Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #1  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Default Blush problems

So, when I wear blush it's NARS DeepThroat (a peachy pink shade) and I felt like it was a good color on me. But, I've noticed in pictures of myself recently that my cheeks appear *orange*. So, I need to change to another blush. I've got brown hair, blue eyes with med-fair complexion with pinkish undertones. I don't know what color to try next. I'm thinking it should it be just a pink? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nori71; 03-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

I think you could just go pink, or you could get a sheer golden color.
elmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

It sounds like you have the same features as me. I wear a straight pink from Clinique. Maybe you could go to a make-up counter at a department store like Macy's and ask someone there what blush best works with your skin tone? I got my foundation matched like that and it was perfect... except when I lost my tan and got too pale for it, lol. Oh well, I can wear it again in the summer when I get my tan back
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

I use CARGO blush and I like it a lot. Here's a link to the Sephora website: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jh...ategoryId=4257

The blush is a combination of a lot of different shades. I have very fair complextion with dark hair and use the "Barbary Coast" shade. It looks dark when you see it, but when I put it on it's very natural looking.

If you have a Sephora store near you go there. They have samples of everything and you can try them all. They even have make up remover so you can keep trying things on. I love that store, I can easily spend a few hours there.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #5  
One life, live it well

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried MK blush before and it's not pigmented enough for me. Or at least it wasn't in the past! I LOVED their bronzing beads though! And then they went and d/c them.

I'll take a peek at the Clinique blushes next time I'm at Macy's. I wear their High Impact mascara and like it alot.

That Cargo blush has caught my eye before.

Yeah, there is a Sephora store close by. First problem is I rarely go shopping alone and it's not a good store to take a 3 and 4 year old into! Second problem is that I will overspend in there. And I don't really even consider myself a makeup junkie! I should go get opionions though.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Unless you are doing stage makeup, blush shouldn't look like makeup. If it is noticeable that you are wearing "blush" then it is the wrong color, or you are wearing too much of it.

The best color of blush for someone, will be the color that they turn when they get flushed naturally. (Take a look at your cheeks after exercise, etc.)

Just from what you described, I would suggest a LIGHT pink. Very soft and rosy-especially if you have cool skin with pink undertones. Don't go with brown/peach/orangey shades-because they are for more golden skin tones...and you described your skin as cool/pink undertones.

However-go LIGHT. You don't want something that looks hot pink/fuschia in the container. Think more like a soft baby pink.

Bright/obvious blush will make you look "dated". When you see yourself in the mirror, it is different than how everyone else sees you. Just like harsh blue eyeshadow and painted on eyebrows do on senior citizen ladies. You want to go more by the photographs of you-like the one where you realized your blush wasn't working for you. It is a more accurate view of how everyone else sees you.

Last edited by aphil; 03-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #7  
One life, live it well

Thanks Aphil. I *know* all that about it not looking obvious, and didn't think it did. But esp the pics in natural lighting proved me wrong. I think NARS is fairly pigmented and use a light hand with a skunk brush, but it's still too obvious. I'll go this weekend if I get a chance and try something simply plain pink.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #8  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Try Benefit's Dandelion or NARS Orgasm. Those are the standard looks-good-on-everyone blushes.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

I use Dior and it's got four shades in it. I use the three lightest up higher on the cheek and the darkest just below my cheek bones to make my face look thinner. I blend it and it looks nice. Natural looking, and not too pink.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

As a Makeup Artist, I love using pinks (NOT bright pinks, rather the lighter shades) on people with your colouring. I personally have more yellow undertones so I use L'Oreal blush in peach which works for me. The reason why the colouring may appear orange in photos is because photography often needs specific makeup colours as lighting and angles affect how it will show up (example being whites around the eyes, in photographs ends up looking like dirt).

It's hard to give exact brands, but definitely what the other girls suggested, a lighter pink shade would compliment your features best I think.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote