Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-17-2005, 07:18 AM   #31  

Glad to see you rabbit, how was the vaca.
How are you doing! We missed you.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #32  

Very quite week around here. Hope everyone is having fun.
End of summer is sneaking up on all of us so its time to do the things we dream of doing during the winter. For me that means squeezing in some beach time, as well as a round of golf. Need to reinforce some exercise goals. Morning is the best time for me and I need to make it a priority.
Take care & Pop in.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #33  

Hi,

Yep, it is quiet here. I am off the track with my exercise - after triathlon I haven't been to the gym at all - decided to take week off I guess, just beeing lazy.

Actually, beeing busy that's it. My old clunker Toyota wagon with 364000km on it started to leak ALL the fluids a week ago and sometimes just stopped on the road. Like not moving forward. So i decided - what the heck, I am driving all my kids to their activities in this old junk, but I really do not like the car my hubby driving - it is way too big for me and I am not coomfortable driving it, even though he always offered me to switch my clunker for his shiny almost new car. I just could imgagine him driving on the highway with 60 km/hour and occasional stops So this week i was busy picking my new shiny car... I am not sure how are we going to manage payments, but here it goes - I (and mostly bank) own it now So that's what I was doing the whole week, as well as forgetting my bike and DRIVING TO WORK

I still hope to bike next week - I guess 1 week rest after triathlon is enough and here it goes... I did my triathlon in 1 hour 53 minutes - even better than I expected

Hope to hear some news (of course if I ever get out of my new car to do anything useful). The wisdom is - the longer you drive a piece of junk, the more you appreciate your new car

Cheers,
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #34  
Ilene the Bean

Sandy -- 1 hour 53 minutes that's awesome time... You deserve a week of rest enjoy it, you are NOT lazy... I've read somewhere that you should take a break after an stressful competition like that... Enjoy
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:19 PM   #35  
Mel

Sandy- Congratulations on the TRI and the new car! You got a lot of miles out of that car...I was the one driving my dh's Toytota with 140K miles on it when all the fluids started erupting, so of course, I killed the car! He thought it would go another 100K miles. My theory is once you let the orange foamy stuff out of the engine, it never works again

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #36  

Hi Everyone--I had a very exciting July (son's Bar Mitzvah and a family trip to Toronto); August has been hot, humid and stressful. My daughter (age 8) is in day camp and loves it, but my son is hanging around bored and driving me crazy. Plus I won't be teaching this fall (was teaching middle school half-time last year) and I have very mixed feelings about not working.

The good news is that I am not using food to deal with the stress. I am occasionally exercising--not as much as I would like but I can increase it once the kids are back in school. Tomorrow is a workout day, so that will feel good.

Have a good week, all.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #37  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Respect!

Sashenka - congratulations on the mountain biking and the triathlon and your photos are great!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #38  
Running Babe

Hi all,

I am having a terrific summer! I have found out that I am in terrific health after being under the threat of surgery for the past six months (I don't even have anemia anymore); my basement is recovered now from the flood we had in April; I am happily training for a half-marathon with my FH; and now we're probably going to go and get married this fall instead of in 2007 wooohooooo (and making the wedding ceremony tiny which suits me just fine)!!!

My goals right now is trying to drink more water and less soft drinks (I am a diet coke addict)... so it's slow oing, but I am working at it.

My nutrition has been great too! Lots of good wholesome carbs, good fat and lean protien yummy! The way I am eating is just so sustainable too, not a diet, just a great lifestyle... I do attend WW,, but that's what got me to goal in the first place. The running and hill training have made my legs super-defined... I gotta kick my rear into more weight training though.

All in all, a great summer!!

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys,

Had a bout of pre-term labor, which got stopped at the hospital before anything too drastric happened, but don't know what's happening next. Just wanted to let you guys know in case I disappear for a bit. At this point in the pregnancy everything would be OK even if she comes right now, but it'd be better for all concerned if she cooks just a bit longer. I'll post when I get a chance.

Tip of the day: do not weigh yourself soon after coming off an IV! I guess, duh, but some days I just ain't 'tall that bright.

Belated congrats on the tri Sandy! Awesome job.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Anne! I just thought of you yesterday! You have been missing! I'm so glad everything is fine. Rest, relax .... cook that baby just a wee bit longer. And keep us posted!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:57 AM   #41  
Meg

Anne! that your little stays put just a little while longer!

at weighing yourself after having an IV. Geez, and here I thought you were the most sensible one of the bunch of us. I gained at least ten pounds when I had surgery and IVs -- it will be gone soon enough. Just rest and put your feet up and take it easy, Mom to Be!

Ali -- your post just made my day! How upbeat and positive you sound! And a fall wedding -- how exciting! Do you have your dress yet?

As for me, life's been pretty much work. I have too many clients, if you can believe it, and haven't had a day off in weeks. Four appointments yesterday and five today I've resolved two things this week: I'm going to take off one day a week AND I have to start scheduling in my exercise because it's been pushed aside too often recently.

I have a little break in the action coming up -- DS is graduating on Friday from sound engineering school and DH and I are flying down to Orlando for Labor Day weekend. So maybe a few days in the sun, admidst discussions about 'so what are you going to DO now?' He's getting an associate's degree and I'd like him to stay on and get his Entertainment Business BS and be done with school. But this is a child who is impossible to influence, so we just tend to sit back and see what develops.

Can't type any more -- I hurt my shoulder working out a few days ago and it's getting cranky. So to all of you!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #42  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sweater Girl: your post really lifted me too. You are motoring!

Anne: hope the baby decides to take her time. There's no big hurry, after all! And I hope you can rest and relax a bit.

Now, Meg!

Quote:
Geez, and here I thought you were the most sensible one of the bunch of us.
but, what do I hear you say? That you

Quote:
haven't had a day off in weeks.
That's just not good enough, madam! You are not a machine! So make sure you enjoy those days in the sun.

50 tomorrow and a whole new decade opens up before me. So I am reading a book called Fantastic Voyage about how to live forever. As the blurb says: 'From the self-evidently sensible (take plenty of exercise) to the truly mind-boggling (reduce biological ageing by the injection of nanobots), it lays out our paths into the future with plenty of practical recommendations for age-deferring in the present.' I rather like these crazy health books.

It's very autumnal here.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #43  
Meg

Happy birthday, dear Silverbirch! Mel and I can personally attest that there IS life after 50. Right, Mel?

PS -- I hear you ... you're a very wise woman re your advice to me. Came home from a six hour stint at the gym this afternoon and ate way too much and I know it's tiredness, not hunger. (I also gave away my packet of emergency protein shake mix to a client so was left high and dry when I was starving, with predictable results) I promise that I'll take one day off a week (OK, after I make it through this week).
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Happy Birthday Silver
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #45  

Hi,
Anne - cook this baby for a little bit more. My third one wanted to get out earlier and I had to be on bed rest for awhile, so I know how you feel. Trust me, they babies need their mommies, and as long as they can stay inside, let them stay After all, it is not forever - ha-ha!

Meg - I am surprized that you do not let yourself to take days off . Sometimes we forget BUT we need those days off - trust me! Hope graduation trip will do you good!

Silver - happy birthday !

Sweater Girl - you message is so positive , it is nice to read it on crappy Monday morning - thianks!

I am glad to announce that I am still sticking to 20 -30 min cardio first thing in the morning . Unfortunately no amount of cardio compensates a bag of chocolate candies, so scale is where it was before, but I tell myself it could be worse. This weekend was very intense - company party, rafting trip and agility performance... Also news that FIL is very bad and highly likely is gravely ill with cancer. So hubby was nervous that he can not leave soon as there are no tickets available this week, which resulted in arguing and i ate a bag of candies (thanks God it was only sandwich size zip lock bag, nevertheless I thought I am past binging). However I have to admit it helped me thru the first part of agility parformance , as I felt like I am drunk but my dog was miraculously good Anyways, second show was MUCH better (or chocolate "high" worn off?) - we DID it! So now i am beat - biceps and back hurts after 5 hours of white water rafting, and I have blisters after wearing high heels for the first time in ages for the Friday party!

Cheers,
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote