Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #46  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Jessica, great news from the doctor. And good luck finding clothes. Have you tried Ebay?

Allison, I'm glad Culley is settling in. I used to move every few years and my cats hated it, but they always adjusted in a few days. And I've recently started making my old cat sleep in the bathroom at night so she doesn't wake me up and she now goes in there on her own when I head to bed. Cats don't need a whole lot of space to be comfortable.

Dagmar, I like your plans, both for your house and the trip to Africa. I just paid off my mortgage (I have a small house in a bad neighborhood, so it wasn't much to begin with) and it's nice to not have that obligation and monthly expense.

I had another good day. I made appointments with an orthopedic group and with a therapist, both for next week. My eating has been under control and I'm about to get on the bike. And, good news at work - we may be picking up another 1700 square feet of space so we can move the big admin team out of the kitchen, yay! I'm still hoping to find another job but, until I do, I'd like a desk big enough so that I can open the drawer without backing up.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up It's March!

It's March! Time for me to get off the stress eating bus and recommit to getting below 135 again. I am currently 137.8 lbs. but it's "real" weight, not bloat or salt related or anything. So at least 2.8 lbs. of lard are coming off this month.

I have realized that my body is most comfortable around 135 lbs., even though I've stated my goal weight as 130. But I will now strive to get below and stay well below 135. I think a weekly average of 132-133 will be my "sweet spot".

So my real goal weight will be a limited range, rather than a specific number.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #48  

Default Oops! Help!

I didn't change anything except my weight numbers and my tag line but messed up my ticker. Any ideas?

Dagmar
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #49  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yay for the passage of February - I'm ready to think that life can exist on this planet again.

My walking is good; my snacking is not staying on plan. Wish I would remember that snacking doesn't cure tension.

Dagmag - I fixed a typo in the HTML of your signature - hope that's the results you wanted.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #50  

Thank you Bill!

Dagmar
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #51  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I have been down with a stomach virus all week, and have lost almost six pounds in the process. Too bad I can't seem to do it any other way.

Anyway, I had my annual yesterday and at one point the doctor said something like "you need to make sure to get enough calcium because a thin person like you has to worry about osteoporosis down the road."

I think I did a double take; this is not how I see myself at all but she has never known me as an overweight person.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #52  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Hey, all! I don't usually post in the chat because y'all move too fast and I can't keep up. But this seemed the most appropriate place to ask an off-topic question that I've been idly wondering since I returned to 3FC a couple of weeks ago: What happened to kaplods? I always appreciated her thoughtful, well-written posts. I know she wasn't a regular in the maintainer forums but maybe someone here knows something?

Have a good Friday, everyone!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #53  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm from the WW forum and am so glad to have found a maintenance forum. I've only been at it for a couple weeks and still trying to find my happy balance of food and exercise to stay where I am
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post
Hey, all! I don't usually post in the chat because y'all move too fast and I can't keep up. But this seemed the most appropriate place to ask an off-topic question that I've been idly wondering since I returned to 3FC a couple of weeks ago: What happened to kaplods? I always appreciated her thoughtful, well-written posts. I know she wasn't a regular in the maintainer forums but maybe someone here knows something?

kaplods is still posting , I see her around in various forums.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm from the WW forum and am so glad to have found a maintenance forum. I've only been at it for a couple weeks and still trying to find my happy balance of food and exercise to stay where I am
Tudor Rose, welcome ! Congratulations on a great loss !

Last edited by bargoo; 03-01-2013 at 08:37 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
I have been down with a stomach virus all week, and have lost almost six pounds in the process. Too bad I can't seem to do it any other way.

Anyway, I had my annual yesterday and at one point the doctor said something like "you need to make sure to get enough calcium because a thin person like you has to worry about osteoporosis down the road."

I think I did a double take; this is not how I see myself at all but she has never known me as an overweight person.
And just the other day I read an article that said calcium and vitamin D don't really help with osteoporosis when you take the supplements at our age and older. But in any case, that is a great compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post

yeah, I do think I"ve seen her posts elsewhere, but I rarely get out to other areas of the forum for lack of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
Congrats and welcome!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tudor Rose. I lost my weight with WW as well.

Ward-- I always find it very surreal when docs say comments like that to me. Many of my current docs never saw me heavy and I tell them I lost a lot of weight. They almost look like they don't believe me.

Starting off March 1 at 123. Just praying I don't start off April 1 way higher! Lower would be nice, but I'm trying not to be too greedy!

And, yes, I feel like I've been sick forever. But in actuality I had a bad cold for a couple of weeks, followed by a week or two of no sickness, and now I have a cold again (or allergies-- not really sure as everything is blooming here!). Feeling slightly better today hopefully.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #58  

Welcome Tudor Rose. I've been on maintenance for about 7 months, and my wife has been on for almost 30 years! I'm still trying to find the balance between enjoying food and maintaining, with varied success. Even Karen is STILL having the same challenge! After a bad month in February, I'm renewing my commitment and working on losing my winter weight gain starting now. I have six restaurants scheduled in twelve days (Karen went a little nuts with Restaurant Week!!). But yesterday was good. Ate perfectly all day, then enjoyed a great dinner. Not a good way to lose weight, admittedly, but my resolve during this time is, one day at a time, no sugary or otherise "illegal" snacks or treats except at these restaurant meals. After a big stumble in mid-February, I've actually done quite well the past several days now, and I can continue doing well except for these restaurants the coming week. Karen promises two weeks of no restaurants starting around March 13 and I'm holding her to it! In the meantime I am convinced I can maintain my current (somewhat high) weight even with these restaurant visits. Will keep you all honestly posted.
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome, Tudor Rose! Congrats on making it to maintenance.

Regarding the osteoporosis comment from the doctor, the "amusing" thing is that heavy people can get it, too. After carrying around 100 lbs. of additional weight, I had no idea I had osteoporosis until a routine screening at age 50. Shouldn't doctors be warning all women and not just ignoring the heavy women? It's always, however, a nice comment to be called thin by your doctor.

Been looking online at fixtures, etc., and now all the ads on every webpage are ads for fixtures, lighting and such. I feel like Big Brother is monitoring my every move online.

Last edited by Sheila53; 03-01-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm having an interesting/good day at work so far. It is PJ day to celebrate Read Across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday so I'm in my PJ's! Pretty great start. Then two of my classes didn't come due to assemblies so I'm getting caught up. Plus we are celebrating a teacher moving so there are goodies in the staffroom but I found some yummy fruit! Plus, dh is going to bring me lunch later to kick off my birthday weekend. Hooray! TGIF!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote