3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers update check in thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #31
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/139/132

Height: 5'6"

I am a maintainer, although my weight has slowly crept up over the past two years. I know I need to lose about 10 lbs, but I am having a hard time finding the determination to do it.

I'm kind of in a weird place...not heavy enough to be miserable, but not slender enough to be "satisfied," either. Can anyone relate to this?

It's nice to check in here and see some familiar faces. Big hugs to all of you.

4 YEARS + 4 months maintaining!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #32
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thought I’d drop in to update my ticker & let those of you who care know, ... I’m still alive & kicking it! Been maintaining 7 years + 2 months now despite not being around in over a year, priorities peeps! I weighed 138.9 @ the clinic several weeks ago (down lower than I'd like to be) but I will happily EAT my way up higher now that my body has sorted out an issue. DQ blizzard, here I come! My scale and I are still distant friends, I go by my jeans-o-meter and shorts-o-meter instead and the waists are pretty loose on me nowadays, I need to wear a belt or else I have butt cleavage! yikes

Here’s a readers digest version of my latest- been having girly cycles from Hellllllooooo & became anemic due to major blood loss. I slept a lot (ironic - sleeping truly does = weightloss). My dr. wanted me to have a hysterectomy, but I didn’t want to go that route without first trying Lysteda. Whew, I’m soooooo happy I did NOT get gutted, and opted for these pills, they work miraculously for me! I had to be on iron pills for many months to get my iron levels back up to where they needed to be & surprisingly the iron pills weren’t backer uppers for me- yah, I still got my poop on daily. No more pumping iron pills for ME these days, I’m back pumping real IRON again and continue to maintain my muscle mass, boooyah!!!! Feeling like myself again and well rested, playing sports league twice a week and running both of my businesses keeps me beyond busy.

Oh yeah, our 25th anniversary was AMAZING! Switzerland was spectacular, we made many wonderful memories. When we work hard, we get to play hard by taking fabulous vacations all over the world. LIFE is beyond GOOD, it’s GREAT on my end!

Wondering how I maintain my loss after all of these years?

Like Nike,- I just do it!
Do what- you ask?

1. Eat healthy 80% of the time & 20% of the time I eat whatever the heck I want- guilt free
2. Workout daily- yes, EVERYDAY... (no ifs, ands or buts)

The 20% keeps me happy, sane, content & even-keeled! This balance suits my busy lifestyle & this simplicity is key to maintaining my loss year after year.

~ Wendalyn
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.6/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Wendalyn, rockin' it! Glad you were able to muscle on through your issues! Congrats on the 25th anniversary and celebrating more than 7 years of kicking @$$!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #34
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey there, Wendalyn! Glad you came through your health issues and that your anniversary trip was fantastic! Always good to hear from you!

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #35
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thanks ICU & Shannon- you two lovely ladies are the real deal/ genuine! I hope you both continue to kick weightloss's @ss as well. Please know that I’m equally supportive. I’m rooting for both of you today, tomorrow & always, despite me not being here often. I will shout this part so you can both hear me….. YOU GO GIRLS!!!
Thanks again for supporting me keeping my lbs off. ~ Wendalyn
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.