Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #1  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Default Great Tip for Soft Skin

So this tip was from my midwife after my second baby, she said it would help the soreness and irritation from pushing/stitches. But a bonus I wasn't expecting was really soft skin! So you fill your bathtub with warm water, then add a cap full of Dreft. Yup, the baby laundry detergent. This is a great bubble bath option too if you're sensitive to normal bubble baths. Then you soak in the tub for as long as you like.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #2  

I will definitely have to try to this one. I hope it works for me as well.
shairawilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #3  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Oh wow, this sounds great!! And a lot better for my tattoos than scented lotions. I am so trying this!! Thanks!
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #4  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

As a major fan of bubble baths, I'll try the Dreft.

I'd been having a horrible problem with flaky, dry skin on my forehead. Everywhere else I'm pretty much OK, but the forehead really looked bad. It was even ruining my makeup by making my foundation look like stucco.

Suddenly I got an inspiration and washed my face with my husband's dandruff shampoo. Works like a charm.

I came here to post that, but since the soft skin thread was already started, I added my tip in here.

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 03-23-2010 at 12:43 AM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #5  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Definitely gonna try this!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

You know what is really amazing stuff? Papaya soap... especially Likas Papaya Soap. It's marketed for natural skin whitening, but I quickly discovered another side effect.. it makes your skin baby smooth. All the bumps on my upper arms were almost completely gone within just a week of using the stuff. They're back now cuz I haven't kept up with it, but that stuff's amazing. Only downside is it dries your skin out so you have to moisturize after you use it. But I LOOOOOOVE the effects!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #7  
on the way to Onederland

S/C/G: 260/248/220(mini goal)/140

Height: 5'4

1/2 cup sugar and 3-4 tsps olive oil ... for the smoothest skin in the whole world lol
gypsychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovebirdsFlying View Post
As a major fan of bubble baths, I'll try the Dreft.

I'd been having a horrible problem with flaky, dry skin on my forehead. Everywhere else I'm pretty much OK, but the forehead really looked bad. It was even ruining my makeup by making my foundation look like stucco.

Suddenly I got an inspiration and washed my face with my husband's dandruff shampoo. Works like a charm.

I came here to post that, but since the soft skin thread was already started, I added my tip in here.
My son has either excema or psoriasis.....or some type of dry, flaky skin condition on the skin of his nose. The dermatologist gave him a prescription (EXPENSIVE) cream for it, but also recommended using dandruff shampoo on it once it had gotten manageable to keep it that way.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote