Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #1  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Cool New Here, Looking For A Buddy

Hey, all!

My name is Sarah Jane, and while I'm not new to 3FC, I'm new to the maintenance boards. I'm 17 and entering college at Johns Hopkins University in the fall. I have lost 55 pounds, and to sum up my weight loss journey in a nutshell: I hit my high weight in the spring of my freshman year of high school (180 pounds on my then 5'4" frame). After many years of struggles with depression and countless different weight loss programs, I lost the weight once and for all with Weight Watchers. My goal weight is 125 pounds (on my now 5'5" frame), but I maintain within a 5-pound range by loosely following the WW Maintenance plan (which allows for 5 POINTS more per day... I just diet most days, and then treat myself to a diet-less dinner once or twice a week). So my current weight of 127.4 is within that range, and I reached my goal weight for the first time the day of my senior prom (May 13, 2005). Maintenance has been a challenge for me, and the prospect of gaining the "freshman 15" is daunting, but I feel that I am ready to make healthy decisions in school just as I do now at home.

In any case, I look forward to meeting all of you through this message board, and if anyone is interested in talking with me directly or would like a maintenance buddy please post here and let me know. I'd love to talk on AIM or on the phone, if anyone is up for it.

Thanks!
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #2  
Mel

Hi Sarah Jane Welcome to the world of Maintenance and Congratulations! Meeting your goal on Prom day must have been extra special

From the sounds of it, you've already learned that maintenance doesn't look a whole lot different from your "diet" lifestyle. It's just a continuation of healthy choices and more exercise. Keeping that in mind, the "freshman 15" shouldn't jump onto you: you're already armed with the knowledge and good habits to keep them at bay. Plus, Johns Hopkins is an urban WALKING campus! You may be faced with food service meals (I bet you can make good choices there, too) but you are going to be walking alot

Stick around and let us know how maintenance and college are going for you

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote