once. Some of our bodies just hang onto every ounce. Read through the thread " ok ladies ready to give up" there's some advice in there about getting a good amount of calories. Just remember it didn't take a couple weeks to get our bodies into their present conditions and it will take just as long (or longer) to get healthy.
I know easy to say....hard to wait for it though!
Jen
Old 02-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #7  

Angry thanks Jenni pooh

thanks for the support girl.
i am new to the site so i havent yet surfed the previous
threads, but i will. i look forward to all of you gals advice.
i am not giving up. i will be strong for the first time in my
28 years.

thanks
Erocka
Old 02-05-2003, 01:08 PM   #8  
Enjoying a new beginning

Talking Welcome erocka

Hi erocka..
I'm also a newbie but have been doing a low carb plan since Jan. I read several of the books and decided to take aspects from each of them and do what feels right. I remember being shocked when my scale registered 200 lbs and continued to reach a high of 214!! Yesterday my scale said 199 and I actually wept with joy. Just reading posts from this group has really helped me. I encourage you to hang in there. Do you feel better doing a low carb diet? I know the first couple of weeks are very difficult. It helped me to recognize that I needed help. You've taken that step already. Be kind to yourself and know it will take time to reconfigure both your body and your mindset!! Be well..Lori
Old 02-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #9  

Default Welcome!!

Welcome, and you can do it!

My dr. complained that she hadn't lost much on Atkins. It came out later that she NEVER drank water. YOU WILL NOT LOSE ON LOW CARB IF YOU DO NOT DRINK WATER. Your body will hold onto it along with the fat unless you flush your system. I have a big 1.5 liter bottle (50 oz.) at work and I try to drink the whole thing during the day, then I have another at home that I drink from mornings and the evenings. I clear them both throughout the day and I get 100 oz. of water that way. This does not count the 16 oz. I drink during my workout either.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

oh erocka. being patient isn't fun, is it? but hang in there.. DRINK YOUR WATER. not soda. not caffeine <yeah, that one hurts!> get enough food in. and check out the recipe thread for things other than eggs, and for other ways to fix them.

and, as much as i hate to say it, exercise does help.

so, welcome. relax. it'll be ok.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome Erocka!!

Alot of us use www.fitday.com to keep track of our carbs and calories......you might find it useful.

Check out the food logs thread, you might get some ideas there too as to what everyone doing lc is eating.

Ive noticed some of the lc'ers arent eating enough veggies and salad stuffs, and fill up on alot of fats. Atkins isnt a license to full fat foods all the time. For example.....I had an egg with cheese for breakfast this am, coleslaw and steak for lunch, and right now Im very hungry, and I'll head down stairs to have some eggsalad with full fat miracle whip!! Then for supper, I'll have a salad and protein. My point is, dont forget your greens, and use the extra fat to help fill you up if your hungry.

Post your questions, the ladies here are a great inspiration, and so much help!! You've come to the right place.

Robin
Old 02-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #12  

Default you all are great!!

i am so happy you gals responded.
i will definitly follow all of your advice.
i do drink plenty of water all day, maybe its not enough.
diet soda is like the best treat for me right now thats gonna hurt
to get rid of that. caffeine, oh beloved caffiene. as my guilt rises as i sip a diet pepsi. gulp.
i know i have lots to learn.
i need to pick up his books and read them. i kinda went into this blindly.
i feel better physically as i am not sluggish anymore have lots of energy to burn. i just need to start burnin it.
i will be patient. its hard to see my friends on WW
losing lbs. and i am not yet.
but i know it will work, if i work it!!!

ps i threw out the soda.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #13  

Hi Erocka,

I new to this thread too and lc. Started in January with many mistakes. It helps to post menus of what your eating and drinking as well. For me, the biggest mistake I made (besides not reading the book first ) is not reading labels very well. Many hidden carbs. Check for sugar and corn syrup, if it is close to the beginning of the ingedient list don't use it. Also check for cornstarch as well. They even use cornstarch in medications to hold the pills together! Aspartme can also stall some while others can use it with no effect. SF Jello can stall as well. Stay way from bars and shakes if you use them. For me, I had to give up onions and only have very small amounts of tomato as these stall me too. I was very bummed about the onion . Are you using the keto strips to see if you are in Ketosis? They are my obsessive/compulsive habit I picked up I use them to eliminate foods that may be stalling me. For example, if I have a fairly good strip (a darker color) and then I had onions, it will be much lighter the next day. LOL...don't know if one has anything to do with the other but what the heck! I need something to obsess about. Excercise is a must even if just a walk around the block. Hang in there. I gained 1 pound after three weeks, finally got it right and lost 5 pounds and my measurements yesterday where a total of 3 inches less!. Today people are starting to tell me they can tell I am losing. I weigh on Fridays.

Hang in there, you can do it

Last edited by Ellie120; 02-05-2003 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:17 PM   #14  
CatGal

I am so proud of you for pitching that diet soda!

Ketone Strips are also an obsessive compulsive thing for me! When I was not losing weight, they were the only proof that I had that something was working. As long as they turned I at least knew I was doing something right...

Erocka - Check out the www.netriton.com wbsite. They may have them cheaper than they are on www.atkinscenter.com.
G
Old 02-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #15  

Default ellie my friend!

i have not done the strips yet, i was told by my pal ginamarie to do so as well. i have no clue if i am in ketosis. where do they sell them? drug stores?
all i know is i want to munch at all times. i think about food all day, i obsess about wieght everyday weight myself twice a day, i know all about addictions and obsessive compulsions and that i need not to do this everyday but ......aAaArrgghhhh
i live on SF jello at night, that would totally suk if i hafta give it up.
and diet soda too!! but i will try anything right now.
i want to lose 40 lbs by my anniversary 08/30/03.
thanks for the tips.
has no idea onions can effect it. to the bookstore i go to read up on this.
i feel i can do this, for once in my life i have the want AND the need. i want this so bad i can taste it!! LOL