Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

I haven't had TV in my house for years. I don't miss the mainstream media. I have a TV for games and movies. Mabey that helped me not be too concerned about the election. I believe the choices are two wings in the same bird....
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #32  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No television here either.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #33  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Evening Everyone Today is my Friday We get Veterans day off from my job.

Thanks for the welcome

Allison I'm so sorry about your double whammy yesterday. My parents owned several properties and an apartment building when I was young. They were sued by some tenants of theirs, it was a mess, but it all worked out in the end. I'm praying that your situation will end fast and fair Is the dog in the avatar your baby? I love dogs

Dagmar Thanks for the welcome. We are practically neighbors.

Michele I really want to try Bikram, I'm a little nervous though lol. I don't know if I will able to stand the heat. I'm trying to talk one of cousins in to going with me. When I go, I'll let you know what I think

Raven I'm thinking of giving up my cable. I don't really watch a whole lot of tv, basically 3-4 channels and the kids could care less lol

Have a great night everyone I'll be back tomorrow in the am

Last edited by lovemylife001; 11-10-2016 at 07:29 PM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Not so surprising that whenever I feel anxious, stressed and threatened my father shows up in my dreams. He evoked all those feelings in me just about every day.

But lately I've been winning against him in the dreams, not letting him bully and harass me and waking into a panic.

So thank you Hillary Clinton. You inspire me to fight against all the bullies that threaten me again and again in life.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #35  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I like television. I have seen great shows on television. I loved "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul." I am strangely fascinated by "The Walking Dead." There was a really good thoughtful documentary, "O.J: Made in America," that I was delighted to see. I will always stop what I'm doing and watch for a while if PBS re-runs Ken Burns' "The Civil War." And there are other things, too, that I find diverting. I don't want to get rid of TV, ever, because I don't quite want to set myself that far apart from the mainstream.

Just now, I don't want to watch the news, that's all.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

lovemylife The dog in my avatar is Chico. He was my "heart" dog. He died too young, complications from cancer. We also have Misty--another black lab and Bogey, a black "sheprador" (lab/shepherd mix). They're great dogs but pale in comparison to Chico.

Dagmar What has been bothering me the most these days are the real life bullies that have been out in force since the election. I'm hearing way too many white males shouting at women and minorities who are doing nothing but normal things. It's really sad and I really doubt Trump will say anything to them (as a whole) that it isn't appropriate behavior.

saef Another Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fan! Last night, we were watching Criminal Minds (we DVR everything and watch a day or so later). In the opening scene, they rang a doorbell. It was a Ring doorbell (we also have that doorbell). All the animals freaked. The cats ran under our bed and never came back out and the dogs sat at the front door for half an hour waiting to see who was there.

Last edited by alinnell; 11-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

I like some TV shows too, I just see them late. Well today isn't looking good for maintaining for me. Yesterday I did a 30 min about workout DVD... Then started cramping. I think mabey that's effecting my weight and I should give myself a couple days.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #38  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Evening Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great TGIF I had a nice and relaxing day. I raked some leaves and did somethings around my house. I also took my dog on two walks, she was over the moon lol

Allison I lost my dog Misty two years ago. She was diabetic and blind. She finally died 3 years after being diagnosed with diabetes. I got my dog Hazel in February who is my Avatar. She's a great dog but Misty is still my heart. I also agree with you about the bullying that's going on now, it really scares me. I just pray for my family and children.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Evening Everyone Today is my Friday We get Veterans day off from my job.

Thanks for the welcome

Allison I'm so sorry about your double whammy yesterday. My parents owned several properties and an apartment building when I was young. They were sued by some tenants of theirs, it was a mess, but it all worked out in the end. I'm praying that your situation will end fast and fair Is the dog in the avatar your baby? I love dogs

Dagmar Thanks for the welcome. We are practically neighbors.

Michele I really want to try Bikram, I'm a little nervous though lol. I don't know if I will able to stand the heat. I'm trying to talk one of cousins in to going with me. When I go, I'll let you know what I think

Raven I'm thinking of giving up my cable. I don't really watch a whole lot of tv, basically 3-4 channels and the kids could care less lol

Have a great night everyone I'll be back tomorrow in the am
There are always beginners in bikram. Just start off in the back row, bring plenty of water, and take breaks if you need to. It takes a few classes to get used to the heat and humidity. I've been doing it for over 5 years and I've seen so many positive changes, it's amazing.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:47 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I don't watch a lot of TV but I do like to have an hour of "down" time in the evening before bed. I can't physically sit therefor hours like DH does but I do enjoy my hour.

Lately we've been veering away from mainstream TV - reality TV is IMO a bunch of junk - and watching series on Netflix. It helps with the continuity to watch an epi every night. I tend to forget what happens from week to week if we watch as shows are aired.

"Breaking Bad", "Saul", "The Good Wife" (for me) and "Walking Dead" are/were all favorites of ours as well.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #41  

Um *timidly waves hello*

My name is Megan and I recently hit my goal weight....then promptly went on a binge eating two weeks. Now I've gotten myself back under control and am losing the weight I gained during that time.
May I join this group? I've read that maintaining is the hardest part of losing weight and I'd love some support from those that have done this
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #42  
in development

Of course you may join, Megan! And we're very pleased to have you.

Some of us are very good at maintaining and others are ... less good.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #43  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Megan - hi and congrats!!! I've "seen" you around 3FC the last few years. Welcome!!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Of course you may join, Megan! And we're very pleased to have you.

Some of us are very good at maintaining and others are ... less good.
Thank you
I'm disappointed in myself because this (the "oh, one cupcake won't hurt" mentality is how I regained the 80+ pounds I lost the FIRST time I did this!) is happening again.

But this time, I slammed the brakes on. I read somewhere that maintainers should have a "no" weight--the weight that you refuse to go over and that's 10 pounds above my goal weight, so 155 pounds.

I'm not going to regain 111 pounds after I just lost it, you know?

Last edited by dietcherrycoke; 11-13-2016 at 10:56 AM.
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #45  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcherrycoke View Post

I'm not going to regain 111 pounds after I just lost it, you know?
Quite right! (And that's a fantastic loss. Congrats!)