Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #46  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

WardHog!!! Wanna play Words with Friends? Glad to see you outside of FB - I've mothballed my account in favor of other fun stuff, temporarily. Welcome back to the battle! We're *trying* to contain the pet stuff over on the weekly chat - some days it works better than others!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see you too WardHog. I know you've still been working out.... thanks to Four Square. I'm loving Four Square. Anyone else like it?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #48  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I thought you FB people might remember me. :wink: Allison, most people our age do have older kids than mine. My daughter just turned 10 (hello, hormones!) and my son is 8.

Becky, I have gotten much better at WWF. I am not saying that I could beat you or anything ...

Michele, yes, I am working out just about every day. I have been mayor of my gym for months. I have had to stop running because of a bad hip but I have started playing tennis again (after 30+ years) and also swimming once or twice a week. I am doing weight training a couple days a week and spinning about three times. Unfortunately I am living proof that you can't exercise away a bad diet. sigh.

Thanks for the welcomes and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wednesday = 1396.9

-3158.4 Saturday
-1847.8 Sunday
-1512.9 Monday
-1396.9 Tuesday
OMG! I'm a day off!! I need to recalulate. Oh, this isn't good!

Wait, subtract Saturday, wasn't that LAST week?

-1847.8 Sunday
-1512.9 Monday
-1396.9 Tuesday
-1396.9 Wednesday
= 7242.3

Oh, I'm so lost!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #50  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Arrived home to an empty house. Yup. I went about 250 calories over mark before I got it reined in. No scale change. I have the exact same situation tonight, and I am determined to take it in the other direction.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #51  

I'm throwing in the towel for accountability this week. I'll start fresh on Sunday. I don't know where I lost it, but a day is missing...

Anyway, starting out with a great breakfast--a huge pile of egg whites with just a little cheese on top.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I started out Sept 1 with a weight of 118.2 that lasted 2 days and now I am stuck on 120.2 , can't seem to get off it. I am going to rearrange my bedroom today, maybe that will take my mind off the eternal weight battle.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #53  

That's a good plan Allison. Don't throw in the towel on everything obviously but don't worry about the numbers for a few days. How is Misty doing?

I am going through such an emotional roller coaster. I'm trying to figure out why but it may not even be worth figuring it out. Am I trying to get used to being an empty nester? Maybe. Dh being gone sure makes for a quiet house-- thank goodness I have the dogs and cats for someone to talk to. Dd being homesick is hard. Very hard. I think she is contemplating changing religions so that is something dh and I will have to come to grips with if it happens. My older dd moved away briefly from religion as a teen so I know that is normal, but younger dd is actually moving towards it-- just not our religion! My dh is Catholic and I am Jewish but we have raised our girls with one religion-- Judaism-- they have been through religious school, had bat mitzvahs and volunteered in many ways. Older dd is now a religious school teacher. But younger dd is drawn toward Mormonism. I think it is something that I need to learn more about. I told her I'm happy to go to church with her when she is home to learn more. I'm just not sure if she is drawn to the actual religion or the morals and values that the members exemplify.

Regardless, I was in a horrible funk last night. I really felt despondent. I had a meeting after work so I didn't get to my regular exercise and had to drag myself to the gym after dinner which I don't like doing. I went for a body pump class (weight lifting) but there was a Zumba class going on when I got there. I snuck in and did the last 20 minutes of class. I literally could feel my bad mood lifting. It was amazing. Then I did body pump and left feeling great. I am an exercise convert! I just have to remember that feeling the next time I don't want to go.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I started out Sept 1 with a weight of 118.2 that lasted 2 days and now I am stuck on 120.2 , can't seem to get off it. I am going to rearrange my bedroom today, maybe that will take my mind off the eternal weight battle.
I hear you Bargoo. I'm stuck in the 124's perpetually. Briefly I'll go up to 125 but I haven't seen 123 in a while. I'd really like to get back down again. Good luck with the bedroom rearranging.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #55  

[quote=traveling michele;4459618]I hear you Bargoo. I'm stuck in the 124's perpetually. Briefly I'll go up to 125 but I haven't seen 123 in a while. I'd really like to get back down again. Good luck with the bedroom rearranging/quote]

Michele, I think our goals are quite similar. I am not at a really bad weight for my height, and yes, there is a little bit of vanity in wanting to go lower but I only want to match my ticker or at least breathe hard on it. This is not an an unattainable goal, I don't think as I have done it before. A lower weight will not change my appearance or size of clothing, although I may be able to button my pants without inhaling., BUT it will do my ego a huge boost.
I started rearranging my bedroom and serendipity has taken over and I have come up with a better plan, I am at the point now that I must continue, right now I have the bed piled high with stuff and the bed is not quite in the right place.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #56  

Vanity is essentially why I want to weigh 140. I'm a very comfortable size 8 whereas at 140 I can often squeeze into size 6. At 150 I have a little paunch in my tummy and jiggles here and there that are not there at 140.

Michele~having grown up in Utah I know quite a bit about the Mormon religion. If you have any questions, ask away (and if I don't know I have tons of FB friends who I can ask). Also, my in-laws were both raised as Mormons (and DH, but he left at a fairly early age). Either that or go see Book of Mormon! We have tickets in early November at the Pantages Theater.

Misty is getting along. I don't see much improvement, but at least she isn't worse. I was just getting ready to do a little research...
Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #57  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have never been below 123 ever and I think I would wear it well since I have such a small frame. I don't know how to put this delicately so I won't - I can still make a big "butt" with my front-fat if I squeeze it and that sort of grosses me out. Sometimes I think I just get more and more critical of myself the lighter and leaner I get. Still don't have to count calories, though - I can thank my age and my magic weight training metabolism boost for that.

michele - younger DD might just be trying different things on for size. It's nice to see you're supportive and interested in learning more, versus a lot of parents' knee-jerk reactions to their kids not turning out like them. Part of the reason I don't know if I can have my own children is the pain of them leaving the nest...
Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I have never been below 123 ever and I think I would wear it well since I have such a small frame. I don't know how to put this delicately so I won't - I can still make a big "butt" with my front-fat if I squeeze it and that sort of grosses me out. Sometimes I think I just get more and more critical of myself the lighter and leaner I get. Still don't have to count calories, though - I can thank my age and my magic weight training metabolism boost for that.

michele - younger DD might just be trying different things on for size. It's nice to see you're supportive and interested in learning more, versus a lot of parents' knee-jerk reactions to their kids not turning out like them. Part of the reason I don't know if I can have my own children is the pain of them leaving the nest...
But Krampus, after they leave the nest there is the possibility of grandchildren. a joy of a special kind. Some of my very best memories are of grandparents, I hope my two grandchidren feel the same way.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-06-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #59  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Had a big-girl dinner. It was my first time roasting green beans - pretty darn yummy! I think I've atoned for last night's debacle, which was something like a 5-year old loose in an amusement park food court with a $20.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #60  

I love roasted beans!!! I try to have them at least once a month if not more. DD likes roasted broccoli. I like the taste but can't stand the smell they leave in the house.
Closed Thread