Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Look at the differences between sizes for these designers

Today I tried on jeans as I am doing a fitness program where you are supposed to buy a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than you currently wear to see how close you get to your goal in 8 weeks.

I currently wear a size 10 - pretty much across the board. I have a few 12s, mostly 10s, a couple of 8s.

I was thinking, I would need 8s as I didn't think 6s were a possibility for me, but then I went to TJMaxx and tried them on. Tomorrow I'll go back and snap pictures to SHOW you what I'm talking about.

Anyway... I went in wearing what I felt was a well fitting pair of DKNY size 10 jeans. I grabbed some NYDJ, DKNY, Levi's Bold Curvy and Ralph Lauren.

I was shocked to see that the 8s fit better for the DKNY and the NYDJ than the 10s, but then was super shocked to find that the 6s weren't super tight, just slightly snug - like wearable snug in NYDJ, and DKNY.

Then I saw why. The differences in sizes from an 8 to a 6 is an inch smaller (or less) and with a bit of lycra in the jeans, how is an inch that big of a difference?

It wasn't like that in the bigger sizes, but these smaller sizes an inch is NOTHING, but the difference of an inch per size is only for 6-8-10. Bigger and smaller sizes are more like 2" a size. I've noticed similar sizing stuff with other designers. Wonder why that is?

Anyway, here's the link to DKNYs sizing chart: http://www.dkny.com/pages/help#size-guide

And, I'm not as small as these charts give for sizes, but that is typical for me for jeans.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #2  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Melissa, your observations don't surprise me in the least. Sizes, especially in jeans, are all over the board. Like you I have many sizes and they all fit. I guess that it just shows that you MUST try on jeans before buying.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #3  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

So annoying!! My weight has been constant for almost an entire year now. I wear 4s at American Eagle, but 2s in the boyfriend cut. I wear 0, 2, and 4 at LOFT. Slme petite, some short, some regular.

My sizes are all over the ace at other stores, so I just stick mostly to LOFT, since there style fits my personality. But I went just yesterday to do my returns and exchanges. Ugh!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Yes, I agree, it is very irritating to have different measurements for different sizes. Oh well! That's the way the ball bounces, right?
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

I wish Women's went by inches like men!!!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

This is exactly why I can't shop online - I HAVE to try clothes on before buying because sizing in different companies is always so different. Heck, even in the same company I've tried on different jeans ( I forgot which brand it was) and both looked different on me even though they were the same size, except one was capris and one was long. Crazy.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/191.3/135

Height: 5'7

I can't remember where I read this, but bigger sizes have more of a gap between sizes. So the difference between an 18 and a 16 is much greater than between an 8 and a 6!
NoSuchUser is offline   Reply With Quote