Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #16  

Hello Maintainers! I'm excited to let you all know that I'm expecting a new addition to our family in November! I just found out and although we're waiting a few weeks before we tell our friends/family, I am going to burst if I don't tell someone!!! So exciting. Now I must keep my nutrition in check, last pregnancy I gained 60 pounds and it took 3 years to lose the extra weight. I know I can do it, I'm going to work as hard as I can to eliminate sugar/trigger foods, it's the only way I can survive.

How is everyone doing? Anne, how are things going for you? Meg, how is the shoulder?
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #17  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Anne! Congratulations to you both. You are so bubbly with excitement - it's lovely!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #18  
Meg

Congratulations, Anne! What wonderful news!

Eating healthy during your pregnancy is a gift to both yourself and the baby. If you need help or motivation, all the cyber aunties here will be glad to help you out.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #19  
Mel

Congratulations Anne! I have to fess up to having had a sixty pound pregnancy too, with my first. The second, at nineteen pounds, was a LOT easier to deal with.

CONGRATULATIONS!
CONGRATULATIONS!

(just covering all the bases )

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:07 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Anne, CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. Take great care of yourself.

wunderAnne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #21  

Mel, wow, only 19 pounds. That gives me hope, not that I'll restrict calories, but I do need to watch myself as last time I was pregnant I just acted like it was reason to eat for 10. I bought a food journal to track what I'm eating and I've been working really hard to cut out sugar, and that REALLY helps. I'm definitely an all or nothing person, as soon as I have a bite of something sinful it's just not enough and before I know it, I've eaten the whole bag, batch, package whatever...I don't want that to happen while I'm pregnant, I want to be healthy.

It's COLD here in NH today, it was below 0 when I got up this morning, now it has warmed up to 5. How is everyone else doing? Let us know!
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #22  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Congratulations Anne!

I just found out I'm going to be an auntie. Everywhere I look there are pregnant ladies!
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #23  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Congratulations!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #24  

Best wishes to you! I really liked bean burritos, deviled eggs and salads with fresh spinach and walnuts when i was pregnant. All good protein. Plus baked potatoes with ff sour cream and a lot of salsa. I stopped diet soda and tried to eat nuts frequently as a source of good fat (this was before people really wrote much about monounsaturated fats--my youngest child is 8 and nutrition knowledge has come a long way).

Take it easy and enjoy!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote