Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #61  

I'm glad for my Boston family that they are OK. Surreal week, to be sure. I drop my jaw in admiration of the marathon runners who, after running 26+ miles, continued to run another two miles to a hospital to give blood!!!!! We can all get caught in pettiness and the day-to-day stresses of life, myself included, and we can all be proud of how we come together and see what is really important when we really need each other.
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohr View Post
I'm glad for my Boston family that they are OK. Surreal week, to be sure. I drop my jaw in admiration of the marathon runners who, after running 26+ miles, continued to run another two miles to a hospital to give blood!!!!! We can all get caught in pettiness and the day-to-day stresses of life, myself included, and we can all be proud of how we come together and see what is really important when we really need each other.
Amen !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #63  
Warrior Princess

I was glued to the tv last night too. For the first time in my life I really no longer feel safe in America. It may be over for these two but something will eventually happen again somewhere, it's just an unfortunate reality.

In other news: I own skinny jeans!!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #64  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Unfortunately, I was so riveted by the manhunt and the capture that I didn't get a piece of writing done overnight and the analyst in Dublin was rightly annoyed this morning.

That kid has to be the least hard-bitten criminal I've ever seen on a "Wanted" poster. That is sooo NOT what I'd pictured a terrorist to look like. In fact, if you removed the context of the poster & online photos and asked me to guess who or what he was, and what he did, I'd guess him as a singer/dancer in a boy band that targets tween girls.

What the heck happened here?

Why did they stay in town?

And why did they suddenly snap, go berserk, shoot a guy and carjack another person?

And no, I don't feel safe, because they seem like a relative pair of amateurs, one maybe even a half-hearted copycat, and yet they managed to harden themselves & do this.

The story will be reconstructed soon, I hope.

Last edited by saef; 04-20-2013 at 12:31 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have a hunch that younger brother was strongly influenced be older brother. He is responsible for his actions of course but I do believe older brother was the leader.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote