Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #1  
Token Short Girl

Default Odd Bra Sizes

Have you ever gone bra shopping and noticed that there is never that ribcage size to match your cup? Or they just don't seem to think that you need the straps to be so long or so short?

In my lifetime, I have cried at least six times while hunting for bras. I have had saleswomen make fun of me. I have gotten disgusted looks from jealous women and pitying looks from others who understood my problems. I've gotten the, "Well, it's not my problem if you can't find bras," while shopping before. I've also gotten the, "I don't know why you're whining about bras if you're that lucky, anyways."

You see...I'm 4'10", about 110 lbs., and I currently wear a 34 or 36DD (depending on brand). But the clothing industry doesn't seem to think that small people can have (naturally) large breasts. So, if you've ever had issues finding that perfect bra, or have suggestions for stores that cater to oddly-shaped women, let us know. Us crazily-disproportionate gals would love to hear from you, and share our stories.
kellyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Bra shopping is the worst for me! I have small boobs and a big "rib cage"... it's brutal.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #3  
Token Short Girl

Apparently, EVERY woman is supposed to be between a 36 and a 40 C. It drives me insane >.<
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #4  

Yeah I know, "Apparently". I always end up crying out of frustration while bra shopping!.

Last edited by luvja; 09-04-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #5  
Token Short Girl

I feel your pain, hun.
Same with dress shopping.
There's only been 1 time in my life when I didn't have to wear a stiff, uncomfortable 24-hook corsette-style girdle bra with a dress. And the dress had a laceup back so I couldn't breathe anyways lol

Last time I went bra shopping at JC Pennies, the little Asian woman who was assisting me laughed at me and said I should just leave.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #6  

WOW - rude!. (the little asian lady)
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #7  
Token Short Girl

You're telling me! I reported her to the store manager and I guess she got moved out of lingerie for offending myself and other customers, lol. I've found I prefer Carsen's to JC Pennies, though. And I've had good luck at Target the last few times I've tried on bras there. My newest "good boob" bra is from Target
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've never done a mail order bra myself, but consider looking at Bravissimo. They generally carry 30-38/40 DD-I. They're actually geared toward regular sizes but large cup size (they don't go much into plus sizing.

http://www.bravissimo.com/error404.a...th=/about.aspx
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm a 36 (depending on the bra) but it's the cup that's my problem! c's are too small and D's are too Big!! I need a C and a half!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #10  
Token Short Girl

Some companies DO make half-sizes. It's hard to find them above a C (in fact, no one makes a D.5) but they're out there, somewhere. Playtex is the brand to look for for half-cup increments.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #11  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

try fredericks of hollywood. Its kinds like a victoria secrets, but carries larger sizes. they have lots of stuff on their website. www.fredericks.com
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyfoo View Post
Apparently, EVERY woman is supposed to be between a 36 and a 40 C. It drives me insane >.<
Even when you are these sizes bra shopping is a nightmare! I'm a 36 C and I still have problems finding bras that fit well. I think the main problem is that most bra manufacturers seem to have forgotten what quality is. Plus there seems to be no really standard of sizing. It's truly frustrating. I used to love Bali when I was larger, but find their bras have no support in the smaller sizes. Hello? I don't have 18 year old boobs anymore.

On top of all that, if 36 C is the "average" size, how come I can't find a button up top that actually buttons? I digress... that's a complaint for a different thread.

Last edited by zenor77; 09-04-2008 at 01:20 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

I always have to buy my bras online. I can't even go into Lane Bryant to get them bc they don't carry them big enough. I hope by losing weight the girls will shrink too so I can just walk into the store and get a cute patterned bra!
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #14  
Token Short Girl

My sister had a successful breast reduction in June. She went from a DDD to a C cup. And even SHE can't find good bras.

The lucky b!tch doesn't even really need a bra anymore, because the plastic surgeon made them so firm for her................
Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyfoo View Post
The lucky b!tch doesn't even really need a bra anymore, because the plastic surgeon made them so firm for her................
I wish! Lucky girl!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote