Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default any tips on how to get nails to grow quicker?

I finally stopped nibbling on my nails in summer of '09 and they grew long and beautiful for over a yr(while I was doing a crazy overwhelming nursing program that almost killed me). I got many compliments and I loved just caring for them and admiring how nice they were-all those yrs of nervous anxiety and I could have had model's nails-who knew? so this past summer I was studying like crazy for the boards and started my bad habit again now I'm trying to let them grow again and it's incredibly slow and I don't know why? any diet or activity tips to stimulate healthy growth? it's happening but I know it took no time last yr to get good length-trying to repeat that but don't know how....
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

When my best friend started on pre-natal vitamins, her nails (and hair) started growing like CRAZY. She's not going to have a kid, its for some of her girl-parts-problems, but... they made her feel better too. And I know when I eat a balanced diet and take my vitamins, my nails grow way better. This is the first time in my life that my nails look decent!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #3  

Thanks! I did some research via internet and I read that too that the prenatal vits are the way to go-I think I may do that too. I know the diet improvement is the 1st option but I know I ate terribly for the past yr with the focus being on my schooling so I was just trying to figure it out...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

I take 5000mgs of Biotin everyday for hair and nails ...works wonders !!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #5  
Workin' It

My nails grow like crazy when I eat a lot of protein.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Another great vitamin that has really helped me for both skin and nails is MSM. It is also great from stress headaches as well as making the skin more youthful. I take 1000 units 3-4 times a day and my nails and hair and skin are better than the have been in years.
Cheriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
I take 5000mgs of Biotin everyday for hair and nails ...works wonders !!
I've been taking Biotin everyday too for the last several weeks and I noticed that my nails are growing faster than ever. It really was a shock, because I usually break them off constantly doing farm/yard/garden work. Biotin is really inexpensive and good for hair too. I just get the wal-mart brand for cheap. The primary reason I got it was so I could get my layers to grow out faster...the nail grown was an added benefit I didn't know I was getting.

The downside is, the hair on my legs and pits grow MUCH faster now too.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Since I've started eating broccoli (a lot LOL) my nails grow really fast. I feel like I have to cut them down every week or two to keep them from being too long.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #9  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

I recently started a multivitamin and additional calcium/vitamin D supplements, and my nails have shocked me by not only growing fast, but growing strong and thick. I've always, ALWAYS had paper-thin, wimpy nails that peeled and split at the touch of a finger (literally), but now they're so hard I can use a nail trimmer on them and they don't split. It's really great!!! I don't know if it's the biotin in the multi or the extra calcium/vitamin D (or the tons of broccoli I eat!), but whatever, not going to question it--just going to enjoy.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

another vote for 5000mcg biotin. I also take 1000mg MSM, along with eating healthier and more protein (fish), fruit and vegetables. I can clip my nails down to the skin and within 2 weeks they are long again.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #11  

ok nails are growing nicely(thanks everyone!) I'm doing the daily prenatal vitamin and the nails look nice except both thumb nails are growing very slowly??? either are long and look kinda the same as last month when I 1st posted-I don't get it?!?! not sure what to do...I'm moisturizing to stimulate growth often, taking the prenatal vit, not sure what the problem is really.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Protein, protein, protein and OPI Nail Envy.
I have gel nails because while mine will grow fast and not break, they are
not just ridgy they are "bubbly" and there is no smoothing it.
However, since I started really increasing protein a year ago I can tell my nails are growing more because I have to get fills more often and my hair - good lord I had a lot before and now its just insanity.
Also OPI Nail Envy works really well to keep the nail plate hydrated to minimize cracking and you want to keep your cuticles well moisturized as well. Remember - by the time you can see your hair or nails its already "dead" so you have to start by nourishing them from the inside.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/135/120

Height: 5' 3

what is MSM??
giggles4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 287.4/268.7/175

Height: 5'5"

I find a diet high in protein helps, but also fish/flax oils help mine
amosandandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #15  

My nails were thin and growing slowly.
Then I tried this solution.
I started drinking 1/4 cup berry juice every day. I like cranberry, blueberry and blackberry juice.

I also eat 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds every day.
I found them at the health food store. They have no shells.

My nails are thick and strong, and my dry skin is gone.
My hair grew in real thick also.
It took about 6 months to notice the changes. And I keep eating the juice and seeds because they give me energy.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote