Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

We've been having an awesome early spring here in the Pacific Northwest. We will, however , pay our dues when wildfire season hits. I'm enjoying all the early blooming trees and flowers. Daffodils in January!

I'm in a cozy VRBO studio apartment in Victoria BC right now. We spent 8 hours wandering around the town. Tomorrow will find us hiking some of the great trails on the island. I plan to get some Tim Horton's coffee tomorrow after hearing so much about it. Dagmar, I just love your country. Someday I hope to get farther east. The farthest I've been was somewhere in Alberta many years ago.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 AM   #32  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

DD, I have a desktop too for work but I'm out and about so much that I have to keep in touch via a mobile phone. (Also laptop for home or when I'm away.)

I have to rant a bit more about the mobile version of 3FC. Note, there hasn't been one before so 3FC is rather a long way behind the curve here. But what it had did function fairly well.

To me, this new mobile version hasn't been designed with the needs of the end user in mind. In fact, did they discuss requirements at any length at all? This version takes more clicks to get where you're going, and if you don't know where you're going then it's a slow journey into who knows where.

And then what we call in my household 'the colouring in', aka the GUI, the graphical user interface. The front end is reminiscent of a fruit machine (slot machine), the colours are wrong, it is ugly. All of which emphasise the clunkiness of the whole thing.

I shan't be using it and I've deleted the bookmark to 3FC on my phone. I feel let down by 3FC. This is not a good thing for your brand.

Bill, do you have any light to shed on this strange and bad development? Please feel free to pass on my comments.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm reposting this in the correct week.

Saw the Jean Michel Basquiat exhibit yesterday. Interesting stuff mixed with some "filler" aka caca IMHO. Lots to look at in most of his big "paintings". The guy could really draw as seen in some small very detailed pencil works that never make it into the brochures.

Since he was a graffiti tagger originally that was very much on my mind and I viewed the pieces in that light. The crown that appears in a lot if his work is a reference to a certain type of tagger which is explained at the exhibit.

I will go back and take a second look if I get a chance.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote