Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Default Dodgeball-the Movie

I saw the movie Dodgeball two weeks ago - LOVED IT! They had this one scene in it that made me think of Meg. In the movie, Stiller was an physically fit gym owner that used to be very obese. One of the exercises that he would do to help himself maintain his weight loss and fitness drive was to put a doughnut on a plate and then attach jumper cables to his chest. He would talk to the doughnut about how tempting it was, how it would taste, etc. and then when he gave in and touched it, the cables would shock the crap out of him.

No, Meg, I do NOT think you torture yourself like that but the phrase you used, "staring down Krispy Kremes" when you were on your roadtrip, came to mind at that part of the movie. Today I have been "staring down" a counter full of goodies right by my desk and they are still there but I haven't eaten any of them. Instead I have eaten carrots, water packed tuna, grilled chicken and brocolli and water. I do NOT want to have to record that I ate doughnuts so I am thinking of Stiller and of you too Meg. If you can do it, without electric shock therapy, then so can I.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- you are too funny!! Keep up the great work at keeping away from those goodies... I'm right with you... no goodies pass these lips today...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #3  
Meg

Actually, that might not be a bad idea ... got me some jumper cables down in the garage ...

Too funny, Tiki -- I haven't seen the movie but can just picture that scene! Congratulations on staring down the goodies. In my WW meetings, one of the oldie but goodie sayings was: "I'm come too far to take orders from a cookie (or fill in the blank for whatever the goodies are)". You've come way too far to take orders from junk food! And when all else fails, do what I do -- swear at them. Seriously. I once told the KKs to f*** themselves, out loud, in my grocery store.

I'm proud of you, chickie!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:11 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

OMG Meg I do that too!! We are never alone it seems in what we think. We just have to talk about it to find those things out... I've learned a lot about myself talking here at 3FC...
Old 07-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #5  
Meg

I always knew we were sistahs! Some day we'll have to meet and go swear at donuts together!!

Old 07-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #6  
Head Princess

And I thought I was the only one who swore at food! I should have known better.......
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I cursed out Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal last night and instead ate lean ground turkey with taco seasonings. It was enlightening. However, I think I may have hurt the Captain's feelings. We used to be such good friends.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #8  
Head Princess

LOL - It's ok. Marie Callendar and I are no longer even on speaking terms.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LOL! Star, I used to love Marie! One of our favorite places to go for brunch. Now she's living on the other coast.

I have such a mental image of Mel and Lanaii in the grocery store, cussing a blue streak at the bakery display! Perfect! I would so love to join you in that...right now I just stick to the edge of the grocery store to stay as far away from temptation as possible!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 PM   #10  
Meg

Hey Laurie -- you're welcome to come donut swearing any time! Or we can go yell obscenities at any other food group you have a grudge against (Ben and Jerry come to my mind -- are they a food group? ) Here's the problem with my grocery store -- they stuck the Krispy Kremes on a table in the center of the dairy aisle, so there's no avoiding the little s. Which is why I had to resort to swearing at them on my way to the cottage cheese and eggs. Clever marketing ploy, eh? My store also parks a table of bakery cookies right in front of the cash registers, just in case you missed the Bakery Department.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

OMG I just had visuals of Meg and I and a bunch of 3FCers in a grocery store... making this face to the various unmentionable "food groups" in the grocery store....Gawd we can be a little sometimes...

I this site....