Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #16  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm a Scottish girl who looks best with golden skin and blonde hair... And as you may know our summers last one weekend out of the year, so I have some experience with this! I LOVE St Tropez gradual tan. You can't see the first coat (but wash your hands and exfoliate well anyway!), shower, exfoliate, reapply, repeat until you're the colour you want. Think of it like decorating your house or painting your nails. One big coat is going to show up every imperfection, but loads of little coats applied gradually eventually average out as one big even coat. There are other brands that do the gradual tan (I use garnier and johnsons when I'm short on £££s) but the St Tropez is my absolute favourite
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I sunbathe in the sun, those tanning beds scare the bejeezus out of me. I don't care about the wrinkles, I wear spf all year long but I do like to get tan. Wrinkles don't bother me, when I see someone with wrinkles due to the sun I think "that person has really enjoyed the beach!" I live for the beach, swmming, playing beach tennis or beach volleyball, having picnics under the umbrella, the smell of coconuts, blonde streaked hair, the feel of the salt and sun on my skin, it's more than just a tan. Honestly I don't care if I get wrinkles on my skin because of it, wrinkles means I've LIVED!!!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #18  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I tan in the beds at my gym. I love how I look with a tan, I remember as a kid (when I actually spent time outdoors) I would always have a lovely golden tan and my hair would get very light blond. While I understand the risks involved I do try not to get carried away as I would have no issue spending 20 minutes a day in a tanning bed. I am limiting my tanning sessions to twice a week for a max of 10 minutes each. I alternate stand up and lay down and I only tan my face once a week or else I just get crazy freckles!

Hopefully, I will have a very nice even color for the wedding in July.

I have never had one of those sunless tanning products that worked for me. I was either orange, streaky or orange-streaky All of the folds and creases in my skin make even application extremely difficult.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 232/232/150

Height: 5'4

Its more work for sure to use a self tanner rather then a tanning bed, but the best two I have found so far are Fake bake, the one in the purple bottle and it comes with a mitt, and million dollar tan.
time4change46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

I worked at a dermatology office as a medical assistant. I've seen tons of young ladies (and ladies of all ages) parading through those office doors with case after case of melanoma and some other not as serious skin cancers, but cancer regardless. I do not suggest tanning on purpose. You should wear your sunblock. I love the look of tan too, but it's just not worth the risks! I say find yourself a good salon that does a good spray tan. I don't know about 7 days, I heard they last 2 weeks. I plan to get my first sometime this summer.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #21  

Google "sunless tanning tips" and you will find dozens of pages of helpful suggestions for doing a professional self-tanning job at home. There are lots of techniques out there for avoiding that streaky orange look. Both my parents have been diagnosed with skin cancers in the past, you don't want to go through that.
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #22  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Merle Norman just released a new one that's supposed to look really good. I "embrace the pale" because I look like I haven't washed my face when I tan, and someone told me I looked like a 40s movie star. Yeah right

I really think that the sun is just one factor in skin cancer, and that we all get far less real sunlight than we need. That being said, SPF serves its purpose, and tanning beds are bad news. Get your 15 minutes a day naturally, and google your way to a perfect bottled glow.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote