Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Panties Issues ????

Ok - this is embarrassing as all get out - but here goes. I have a horrible time with panties. I am losing weight like crazy and no matter what size I am in I can't find panties that cover me completely in the front. They could be big on my backside but I can't find adequate coverage in the front. I have tried full panties, boy shorts etc. and no luck. Anyone else have this problem ???? If not - I'll shoot myself - LOL !
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #2  

Have you looked at Lane Bryant full briefs? Make sure they are not the high leg or bikini kind. The full brief sort have been pretty comfy for me. And I always buy them a couple of sizes lower than my clothes size because this way they stay put.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #3  

Unhappy

Yes - thats what I usually buy. Maybe maybe my body just gained in a funny way. It's incredibly discouraging.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL I relate to this one! There is nothing more horrifying in the mornings than to pull on your panties, look in the mirror and see cha cha hanging out all over the place! My problem usually comes from trying to buy "cute" teenie/junior underwear...They leave no space for your lady parts!

I have found that most boyshort cut panties work for me. I know you said you tried them, but I would just experiment with some different styles of boycuts and maybe some different sizes?

If all else fails, just wear them backwards!!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #5  

Talking

LOL !!!!!!! Thank you for the laugh and the suggestion !
Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262.2/199.8/150

Height: 5'5

Just My Size must have undies too!

What about trying Lane Bryant online--Women Within it is now called. You might have a better selection there.
KayLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It irritates me too. I've noticed that Just My Size has changed alot of their styles, to be more revealing. Higher cut legs, lower cut, hip-hugger waists. It's so annoying. I bought the same size and apparent style that I always do (and that still fit) and the hips were so low that when I wore them for the first time, they started to slip. I wasn't at home when this happened of course, I was out shopping. If I had been wearing a dress, they would have fallen to my ankles. Instead, I'm walking around the store trying to get to a restroom without "walking funny," because my undies have fallen deep into the legs of my jeans.

I've ordered from Roaman's and Lane Bryant (now Woman Within), but they're hit and miss. Some styles turn out to be great, others (that look identical in the catalog) will be horrible, or will look fine, but be so poorly made they fall apart in the first wash (the economy packs on both websites aren't worth the money. The elastic leg and waistband starts to unravel or separate from the pantie in the first wash).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #8  

I've tried them all. Just My Size, Woman Within, Lane Bryant, Roamans....

You are SO right about the economy packs from Woamn Within - I ordered a pack of 3 microfiber briefs. They were like tissue paper - very uncomfortable - not smooth microfiber - and - I KID YOU NOT - they were like 3 inches wide and 14 inches long !!!!!!! I swear they were made for a skinny giant person !!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I just bought a slew of new undies from Lane Bryant. They were soooo comfy (I don't even feel like I'm wearing undies). They are "lightweight seamless hipsters" A microfiber fabric. They are on sale 5/$15 right now. They give very good front and back coverage. I have never been able to tolerate full briefs because they ride up my back (not butt...my actual back). It is so annoying to have 4 inches of fabric above my waist.

If you decide to look for them, don't be fooled by the way your size might look when you hold them up. I held them up and they looked about 4 sizes too small, but they fit perfect!!

I am also partial to Lane Bryant's string bikinis...not what you are looking for, but they make me feel like a "thin" person. And they fit really well for my big butt.

Hope you find something that fits you.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

All of my underware come from Lane Bryant, however I find that they are sized bigger than all their clothes. When I was wearing size 24 pants, I was wearing size 18/20 underwear.

I, too, like the seamless panties. I have a few pairs and where them to workout in because they're soooo comfy and give good coverage. I guess I don't have so much of a problem of my "lady stuff" being covered. I'm not sure what kind of problem you're having cause I"m pretty dense at understanding people sometime. :P

I wouldn't know who else to suggest...all other brands seem crummy to me.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #11  

Cool

Has anyone tried Bali Skimp Skamp panties ?? JMS has a new style called Studio Modern and in the description it states "full coverage front to back". I've never even seen this brand in stores although it is described as the #1 Department Store Panty. Could be because my #1 department store is WalMart - LOL !!!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #12  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Have ya'll looked into Jockey's? They come in a huge range of sizes and styles -I'm a cotton girl myself, but they do microfiber and silks as well.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I'm thrilled I'll still be in Jockey's no matter how much weight I lose - or don't!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #13  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I've had such a heck of a time with underwear in my life that I just quit wearing them about 4-5 years ago. Nothing seems to fit right...everything is either too constricting, or leaves ugly lines, or goes straight up my butt.

Undies drive me nuts, so I'd love to hear about the perfect kind too!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Okay.. whew.. I find this incredibly funny since I've been having panty malfunctions myself but thought it was just me. I have the same problem not enough coverage in front with some panties but then the waist is too big or the butt is too big. Then I feel it slipping down my rear and it's not comfy having ur pants in one place around ur waist but ur panties almost off of your rear and sliding around. I guess I'm going to be going through my panty drawer tomorrow and throwing some out! And sucking it up and getting some new ones.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

I have been wearing the Fruit of the Loom cotton Hipsters from Walmart. They are comfy and don't "travel" and you don't see them when your too big pants are gaping in the back! LOL! The price is right about $6 for 3 pair and I am wearing size 22 pants but am now in size 11 in the hipsters (which say for size 20). My older ones were starting to no longer be on my hips, but more on my waist...so I decided to buy a few.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote