Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

Default The Avenue - tall jeans!

I normally don't shop at the Avenue because there's nothing there that I like. Well, I went in there with a friend the other day and found some tall bootcut jeans in dark blue and black. I have been searching forever for tall bootcut jeans since my WalMart stopped selling darker colors in the style I liked there.

The best part was that they were on sale for $20 a pair. The other best part is that they are a size smaller than I normally wear. I think it might just be vanity sizing. The rigid pair are a little tight, but I need that if I plan on losing. The stretchy pair are soooo comfortable.

I also bought some socks because they sell them in shoe size 10-13, and some normal socks don't fit my huge feet. I tried on a bunch of their Cloudwalkers too, but I didn't fall in love with any of the styles. They had at least 15 pairs of 12W though, which is amazing.

I need to shop there more often. Even if I don't like any of their tops, at least I can get the other stuff I need.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm short so I understand your interest in tall jeans as I'm always looking for short jeans. I will say something though and that is that I will never shop Avenue ever. I do find their quality of clothes to be very low. I've found that their pants threading tends to come loose. I also don't care for their tops much either. If someone is losing weight fast, Avenue may be an option because I think their clothes are more throw away clothes than items that will last more than a few wearings. I also think their quality has gotten worse over the years somehow.

I do hope those jeans do last you though but I just wanted to let you (and others) know my experience.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I recently starting shopping Avenue again, found one near work. I love it, I get there emails which often include discount coupons. I thnk I gave them my email address when I reopened my charge account with them.

Have fun shopping
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I love the Avenue. I shop there almost exclusively and have never had a problem with their clothes. As a shorty, I just ordered the petite boot cut jeans and they are so comfortable.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #5  
Just Me

Maybe I've just have had bad luck with Avenue... I forgot to mention that I've bought multiple types of items there. Bras/panties which started to unravel within a few months of buying them. (Not only the hem, but the cup of the bra literally become unraveled) Shoes where the soles or heels fell off. Pants where the crotch/hem/zipper/other seams started coming unraveled. I've had few problems with the shirts other than some times the stitching came loose but notice they got worn quickly. They have really good coupons and sales which is why I used to shop there but as I've lost weight, my options have become better so I don't go near them anymore.

On the other hand, I've had similar items from Lane Bryant where I never ever had an issue and i wore the items for years rather than stuff from Avenue which lasted only months. Although Lane Bryant is starting to become a little stingy with their coupons when you go in the store these days, but they still do have some good deals.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Okay, you got me on the panties. I forgot that it why I don't bother buying them anymore. Those suckers don't last at all. I wore mine once and they were unwearable.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #7  
Releasing the inner hiker

Odd to find this thread, as I just recently (within the last 3 months) purchased some Avenue clothes for the first time. The second time I wore the petite stretch jeans, I got a hole in one of the back pockets and the other back pocket became unthreaded. I thought I purchased a bad pair, but maybe it is their general quality?

On the other hand, I also purchased some "slimming" silky tank tops that I wear under all my outfits. I've worn them all many, many times and have had no real problems with them, other than some minor pilling.

I was thinking about another pair of jeans, as these are really, really comfortable. Does anyone know if Lane Bryant's jeans comparable to the Avenue's?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #8  
rethinking myself...

Uh oh... I hope I'm not in trouble!

One pair of my Avenue jeans are "Lite Denim" or something like that... very lightweight stretchy denim. I can definitely see these getting a hole easily, but we'll see. So far so good.

The other pair are rigid bootcut, and from what I can tell they are very similar to LB's rigid bootcut.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 AM   #9  
rethinking myself...

The t-shirts and tanks I bought at Target have come unraveled at the hem. I haven't had too much trouble with other clothes. I guess I'm just not that "trendy". I don't find a lot of the tops at Avenue or LB attractive.

The worst problem I ever had was multiple pairs of L.L. Bean jeans ripping at the crotch near the zipper. That was such a weird problem. The zipper teeth also used to rip out and I'd end up having to struggle to zip my jeans. They always felt like they fit ok, but maybe there was too much strain in one area of the zipper which made it tear and lose teeth.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #10  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

To me Lane Bryant has better quality across the board, but the prices (at least in NY) are kinda high. Also I've never been able to find the Lane Bryant jeans in stretch. I only buy jeans and dress pants at Avenue (also the occasional shirt). I have J-lo botty x4 or maybe 5 and their jeans I can get in without feeling like I need to stop breathing to move. The pants are the same and with all the coupons they flood my email with it makes it worth it for the lower quality.

I actually have about 4 pairs of Lane Bryant jeans in a 24 that are part of my goal to get into.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #11  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymuse View Post
The t-shirts and tanks I bought at Target have come unraveled at the hem. I haven't had too much trouble with other clothes. I guess I'm just not that "trendy". I don't find a lot of the tops at Avenue or LB attractive.
Lane Bryant has gotten a lot worse over the years with its style of clothes. I buy my work shirts there as well as my casual shirts there but I have a hard time finding casual/dressy shirts there that I like. I have a lot of various color tshirts from LB that I love as well as the button up shirts I wear to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
To me Lane Bryant has better quality across the board, but the prices (at least in NY) are kinda high. Also I've never been able to find the Lane Bryant jeans in stretch.
That is kind of funny because I thought all LB jeans were stretch. I have a major booty too and non stretch jeans just don't cut it. I think I have 1 pair of nonstretch jeans and they kind of look weird on me. Also, I highly agree with Lane Bryant high prices although I only buy stuff with coupons/on sale from them.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #12  
rethinking myself...

The last time I was at Lane Bryant (which was around 12/20) they had rigid bootcut and stretch bootcut. I tried them both on. I didn't buy any because I don't really want to buy expensive stuff while I'm losing. I stopped buying their jeans in the early 00's because suddenly the knees became too tight, and I don't think it was ME!

I will go and get some dressy pants there if I ever get a job! I'll just have to get the sales people to help me find tall. I hate digging around and being constantly disappointed - cute... nope... no tall.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #13  
rethinking myself...

Alice - I don't know if your question was about price, quality, or fit... the Avenue jeans I got run larger than the LB I tried on in early December. But of course there's stretch and not stretch and style to consider.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm 5'10" and mostly leg. Its hard to find tall jeans in my size ANYWHERE.

I get all of my tall jeans at Roamans.com. I've never had a problem with the quality of them and they are usually pretty cheap. Once in a while I can get a pair at the Avenue but like most of you, I don't care for their clothes. Their shirts are made for the shorter wider person instead of the taller longer one.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:21 AM   #15  
jgr

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymuse View Post
I normally don't shop at the Avenue because there's nothing there that I like. Well, I went in there with a friend the other day and found some tall bootcut jeans in dark blue and black.
Thank you sooooooooo much for posting this. Stopped in today and found two pair I really like that fit well... and paid less then $40 for the two of them. And (gasp) (shock of shocks) they are long enough for my 34" inseam legs.

Even if they don't last very long -- geez, for less than $20 a pair, it's still a good deal.

Last edited by jgr; 01-18-2007 at 01:27 AM.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote