Old 07-28-2002, 03:34 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default What is your favorite low carb product?

Do you have a favorite low carb product? Have you ever tried something that you wanted to tell the world about, good or bad? We're starting a new reviews section, which I'll explain more later. One section will include Low Carb products.

If anyone has a chance, I'd really like to get suggestions for products to include, and your favorite places to purchase them.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:51 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

EAS low carb lemon cheese cake and the cookies and cream bars. not quite the real thing but close! (especially if you have not had it in a while).
Old 07-28-2002, 06:20 PM   #3  

This would be a great addition. I'm now on my second week of induction so I haven't tried any products. When I try a product will be sure to post.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:51 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

eeewwwwwww.. can't stand those protein bars, sue.. ick!!! haven't found a single low carb protein bar that i can choke down!

but as for your question, jennifer. hmmmm. will have to think about that one.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

OK, call me crazy, but I also like the EAS low carb bars. The Cookies and Cream and a cup of coffeeor hot tea in the afternoon is a great pick-me-up. I also LOVE the low carb fruit drinks that I've been getting at the Quick Weight Loss Centers. They have 15gms protein and less than 1gm carb and mix well in water. This is the only place that I have been able to find them (I've even checked online).
~~~Sil
Old 07-29-2002, 09:58 PM   #6  

This is probably not what you had in mind, but I couldn't live without Splenda. After that, I'd say DaVinci sugar-free syrups. I use them a lot.

Dawna
Old 07-31-2002, 09:39 AM   #7  

Talking Yummy

I like the Pure De-Lite chocolate bars with only 3.4 grams of carbs in them. Very yummy and they aren't too expensive and found them conveniently at WalMart!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:24 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I would have to say, Louis Rich turkey bacon - extra crispy and Hormel turkey pepperoni mmmmmmmmmmm you can nuke it to

Love, Leens
Old 08-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #9  

My favorite product now is Mountain Bread. It is like pita bread. A bakery in N.H. bakes it. I take it with me when I go out and have sub shop use it for my sandwiches, it is huge and only has6 carbs. I only eat half so I am getting 3 carbs.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:39 PM   #10  

Granola from lowcarb success. It has 1 carb for 1/2 cup. It's very filling, crunchy with a hint of sweetness. I love it!
Old 08-04-2002, 03:17 PM   #11  
hot mom wanna be!

I have read somewhere before on a low carb thread that a person spread cream cheese on lettuce leaves and rolled it up and ate that for a low carb snack. Hey it may be good!
I also like those lemon cheesecake bars. I am not usually a fruit girl but I seem to like the blueberry and lemon ones more than some of the chocolate bars. Some leave an aftertaste.

laura
Old 08-04-2002, 04:52 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Well, being the chocoholic that I am, CarboLite chocolate bars are my favorite. YUM!

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 08-05-2002, 06:53 PM   #13  

Jacksonmom - do you buy the granola online?

I tried to find a website called lowcarbsuccess - but didn't see it -

Thanks, Terri
Old 08-05-2002, 09:41 PM   #14  
Senior Chicky

My favorite LC products? Ok, I don't buy them on line but here goes ~~

pork rinds

How I use them ~

Snacks ~ cream cheese a bit of salsa - yummy
cheese spread & hot sauce -- LC snack

Breading ~ substituted in meatloafs instead of cracker crumbs
mix with seasonings for fish or pork chop breading

Of course I could go on and on but if I have to pick just one and for the versatility it's definately pork rinds.

Where's the old LC snacks/pantry/fridge threads?

Any help?

J
Old 08-05-2002, 11:39 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

Ok, I have a pork rind question...are they all, really uh, porky? I had them once years and years ago and I spit them out. I have been wanting to try them as breading though!

Ok, Suzanne, I know what a fan of pork rinds you are, so I will change the subject with an answer... I would have to say so far...
um, well no actual product. Other than candy bars and protein powder, there is no real 'low carb product' that I have used yet that I like! I have been mostly eating things from scratch. I do tend to go nuts over cream cheese and turkey rollups! I am asking for low carb goodies for my birthday so hopefully I will have some answers then! I want to try La Tortilla low carb tortillas next.

Oh, there is a thing or two! I forgot, it must be getting late. I love Ezekial bread, it is made with all sprouted wheat and no actual flour. Also I like Wasa bread, but I can't eat either one anymore since I am stricter with carbs. I also really love Eskimo Bars, no sugar added.