Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #16  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

I'm nowhere near goal yet but just being a little bit smaller has turned me into a clothes-a-holic! When I was much bigger I'd stick to purses and shoes (because it didn't matter how big I was, they still looked good!). Now that not everything I try on is a total horror to look at I just can't stop picking stuff up! Ask me again in 9 months
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredKestrel View Post
(Freelancemomma, $7,000 on shoes doesn't sound that bad... I use to blow that and more, EACH SEASON)
OMG, I didn't spend $7,000 on shoes last year! That's the total I spent on clothes. I buy almost no shoes because I'm a size 11, which is hard to come by in Canada, and rarely wear heels because of my height.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's so ridiculous! I'm spending money on make-up, on shoes, on scarves, even on clothes. Yesterday I bought two pairs of heels from Famous Footwear for $23!!!! (On their super cheap clearance- $15 each and buy one get one half off- crazy!).
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #19  

I too experienced this! Although after putting on some weight I went thru a workout gear shopoholic phase instead! buying dvds, weights, exercise clothes etc. It did help motivate me!

Having weight to lose has kept me from shopping, which I guess, if anything, is good for the wallet
Jralla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #20  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

jralla- workoutgear, i have SO much. and I buy a lot of specialty stuff (50$+ a peice for a sports bra/pair of tiny shorts for yoga). i am actually about to invest in a 70$ lululemon yoga mat, nuts right?

did anybodies feet shrink ?? i went from a solid 10, to a 8.5-9 which means i've had to replace all of my shoes :|
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4

I actually find that I buy less clothing, but more beauty products/treatments and accessories now than I used to.

With my weight usually in the 114-117 range, even a small fluctuation makes clothes too big or too small, and I'm getting tired of having to dig through my closet to find something that fits that day! I tend to wear my uniform (I'm military, so that takes the work out of deciding what to wear to the office each day) or gym clothes most of the time.

On the flip side though, I am doing everything I can to take really great care of my skin and hair so I invest in pricier skin care products, botox, hair care products, fragrances, etc.

I have also found that I will buy more and spend more money on 'investment' pieces like shoes and handbags because those fit all the time.

Um, I just recently spent over $4k on ONE pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

After losing 25 lbs and now being a healthy weight, I enjoy shopping much more. Once I hit goal get within a few lbsof it, I have a feeling I will go crazy and start buying all kinds of clothes!
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #23  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Yes! I was just thinking this yesterday. I'm constantly getting rid of stuff as well though so it's not too bad. I seem to be picking stuff up all the time now, my room looks crazy. Gotta throw out the bigger stuff again! Not a bad complaint
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

I've always had a shopping addiction. When I was heavier it tended to be just throw away clothes though because I hoped I wouldn't fit in them for too long. Now I've started buying more quality items and while I'm more choosy, they are definitely more expensive. With 40 lbs left to go I look for things that can be easily taken in.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #25  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
Oh lord, I was a shopaholic prior to losing weight and I'm even more of one now!
This.

I'm planning an epic shopping trip for my UK trip in November. Like "not feeling sorry about spending $1000+ on clothes in 5 days" epic.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Oh my gosh - YES! I thought I was alone in this, so funny to see this thread. DH jokes with me about my shopping addiction - I actually enjoy shopping now - something I use to avoid like the plague. A couple years ago (at my highest weight of 230) my mother-in-law paid for the entire family to go to Costa Rica for a week to celebrate my step-father-in-law's birthday. I had nothing to wear, of course, and it was the most excruciating experience for me, I ended up doing all my shopping online and spending hundreds on clothes I hated and never wore again.

This year for our big vacation, I think I shopped every weekend for a month and I loved it! I have lost so much weight that I literally had to buy an entirely new wardrobe, right down to my undies, and for the first time since I was a teenager, I love shopping!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #27  

S/C/G: LW/SW/CW/GW: 107/121/119.4/113

Height: 5'2

Yes. My $651 credit card bill this month demonstrates my obsession pretty accurately.
butterfliesinhereyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #28  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I reel it in and I don't allow myself to go shopping much because I like so much.

It's funny that you post this though. I'm thinking about Halloween costumes and now that I'm closer to goal and WILL be at goal next year, I have all these ideas of things I want to get - and of course, they are all crazy expensive, but now that I would look good in them, I want them!

This year I was good - bought a used bridesmaids dress at a consignment shop for way cheap that I will dress up as an ice princess or fairy or something. But man... if I were at goal? I would be thinking about custom made! Crazy!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #29  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

I was going to say yes because I'm still feeling the $150 I spent last month on some desperately needed blouses and skirts but, um... wow. Thousands?! Daaayum.
I guess I'm really more of a window shopaholic right now. I need to save all my pennies so I can afford to buy clothes for winter as I have nothing useable.

I hate shoes so much I cannot even fathom a pair worth anything near $4000. But! But I'm all about people buying them. To each their own. Plus the economy and all that.

Last edited by Thistleberry; 09-06-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistleberry View Post
I hate shoes so much I cannot even fathom a pair worth anything near $4000. But! But I'm all about people buying them. To each their own. Plus the economy and all that.
LOL, I know it... but really, it's all relative. For me that was a gift to myself for finishing another degree, and I could afford it, so it was no big deal.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote