Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Still struggling with finding maintance calories

So I've been upping my calories each week and eating a lot more throughout the day and bigger meals than when I was eating and I'm still loosing, which isin't a bad thing and I'm not really complaining, but I'm just worried that I'll end up loosing to much and getting to skinny if I keep going the way that I am. I'm probably eating up to 1800 calories a day, i'm not sure if this is the exact amount but I know i've been eating a lot more than I was when dieting. In addition to upping my calories i've also cut back on my work outs as well to only 3-4 times a week from 5-6. The reason why I've cut back is so I don't have to worry that I'm loosing but just enough to keep at a steady weight. Like my previous thread, I had been staying at my goal weight for a steady couple of weeks and now I get on the scale today and I've lost another pound. What else can I do to stop loosing, I feal like I only have about 4 pounds to work with until I look to skinny, I weighed in at 119.4 which is officially the lowest I've been.

Last edited by SoCalCowgirl; 07-01-2012 at 06:20 PM.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Look at the thread Maintenance Methods , full of good information that you may find useful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

Your weight will still fluctuate. In Weight Watchers, being at goal weight means +/- 2 pounds. Keep an average of your weight for the last month (regardless of how often you are weighing yourself) and that will tell you whether you're gaining or losing. At any point, if you're 2 pounds above or below, it might be appropriate to take action. But within that range, I wouldn't worry about it.
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

thanks guys for the advice I greatly appreciate it
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah keep a range! If you try to stay at the EXACT same weight then you will go insane!

I was trying to get up to 120, but I'm pretty comfortable in my little range of 113-117, so I'm sticking here for a while. Just make sure to have a redline weight above and below your weight range so you know you either need to cut back or eat more.

And you're right about us shorties not having much room before we look "too skinny" based on our frame size. I got down to 107 and I looked horrible! I didn't weigh yet today, but I've hit 113 the past few days and even though it's just 6 (or even 5, I was feeling better at 112 too) pounds it makes a world of difference.

Funny thing is, my clothes still fit as if I was at 107-109 range. So maybe I built some muscle in the process!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #6  

What's your resistance to increasing your calories again? Clearly, the easiest solution is to add more calories, so I was just wondering why you stopped at 1800.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/110/to maintain

Height: 5'0

I'm in that phase of my maintaining...it's been a lot of trial and error for me. I got to 106 (holy crap, I can't believe I'm typing that) and it was just sickly.my goal is 110-112 and I upped my calories to 1670 and trying to find a balance with my calories and my activity level (outside of my normal exercise routine). It's been tough for me, now that I've lost the weight, I'd say the the most difficult thing for me now is the trial and error part. This is still fairly new for me (5 months total) and I have to admit, getting on the scale and seeing that I gained weight was difficult, I had to verbalize to myself frequently, that this was a "good/planned" gain and not a "bad" one.
bagsandbows410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

bagsndbows,the truth is trial and error is here to stay. As far as I know there is no perfect formula to guarantee we can stay at a certain weight. A gain or loss of 2 pounds can just be normal fluctuation.You have had an awesome loss, congratulations !

Last edited by bargoo; 09-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote