Old 04-21-2002, 06:54 AM   #1  

Unhappy How Wierd is THIS?

********Warning******
********This is a WHINE******

I ate my face off last night! Two pieces of pizza and a little chocolate bunny. This is way after my dinner. How pointless is this?

<<<<<<<Jiff enters and says, "get a grip peach!">>>>>

I have had pretty good results doing the higher protein version of weight watchers. Down 24.2 pounds since Jan. 31st. About 4 weeks ago I started taking the water pills that my doctor had given me a year ago because I was really feeling puffy. I only take them twice a week and not the day before weigh in. I feel much MUCH better when I let loose of all that water.

But! somehow I feel that maybe my weight loss is tainted and that I don't deserve to have had such good success. I am pretty sure that this is what set me off last night. I know this is so stupid, because all 24.2 pounds can't be ALL water!!!

Could you guys please slap me silly or give me some perspective on this?

Thanks!
peach

who is reasonably mortified in posting this!
Old 04-21-2002, 07:58 AM   #2  

For goodness sake, two pieces of pizza and a chocolate bunny isn't going to make 24.2 pounds jump on your hips!

Realize that you were actually eating like a thin person! A thin person has a treat like that once in awhile and forgets about it. That person simply goes back to eating healthy.

Quit thinking about it! Thin people don't think about food.

God bless!
Old 04-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Dear peachie, Tippy is right!! Think like a thin person and forget it, move on.

You've lost 24 pounds, your doing great!! Life happens and sometimes it iincludes pizza and chocolate bunnies

Don't think you don't deserve the 24 pound weight loss, you do.

Love ya
Debbie
Old 04-21-2002, 10:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Peachie!

Don't be so hard on yourself! You are always the one supporting us, now it's our turn. You are a wonderful, caring, compassionate friend, sister, daughter, mom and wife! You DESERVE your efforts to go rewarded! You have worked really hard and we are all PROUD of you!!

Forgive yourself for eating 2 pieces of pizza and a little chocolate bunny. Heck, go eat another piece for me! I love that stuff, and it's hard to resist.

You can always go back to eating "on-plan" after you have your treat. It won't put any of those 24 pounds back on, I bet.

Take care of you!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:22 AM   #5  
Senior Chicky

Angry Peachie, Peachie, Peachie !

You never cease to amaze me. The very thought that YOU of all people do not deserve that 24.2 pounds ????? You deserve that and so much more. You are such a strong, compassionate and loving person and you definately deserve anything in this life that can and does make you a happier person. (Want me to remind your dh of that? )

Ditto on thinking like a thin person. Please don't sabotage yourself and your accomplishment. One day of pizza and a tiny little chocolate bunny and it's over. Forget about it and move forward.

Now, am I going to have to aim this Tx boot in your direction for a butt of an attitude adjustment?

J
Old 04-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #6  

Default a note from computer-less jiff

well, ya'll can see that i'm at peachie's house, posting as her until the phone service returns tomorrow...

and i promise you that she's alive and well, and on-program.

and i took away all her razor blades [good thing she's not into the SHAVING thing!!!!!]
Old 04-21-2002, 02:53 PM   #7  

Red face

Actually, Jiff! I do the shaving thing, but not in that specific area and ALWAYS on weigh in day!

Ladies, thank you for allowing me to be a dope! I spoke to my other sister (not Jiff) and she told me that I was nuts, my friend Lyn also told me I was nuts and they BOTH decided to charge me the going psyche rate of $195 an hour. Plus for an extra $9.99 they will guarantee that if I don't take the water pills two days a week that I will not, repeat not gain all 24.2 pounds back!!!! What are friends for!

Sabatoge...that is EXACTLY what it felt like!

and thank you for the boot...I needed it!

peach
ps...the bunny was filled with peanut butter...it was GREAT! :

love you guys!

Last edited by peach pit; 04-21-2002 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:04 AM   #8  

PEACHIE, Peachie, Peach!

I am so proud of you! I knew you were working hard, you have probably treaded all the way to Michigan by now! I did not realize that you have managed to loose that much. 24 lbs, good for you.

Now, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start right back at it. You have done great, just do not let a moment of weakness lead to more momemts.

luv you girl!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:24 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Peachie Pie,

Now you aught to be ashamed of yourself...24 lbs is SO EXCELLENT!!!! Here I can't even get started on a diet, to lose one pound and I'm gaining by the second...and you complain about 24 lbs LOST ???????????? I'm going to find out where you live and slap you silly.

You wanna hear what I had for dinner last night, it might make you feel better. 3 slices of pizza, 1 piece of apple pie and 4 cookies with a glass of milk........now go slap yourself and I want to hear it all the way to my house

Lady, be proud of yourself, what you have done is not an easy thing. One meal, brush it aside and continue being OP. Shoulders back, chest out, head high.... Remeber the old saying "You've Come A Long Way Baby" and you have!

TTYL, Love Leens
Old 04-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #10  

Thanks Jenny! I am back on program after suffering from the temporary insanity! It wasn't so much the food I ate ...it was the water pill thing leading me to think I was going back to old habits. BUT! I have done alot of praying and some thinking, whining and other wise other p.i.a. type of things and I have indeed (well for the moment because I AM pmsing!) gotten a grip!

Leens! You are one funny chick...you really do make my sides split!!!! Listen, I am in the phone book, when you come bring the cable guy ok...ours is out! Tickle Gracie's foot for me!

So here is the question...does anyone take a water pill once or twice a week, not because of high blood pressure, but because they get puffy? (which is not to be confused with fluffy!)

thanks!
peach
Old 04-23-2002, 10:56 AM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ok,
I am compelled to answer.
First off you have done a great job and no water pill or slice of pizza once in a while will change that.
The second thing about the water pill is if you drink enough water you shouldn't need one. Water is a regulator for flushing out toxins and keeping the body hydrated. By taking the diuretic you can change the balance in the body, requiring you to be even thirstier and wanting more water. But the diuretics also flush out good things like electrolytes and mineral. It is not a good thing to be doing all the time, it may actually increase cravings as the body has been flushed of good things too and you will crave foods with the missing things.

A long time ago I was on a TON of prednisone. The Dr. wanted me to take the diuretics. What I found to be true for me and for others, excluding those that take them for poor circulation, is that it become a cycle that can be hard to break. You feel water logged or puffy because your body has not regulated to the daily intake because you are dehydrated from taking the pills, you drink more water and then you take a pill, feel "better" but need water to re hydrate. For the average chick it really shouldn't be necessary. That said I would love to take them around that time of month.

My advice is to get in the water and skip the pills. Anything you loose taking them will come back with the first drink of water you take. It may take a few days or weeks to get the body into balance,
Ok, done preaching to Peachy

-L
Old 04-23-2002, 01:16 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Peach,

I get puffy, stuffy and fluffy and those are my good days

I've never taken water pills but I know my MIL does, for medical reasons (she weighs only 85 lbs, she's so skinny you could snap her like a twig).

I was on at one point in my dieting days (which is my entire life) Phentermine which is kinda like a water/diet pill. Those things were great, but boy was I thursty. Lost a lot of weight too sigh~

Talk to your Dr. if its making you nuts. I'm sure there's got to be something else you can do or take.

Let us know !

Love, Leens
Bunny w/Pnut butter...........OH LORDY !!! mmmmmmmm
Old 04-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

Default leens... you're gonna kill me for this one!!!

but those chocolate covered peanut butter bunnies???? i bought them for da boyz for easter, and since you live near peachie and me, i'll even tell you where i got them!!!!

nagels candy barn on route 23 north in wayne. right by the packanack shopping center.

please don't shoot me!!!!!!

as for the diuretic and water, i agree in principle with what L said, but there's something wacky about the way peachie and i process water. during my unfortunate incarceration, when i was gaining, the dietician said that i was replacing the body fat with water, and that i needed a diuretic so that my body would stop that nonsense

after awhile. i no longer needed the diuretic.

so, go figure. and, by the way, my doc was peeved when i stopped the water pill. but it wasn't doing anything but making me dehydrated since at some point or other i stopped retaining fluid.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:41 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Jiffy,

Yup I know exactly where that is.......Right by the Rag Shop & Michaels....BEEN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Do you honestly think there is one candy shop in all of N. NJ I don't know about ??

Pnut butter is my weekness and forget chocolate, I dream about that instead of sex ROFLMFFFFAO

Enuf said !

Love, Leens
Old 04-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Oh girls you are too much!!! ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!

glad you got over that with out me giving you lecture!!!