Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/130

Height: 5'4

Default Break outs while first starting diet?

I hope I'm posting this question in the right place ... still trying to figure out the boards.

Is it normal to have a major break out when you first start drinking the right amt of water a day, etc? I have minimal acne to begin with, probably because of my eating habits, etc but I started drinking 10 - 8 oz glasses of water a day just two days ago ( Monday morning ) and I am breaking out liek crazy all over my face. That's the only thing I can think of that would be causing it, but why? Is it normal?
Mis978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  

I can imagine it's because your body has finally the chance to cleanse its pores. If you haven't had really enough to drink before, and then suddenly switched to drinking a lot, your body will get a chance to cleanse, and that is what you perceive as a break-out. It should calm down within a week, I think.
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

That happened to me and my doctor said it was because I was hydrating myself enough to let my body cleanse itself of toxins. It cleared up as soon as my body got used to it. Just make sure to take extra care to keep your face cleansed because there's more nasty stuff than usual trying to get out of your pores.

My mother offered a lovely gem of advice when I was annoyed with my face breaking out once... "At least you HAVE a face!"

Last edited by bama girl; 06-30-2010 at 01:39 PM.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/224/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama girl View Post
That happened to me and my doctor said it was because I was hydrating myself enough to let my body cleanse itself of toxins. It cleared up as soon as my body got used to it. Just make sure to take extra care to keep your face cleansed because there's more nasty stuff than usual trying to get out of your pores.

My mother offered a lovely gem of advice when I was annoyed with my face breaking out once... "At least you HAVE a face!"
I like your mom's advice! Ha Ha
Mis978 is offline   Reply With Quote