Feb. fun - totally off topic!

• OK, I was over in the weekly chat thread and saw people listing their celebrity faves. So everyone, who are you favorite men/women on the big/small screen?

My list is George Clooney in his "serious" roles, Chris Noth (as Big in Sex and the City), Tom Selleck (loved him in Magnum and like him in Blue Bloods), Harrison Ford about 10 years back, Antonio Banderas (c'mon, the guy did Puss In Boots - gotta like his comedic talent), Wesley Snipes (amazing body and athletic grace), and the guy who plays the police detective (Eddie someone) in CSI NY strictly as eye candy.

Dagmar
  • Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Raaaaar! I'm a sucker for an Aussie accent, too.
  • Ohhh you opened up a can of worms. I love me some actor eye-candy...don't tell my fiance!

Alright I think I'm done...
                    • Daniel Craig - in anything.
                      Denis Leary, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase - make me laugh, and I'm there! Denis Leary and Steve Martin especially for making the transition to acting from standup comedy.
                      Absolutlely Sean Connery.
                      Richard Gere.
                      Mickey Rourke, the earlier stuff.
                    • Hmmm....
                      Hugh Jackman
                      Chris Pine
                      Zachery Quinto
                      William Shatner
                      Patrick Stewart
                      Avery Brooks
                      Scott Bakula
                      Harrison Ford
                      Sean Connery
                      Richard Gere
                      Robert Downey, Jr.
                      David Boreanas
                      Sarah Michelle Gellar
                      Allyson Hannigan
                      Jeri Ryan
                      Lauren Graham

My reasons are varied for this list - all of them are, or have been, hotties. Even the older ones who are not in their traditional hotness prime zone still have pull for mebecause their hotness comes from charisma and personality. Most are from science fiction I notice... Hm.
                    • I agree about Robert Downey, Jr. He looks fine after a little bit of weathering. He has appeared sharp-witted and wary in TV interviews and always says something ironically self-aware that amuses me. He's done some living. He has a slightly maniacal side.

And sometimes Johnny Depp, though not always. This man is a chameleon, but the solid foundation of that face carries him through. There's an eccentricity about him that appeals to me and I'm always curious about what he's up to when he works with Tim Burton.

Jake Gyllenhaal, for his blue eyes, and out of some sense of pity, as his movie career seems to be floundering, when it seemed so promising a few years ago. (Not that a handsome millionaire who's probably just about 30 needs my pity.)

And young Armie Hammer, who played the litigious Harvard oarsmen in the "Social Network," and also played J. Edgar Hoover's life partner through a 40-year relationship in "J. Edgar."
                    • Shannon, I can tell you're a scifi fan (as if I didn't already know it)! Count me in on the Avery Brooks bandwagon. By far my favorite Star Trek captain. But when I was a teenager, Garrett Wang was my hugest crush. (Along with Russell Wong from "Vanishing Son", not scifi but did you ever watch that show?)

I also appreciate Robert Downey, Jr. and Johnny Depp (sometimes, but not always, like Saef -- I <3 Jack Sparrow but don't particularly care for Willie Wonka!). And speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, Orlando Bloom isn't too hard on the eyes either.

I had a huge list of people I loved when I was a teenager, but whether it's age, or some combination of thyroid problems and long-term use of hormonal birth control, I find nowadays I don't get particularly interested in anyone. The only person I regularly see on TV and think "he's pretty hot" has to be George Eads -- Nick Stokes on CSI. (Sshh, don't tell DH! )
                    • Jeffery Dean Morgan in P.S I Love You, man he is... oh so delicious!! Fyi, he also played Denny Duquette on Greys Anatomy..
                      http://norasmen.com/wp-content/uploa...ean-morgan.jpg Yeah, he is all that & a bag of chippies in my book, next to my handsome hubby of course!

Also love me some Paul Rudd 'specially in the movie Role Models- serenading his girlfriend Beth with the song Beth by Kiss at the end of the movie with his own spin on it, oh man that sold ME, every time I hear that song I so think of Paul Rudd! Yup he's a HOTTIE! http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00046782.html
                    • How could I forget Johnny Depp? I see everything he does and have been a fan since 21 Jump Street (yes I AM that old). And let's throw in Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood because they are still out there working and producing worthwhile stuff.

I wasn't expecting the women to respond about women (join right in Bill and Gary) but I too have my faves. Helen Mirren, Kim Catrall, Meryl Streep, Cynthia Nixon (on stage), and Maria Bello (as the character she plays on "Prime Suspect").

Dagmar
                    • LoL Mudpie - I very well remember 21 Jump Street!

Josh holloway from LOST
                      Jonathan Rhys Meyers
                      Jensen Ackles - Supernatural
                    • Jessica - I remember "Vanishing Son", liked it. And like Garret Wang and George Eads.

I also forgot Johnny Depp - like Saef, I like him in some roles better than others.

I considered Clint Eastwood & Morgan Freeman - I have so much respect and love for both of them and the work that they have done. I was just reading an article about Clint Eastwood last week. And I loved Paul Newman, just loved him.