Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Question Celliulite !!!!

Since piling over 2 stone on i have noticed my celliulite has probably almost doubled and is not looking good on the thighs. I have used creams in the past which have smoothed it out and im going to start using them again. However im interested to know if theres any other remidies tips anyone has used for cellulite,apart from creams and the obvious of lots of water in which i drink lots of.

lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I have noticed a very significant decrease in cellulite on my thighs and I really think it has a lot to do with exercise. It's probably not scientific and there are probably people who disagree, but my legs are so much more toned and muscular now...and have almost no cellulite either. I think they kind of go hand in hand.

But I also drink a ton of water, so it could be that.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #3  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Mine only went away with excerise....
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Things I have seen work for others:

Lowering body fat
Eating the right foods
Drinking water
Building muscle (which is firm; cellulite is not and therefore lends itself to the dimpled appearance)

As for myself, I never had cellulite but I did suffer an extreme drug reaction that created on me an affect akin to the appearance of cellulite. Doing all of the above worked for me, though personally I drink a lot less water than a lot of people on this site.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 06-09-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if this is an old wives tale but my Mom used to tell me it piled on from eating too much meat. I guess scientifically that means more saturated fat from beef and pork products which makes sense.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #6  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Well cellulite is caused by the collagen fibers that hold the skin to the muscle being stretched too much because of excess fat. So it pulls on the skin and creates a dimpling effect. Really the only way to get rid of it is to exercise (increase muscle) and to lose body fat.

Staying moisturized and getting a tan probably would improve the appearance, though. I notice that my legs being tanner and lotioned up look much better and less cellulite-y than when I don't lol.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

Aren't body brushes supposed to break down the fat or something? I try to remember to use a body brush before I exercise or shower. Although I don't know if I have lots of cellulite or not, now I'm too scared to look!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #8  
Amazing will be me

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belease View Post
Aren't body brushes supposed to break down the fat or something? I try to remember to use a body brush before I exercise or shower. Although I don't know if I have lots of cellulite or not, now I'm too scared to look!
yeah thanks for that , i forgot about body brushes......i used to use them alot as a teen ......then i jus got lazy and as i crept in to my 20's alot of stuff falls at the waist side.

Ill get one see what happens. Im also gona get some trilaser cream from avon which i used 2 year ago and really smoothed the apperance. So hoping to get my legs back. they are currently being abducted by alien fat cells in orange peel space ships hahaha
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote