Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #1  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Default Vera Bradley

Does anyone else ove these bags as much as I do??? Up till about 2 years ago I had never heard of Vera Bradley until I started working in my store. I would look at them everyday and go ick. But I didn't realize how popular they were. Everyone and thair mother loves them at least in my area they do. I know it's different everywhere. So after a few months I was in love.

Yesterday, me and my co-workers put out the new fall styles/patterns and I'm in love with 3 of them. Night Owl, Frankly Scarlett, Cafe Latte. This week I think I'm going to get a new bucket bag/miller bag/maybe a hipster...

Just wanted to know if anyone else shared my love affair
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes...I do.

At first, I hated Vera Bradley bags, too...but it was because all of the women who I knew who had them-had the tacky, country printed ones with roosters and stuff on them.

My first Vera Bradley bag was the limited edition silk paisley. My second was the silk hobo purse in key lime (with the accessories-checkbook cover, etc.) and my third was the Java Blue paisley with the accessories as well.

The lime is MUCH much brighter than this photo...

These are not my actual purses...I just looked online real quick and found pics of my color/style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68584.jpg (14.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg NZSDZYE2CYDG.jpg (24.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 239.jpg (45.1 KB, 12 views)
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Ditto! I absolutely love them and have several!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Okay, Yes! I love Vera...in fact that is what I reward myself with when I meet a weight loss goal...I have the daisy daisy backpack as my everyday diaper bag and a cargo sling in Kensington...I sold a java blue on craigs list that I was done with...I love the mod blue and mod pink and really wanted one of the limited edition seasides but didn't get one...I didn't know the fall colors were out so I am going to have to look! the new ones are fantastic...I also have the zip around wallet in Cambridge and that holds everything from a pocket calendar to my checkbook...I could go on and on.....
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  
Woman on a mission

Yay VB girls!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #6  
Woman on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmommy2 View Post
Okay, Yes! I love Vera...in fact that is what I reward myself with when I meet a weight loss goal...I have the daisy daisy backpack as my everyday diaper bag and a cargo sling in Kensington...I sold a java blue on craigs list that I was done with...I love the mod blue and mod pink and really wanted one of the limited edition seasides but didn't get one...I didn't know the fall colors were out so I am going to have to look! the new ones are fantastic...I also have the zip around wallet in Cambridge and that holds everything from a pocket calendar to my checkbook...I could go on and on.....
If you don't have a store nearby I know the website has the new colors up
Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.
I love the vb stuff, but not the bags specifically. I have a really cute lunch bag and I am lusting over the sunglasses at my eye doc's office. (also owned by family and ran by my father- hoping for a discount) I am going to the website right now to check it all out.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #8  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I LOVE vera bradley stuff! I haven't really ventured into buying anything other than purses/wallets, but I might someday. For now, I'm sticking with bags/wallets. I discovered VB in college about 4 years ago and have been buying at least one purse per year, (usually two) and I have a few wallets also. I can feel another purchase coming on soon, although I just bought a new Coach bag (yay huge discount!) so I will probably be holding off another VB for a few months. Might get one for my honeymoon coming up in OCtober

I just love the colors- they make me happy.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I sorta like VB...at first I was sorta like... 'eh' ...but I like bright colors so I saw some pretty patterns that caught my eye. But...everyone at work has them, so that sort of lessens their appeal to me. (weird?, maybe). I like coach too, but again EVERYbody has one. Literally. We have a coach store in the mall and I think every woman in southeastern minnesota has bought a coach bag. Instead I've ordered a new Beijo Bag... they're sorta fun and different too.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #10  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I'm looking to buy my first Vera pieces very soon. I've been lusting after the Mod Floral duffel for some time now. I want one, but havent decided on color because I love both! I also want some of the Vera accessories (wallets, id cases, coin purses) in her pink and green patterns. Puccini also looks great for a tote bag!
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #11  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

It's funny that you post this now, I'm thinking of getting my first VB bag! I like the casual style a lot! I'm debating over my favorite print before I order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgirl737 View Post
I like coach too, but again EVERYbody has one. Literally. We have a coach store in the mall and I think every woman in southeastern minnesota has bought a coach bag. Instead I've ordered a new Beijo Bag... they're sorta fun and different too.
I just discovered my love for Coach a few months ago. Well, really my love for fashionable purses and wallets in general (I have been known to only purchase a new cheap wallet if the current cheap one breaks). I love the medium sized Coach Carly bag and I've had to stop myself from buying it in more than one color, LOL. I have it in chocolate now:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5a87_1.JPG (15.8 KB, 11 views)
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #12  
Woman on a mission

A girl I used to work with had that exact Carly bag and I loved it. One day I'll get a coach bag when I get up the courage to spend $400 ...it'll take time haha
Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 AM   #13  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Manda - is there a Coach outlet anywhere near you? I have 3 coach bags, but i haven't spent more than $125 on any of them - yay for Coach Outlet! I will never pay 200 + bucks for a purse like the regular coach bags, but when I pop into an outlet and they are reduced 50% then i might pick one up. Some of the VB is pricey too so when I get a great deal on a coach bag I don't feel so bad buying it. I doubt I'll ever get one at real cost though - just too much money.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I won't buy a Coach bag...simply because I can't justify $300-$400 on a purse. Even at an outlet, I won't. I can get a Vera Bradley bag, AND the wallet for $100-and then buy some clothes for my kids, a good bottle of wine, and still have enough left over for our groceries or the insurance bill.

$400, in my opinion, is just WAY too much for a purse. To pay that, it would have to come with a good looking man, walking around behind me carrying it for me as I shop-perferably in pool boy attire.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #15  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaVTFan View Post
Manda - is there a Coach outlet anywhere near you? I have 3 coach bags, but i haven't spent more than $125 on any of them - yay for Coach Outlet! I will never pay 200 + bucks for a purse like the regular coach bags, but when I pop into an outlet and they are reduced 50% then i might pick one up. Some of the VB is pricey too so when I get a great deal on a coach bag I don't feel so bad buying it. I doubt I'll ever get one at real cost though - just too much money.
The outlets definitely have the best prices, and even Macy's sometimes has some steals (in store, not online). The regular Coach stores simply don't sale price anything ever, but they are good for gawking at the new stuff. The outlet stores also carry some nice styles that the regular store does not.
ars is offline   Reply With Quote