Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #61  
Visualize the beach....

S/C/G: 235/205/127

Height: 5'4"

Default UK Reporters Diet for a 00

I saw a documentary somewhere about a couple of UK reporters (women) who went on various diets and spa treatments (colonics, etc) in order to get to a 00. They were both healthy weights, around 145. One ended up with an eating disorder (too much obsessing) and the other one met the 00 goal, but, she was totally not intent on keeping the size 00. She was looking forward to going back to her original size which was a 12, I think. It was an interesting show, I just can't remember the name!

Beth
bikinidreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 179/160/whatever feels right

Height: 5'7

I think it was called "race to size 00" or something like that- I thought it was insane- losing weight that fast would have given them loose skin and terribly crappy immune systems.
ibleedlipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #63  
Visualize the beach....

S/C/G: 235/205/127

Default you got it!

Yup, you're right. It was Super Skinny Me: The Race to Size Zero. It did give a good perspective on body image, though, I think. I know my perspective of my body is off.

B
bikinidreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

In the pictures the size 0 is rigid sucking in whatever stomach she thinks she has and is not smiling, the 18 is smiling and looking comfortable. Give me size 18 anytime over 0.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #65  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Yup, this is one reason I've been making my own clothes for ages. I get better fit, better choice, and the measurements are standardized and right on the envelope! But imagine my surprise when I went to try on a size 28 (my size in patterns) and the thing fell off of me. Vanity sizing is right. Ditto when I told my girlfriend (a post-partum size 4) that I was a 28. She wanted to know ready-to-wear, which is apparently 20-22, so her mouth kinda dropped. She prides herself on being able to eyeball people's sizes. Out with that theory, huh?
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #66  

I've always noticed that about pattern sizing. When I was younger, my Mom made lots of bridesmaids dresses and whatnot. There was always a tiff because the woman who measured at a size 18 would refuse to buy the pattern sized for her. She wanted a 12. If it was for a large party, my Mom would use a larger-sized ladies pattern and the dress would fit perfectly. There were quite a few women who had to buy larger sizes after trying on the top half of the dress. One lady never came back until her dress was finished and it was woefully tight on her. She spent that entire wedding miserable in her tight dress and too-small foundation garments.
joyebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #67  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Besides the double 0 size pants, I'm also hating the XXS shirts. I deliberately laid out an outfit at American Eagle a few days ago w/ 00 jeans and an XXS shirt and I can tell you that I couldn't fit into that outfit when I was in the 6th grade. It's so depressing that those are actual sizes.

It's like "Hey just in case the XS is way too big here's the XXS". It makes me absolutely sick.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

It's hard enough to know what size you are, but even worse when you're losing weight and your body is changing! In Coast in the UK, a size 8 dress looked too baggy on me, in Karen Millen a size 10 barely fit. Then in Primark I've worn PJ bottoms which were a size 18, even though I was barely a size 14. My current pair are also from there and they're an 8-10 and falling off my hips, but I don't think that Primark makes clothes for human beings. Their sizes are always wrong!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jademarlene View Post
In the pictures the size 0 is rigid sucking in whatever stomach she thinks she has and is not smiling, the 18 is smiling and looking comfortable. Give me size 18 anytime over 0.
AGREE!!!! I like being plus sized. I don't want to be 'thin' or even 'normal' because I think a little weight on a woman is a very attractive thing. However, my main goal is to be comfortable and healthy.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #70  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I guess its different in New Zealand.
Most sizing starts at 6 and goes to well it depends on the store. Most "fashionable" shops will go up to 16-18 whereas most other shops can go up to 26 - 36.

Gosh I get upset when I see a size 6 so I cant even imagine what seeing a size 00 does to a plus size girl!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #71  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

My cousin is a dancer and VERY small. She's not anorexic or anything like that she's just lean and muscular. She wears a 00 and XXS. I still remember her brother holding up a pair of jeans once while we were all at my grandfather's house and gasping. "WTH?!!! 00 isn't even a size??? are you invisible?" We had this huge conversation about how women's clothing sizes are stupid. I totally agree and the sizing variances make it all the harder.

I must say that I have the same problems with clothing for my kids. Depending on the brand and cut my 2 year old can wear anything from a 12mos to 4t and my 5 year old can wear anything from a 4 to a 7. It's annoying that everyone can't just get on the same page! Surely they're not using vanity sizing for toddler clothing!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'0

haha my FH hates it too when he looks at my closet he's totally confused! I love chicos! With their "special sizing" i'm a size 1 or 1.5 hahaha but they cost too much maybe when I hit my goal I'll be a chicos size 0 and will award myself a shopping spree!
Pandabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Here's one for you; I saved a pair of awesome LEI pants from the mid-90s when I was in high-school that I wore until the late 90s when I had my first son. They are a size 13. I just held them up to a pair of sz 9 Union Bay jeans that are too tight on my brother's 140 lb 5'4" girlfriend and the waist diameter is the same!!!! I mean exactly. This girl usually wears around a 6/8, the UB jeans were oddly small compared to most of her other jeans. Those 13s were loose on me and rode on my hips when I was about 170 lbs. I've always carried a lot of muscle.... but wow.

And how can a 13 be the same as a small sz 9 now?

I'm holding onto those pants hoping I can get back into them some day. After having kids though I'm not sure my belly/waist will go back down. My legs are looking great but man do I have a mom gut & hips issue going on.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #74  

Height: 5'9

You'd have to be extremely petite ( small height wise) to fit into a 00 with a halfway healthy weight. My daughter wore a size 0 at 5'2 and 105 pounds. But she's 13 !
Leonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 245/245/165

Height: 5' 6"

I've seen those before. Just insane.
RobertsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote