Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I am a 10 and I wear an 11 in juniors. They tend to run a bit smaller. I am 33 and I shop in both Misses and Juniors.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Every body is shaped differently. Juniors sizing runs a little smaller than misses' and is generally more suitable for petite figures with subtler curves. They're marked 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 etc but realistically I find that if I wear an 8 in misses', I take a 9 in juniors'.

I am 5'4.5 and wear a 6 in misses and a 7 in juniors'.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

If I were you I'd go online and find a size chart, then pull out the measuring tape. You'd know exactly how many inches you have to lose and that's a fun thing to chart.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #19  
Chuggin' along...

I'm 5'5". At my skinniest I was 136 lbs, wearing a size 4/6 in misses and barely getting into a 7 in juniors. It wasn't the waistband measurement but the cut of the curvy places that didn't fit me properly. All of the juniors/"odd" sizes I tried on were cut for people with smaller hips than me. I had to accept that it just wasn't going to happen for me. No matter how skinny I got, the shape of my hips did not change.

I wanted to chime in here b/c I don't want you to be disappointed if your body doesn't turn out exactly as you hoped and fit into a size 5! I don't believe weight loss is about any one number, be it on the scale or a size on your pants tag. There is life beyond the juniors section, I swear it. You can find clothes that don't make you look "old" and "outdated" despite what others in this thread have said.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote