Old 05-13-2002, 06:22 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Monday, May 13th

Good Monday Morning to all!!!

Gotta get coffee be back in a few!!!

Nevermind DH is fixing the coffee!! What a guy! Gotta get ready for work in a few, I still have a rider and today is absolutely the last day! I am having to get in there 30 minutes before I have to to get her there on time and skip the gym. I have been trying to be nice and a good person but enough is enough!

I got one of those Showtime ROtisserrie grills on Friday...very cool invention. It makes a fabulous rotisserie chicken and I made a sirloin tip roast in it last night that was fantastic.

Went to church last evening and really enjoyed the contemporary service. I am trying to convince DH to go next week. HA

Talk to you all later!

Last edited by scooby2; 05-13-2002 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning Scooby and thanks for the coffee - your DH makes good coffee even if he does not go to Church. You are an absolute saint to give up your gym for your passenger. Sure hope she makes other arrangements fast because it's interfering with YOUR life.

Well, I am pretty po'd with my kids! Got a Happy MD phone message at 9 last night from the son in Ottawa and nada from daughter in Nanaimo! Sheesh! How the **** can anyone forget Mother's Day? I imagine son and DIL were at her Mother's most of the day BUT.... OK, OK - I'll get over it. Shall I cut them out of my will? Make voodoo dolls and stick in pins?

Looks like a week of rain coming up so walking won't happen much. Hershey will be weighed this morning - I'm pretty sure she is still 57 pounds (should be 43-45). Do they have diet pills for doggies? I ordered the 3 Lesley Sansone walking tapes yesterday and hope they come fast. Won't do the dogs any good but should motivate me. I have not been below 200 since about 1989 but am going to be there by Canada Day!

Kevin comes this morning to do more work on the Dog Garden fence. My escape artist pup can still find a space to ooze through although we have boards placed strategically! Lucy has been in the yard on a rope which kind of defeats the purpose. K. is going to attach a strip of fencing along the bottom and bury it in the earth. I wonder how long it will take for Lucy to learn to climb the fence? Hershey can climb ladders!

Aside from Mount Laundry, will just putter around today - too wet to garden, even if it stops raining. Clay soil is a killer when wet - so slippery! Some friends from the Church have offered to come over and help me finish my garden clean-up but we need a dry day. I guess I've whimpered and whined about my sore shoulder a lot. Back to physio tomorrow - not sure where we go from here because it seems to be regressing! Remind me to break my arm lower down next time.

Hey, time for another coffee! Catch you later.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:13 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

scooby... is this an omen??? you start a new job and your new boss starts asking you for favors???? and YOU have to skip your time at the gym??? is this a good sign????

ruth.. with all that work you do for the church, you really should just relax and accept some help!!!! and i'm sorry your human kids were so, well, inattentive. at least you can't say that about hershey and lucy!!!

maggie [full name, magnolia louise], mom's rottweiler, escaped under the fence around 6:30 last night. after the brat finally returned, poor old mom went out to find the spot. and then she started taking steps to block the hole. but she was back in the house in a few minutes with a lump the size of a chicken egg on the back of her hand!!!

she'd banged it or something, and since she's on so much medication, i dragged her off to the ER, but i had to promise her a hot fudge sundae in order to get her to go!!!!

she's fine. nothing's broken. but her hand will be sore and very multi-colored for a few days.

and i got her the largest hot fudge sundae that the local ice cream place makes, complete with wet walnuts and reese's pieces. she didn't finish it, but she did offer to share [like i can eat it!!!]

so, there's more!!!!!!!!!!

and it was just sitting there right in the corner while the nurse talked to mom!!!! A SCALE!!!!!!! we all have a love-hate relationship with them. and i, of course, am convinced that i'm not losing weight. every couple of weeks i need a NUMBER!!!!

SO, i hopped on it ... and .... [DRUM ROLL PLEASE] i'm down another 11 pounds from april 20, and have lost a total of 191 pounds!!!!. in 6 pounds, i will have lost 100 due to the surgery!!!!

it's really working!!!!!!

and believe me, when peachie, mom and i went to lunch yesterday, we really ate!!!! i had a bit of stuffed mushroom, and some broccoli, and a bit of bread, and veal stuffed with spinach and shrimp. and even a couple of nibbles [not quite bites, but then again, when does a nibble become a bite?? do three nibbles equal a bite????? how do we measure a nibble???] of dessert!!!!

well, i have to go get ready to go to work with those crazy people... hope ya'll have a great day. and i'll try to check in later..
Old 05-13-2002, 08:46 AM   #4  

Oh Jiff you're killing me! Nibbles and bites??? Oh my dirty mind...

Today is laundry day and restorative mental measures from yesterday's family party. I would like to know how a group of adults can behave WORSE than a group of 3 year olds! I'll take the little girl party any day. I had a raging headache and a strong desire to go home yesterday. Miree loved it and made off like a thief. I guess that's all that counts right?

Got lots of clean up to do, haven't been able to do any chores due to parties and such. I plan on having a big nap this afternoon, I really do need it and it's only 9am!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:50 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Monday Morning Kids,

JIFFY all I can say is

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your such an inspriation, I got goose bumps reading your post and I am just sooooooo happy for you I could cry. HUGGS AND KISSES.....!!!!!!!!! Bet you look absouletly beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay everyone we are suposed to get flooding and thunder storms today, ick........drout ?????????? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nothing much to write home about SOSDD. Did horrible on my diet yesterday, had cake but today its fast day !! so here we go again lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Love, Leens
Old 05-13-2002, 09:38 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
It has been a few days since I have posted although I have had time to read. I am obsessing about my weight. I did WW about 3 years ago and was totally into the program. I lost 45 lbs and felt well OK. I never realized how small I had gotten. I did gain back a few pounds on maintenance and maintained that for about 2 years. After my surgery in October I am up another 10. I feel huge and uncomfortable. I have been back on plan for about 3 weeks and have done nothing but gained despite working out everyday (well almost) I do between 30-90 min on the elliptical trainer and burn between 400-900 calories. What is the deal? I have no clue what to do. I am having a little pity party for myself on this gloomy rainy day. I want this weight to go away, (gee just like the rest of you!) and feel good about myself.

Ruth, I think that your kids should be put on public display. As a mother I want reassurance that they at least acknowledge my existence! My kids made me cards with coupons for things like dad will do the laundry and dad will make me breakfast in bed for a week. I wish they had talked to him first and clued him in…lol. But it really is the thought that counts.

Jiff, I am so happy for you on the weight loss. Have you decided what you will do for a special treat?

Scooby, Screw them all. Go to the gym… this is about you and what you need to do to get through your life… not how many hoops you can jump through to please everyone else.

Well, I am waiting for the bathroom mirror today. So time to finish my coffee and hit the Elipitcal. Then make some calls for the Mom’s Night Out on wed.

Have a good day all and if you wish to offer me some motivation and a way to pick my mood up out of the gutter ( which is moving fast with all the rain) I would be greatly appriciative.
-L
Old 05-13-2002, 11:14 AM   #7  

Well good day all! Survived mother's day! That is always an accomplishment in my life but especially cause I worked nights and was operating on no sleep...

Anyhow girls met me at the door when I got home at 8 am with their treasures....so sweet with their sleepy faces...

Went to brothers for brunch with OJ, Champagne and a rose for each mother!

Out for East Indian Buffet with in-laws...yummy!!!

I felt so full after that it was a one hour walk with the kids, hubby and dog when we got home.

Got the kids to bed at 930 pm and said hi to my friends in the chat and collapsed into bed.

Hubby bought me a lovely gift bag with a scented candle, pedometer and a kit kat (his nickname for me is kitty-cat or kit cat)....I haven't eaten it....it is in the fridge for a much hungerier moment....

So all in all it was a great day and I hardly cried for my baby boy (other than in my heart) at all.....

Was so happy to read your post JIFF! I am so happy for you and all the joy you must be experiencing!

Ruth loved the tulips!

Pooky sounds like you had a fun party weekend!

L I know what you are talking about. I started ww Jan 01. I was 212 lbs when I started.....Jan 02 I was 170 lbs....Mar 02 I was 184 lbs...imagine how discouraging it was, I was so well on my way...ironically I stopped ww prematurely in Jan 02.....thought I had it all figured out.... Anyhow on week 4 now and am back down to 180...so all we can do is put one foot in front of the other and move ahead.....

Leens gotta love your enthusiasm!

Hi Scooby! Hope you lose the tag along soon and can get on with your life.

Take care all...back OP today!

Liz
Old 05-13-2002, 05:16 PM   #8  

Just popping in to say "Hi!"

Not much going on today. Had to work at the Middle HS today. Kids were wired! Had to take disciplinary actions on five different 8th grade girls! I believe that qualifies me for the "least liked substitute teacher" award!

See 'ya later.

Old 05-13-2002, 08:33 PM   #9  
Big Loser

Good evening all!!! Just an update. I lost my rider today. and Jif she is a Supervisor in our office, she's not my boss, I technically would be higher than her in the food chain, but that does not matter when you feel GUILTY. Which I have been feeling. One of the guys who works for me today set me straight....so I told her that it was getting inconvenient to change my hours so she would have to make other arrangements. I felt bad but free!

So.... tommorrow its back to the gym. I think I feel guilty because this girl worked at my old place and I helped her get the job here(she got a big raise) but she does not seem happy....and she whines alot and I am thinking this is my fault....I know get over it!!! thanks for listening!!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #10  
Hang In There

Default Alright, here I am...

Started the induction phase of Atkins today. So far so good. It was hard not to pick up pieces of hard candy every time I passed the bowl at work, But I refrained.

Jif, my DH's doctor is not really pushing the shakes. I'm trying to, but the doctors wanted him to start trying more solild foods. I have just been putting it in the mini-food processor and grinding it up. When did you have your surgery? How have you done?

Scooby, At least you had an excuse not to go to the gym. I haven't been since Thursday and when my DH asked me why i just said "I didn't want to" I will be going tomorrow.

Ruthxxx My two boys are not big on Mothers day either. My oldest son came to my mothers with the rest of the family because he knew he'd get a good meal. the younger, called me while I was trying to nap and informed me he was too busy to get me anything.

Wish me a sucessful low cal day tomorrow. Thanks for letting me join you.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:49 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

congrats, scooby!!!! sorry i misread your earlier posts. but no matter what, it really does sound as if she's been using you, so good for you!!!!

her happiness is her responsibility, not yours. you have enough on your hands....
Old 05-13-2002, 10:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy MOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN DAY

What a shi**y day at work today. As you can expect, my bosses could really give a fig if you are on vacation. In fact, if I were in ICU, they would call the nurses's desk and ask that they remove the ventilator so they could ask me where I last saw the file for Mrs. So and So. At any rate, I heard through the grapevine that they are mad at me for being out with mama! UGH! Why don't they just fire me? Because, only a crackhead would take that job for what they are paying me!! What does that say about me??

So I'm playing the catch up game, and I'm PMSing and hormonal as he**, AND I'M TRYING NOT TO SMOKE!!!!!! At this point it is coming out of my ears.

Anyway, went to the grocery store after work so I stocked up on low-carb goodies, along with a big sugarless gum, 1 carb per stick. Oh, help me to lose all the stop-smoking weight I am about to gain! It's for a good cause, right? And I can always lose it later, right? Assurances here, please!!

Ladies, have a wonderful evening, I am off for my bubble bath and deep breathing exercises (since I can deep breathe now I better take advantage of it!)

P.S. I had to edit to apologize for all the whining and moaning ladies, I promise to do better tomorrow!