Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Other then eBay...

where have you sold the clothes that you've outgrown? I have so much in sizes 16-18, and I am so sad to have outgrown them... I shop at higher end stores, so I really don't want to just give them away, but I don't really feel like listing on eBay either. I was wondering if there are any other message boards for selling used clothing. If anyone has any idea, let me know!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I list mine on Kijiji and Craigslist by the garbage bag-ful... they always sell
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #3  
Meg

Try local consignment stores. They're desperate for plus sized clothing, especially good quality pieces. The one I used was in a nice area of town, so had a clientele that could afford pricier clothing. I made a nice little bundle to add to my Whole New Wardrobe fund. As a matter of fact, they kept calling me for a year or two, hoping that I had more larger sized clothing. Apparently the plus sizes go like hotcakes.

Good luck!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Ha ha I'd buy them from you but I'm a bit taller than you so would probably be to short--Shucks!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I agree on the consignment stores - you don't get much and you have to really track what you are leaving and check back frequently to see if sold - but at least you get something and you know you are helping other woman who can't afford to buy new. Another option I use is the local Womens Crisis Center - many women with and without children who had to leave abusive partners with nothing but the clothes on their backs - or a local church - we have several here that collect for specific families or for homeless in Boston.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote