Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #16  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
Fat Pants, I hear ya on that. Shopping used to be a dreaded event just because I haaated trying so much stuff on that wasn't flattering in order to find one article of clothing that most minimized my bulges. I couldn't even fathom picking up clothes and buying them without trying them on no matter what size a person was. These days, I avoid shopping just because I'd buy everything and I don't have the money for that! I can go in a store and pick up a size small or size 3/4 and just know it'll look good so I buy it. Get home, put it on, and wished I'd bought one in another color, haha.

I do have exhilerating moments of "wow, I LOVE my new self!" I'll catch a reflection of myself in a window and thing "my goodness, look how refined my facial features have become...I actually have a jaw and cheekbones!" Just little things like that.
YEP! So very true. I catch myself in the mirror and think.. WOW! I look good! It still catches me by surprise at times... those are the great moments. The scale is a number, and yes it's a good feeling of accomplishment to reach your goal, but those worrisome times of never having to worry about if something will fit or not are long gone..and that is a huge reason to celebrate!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #17  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Oh this post really made me laugh because I KNOW this is exactly how I'm going to feel and I'll bet I'll make the same post in a couple months. I've pretty much felt this way at each milestone. The big on one was 100 lbs lost. I too thought the strippers would be busting down my door...but nope they didn't. My next big milestone will be the 140s a place I've been dreaming about since begining this journey, it probably means more than all the others, but I'll bet the strippers won't show up for that either. I think I'll be there next week, maybe if I tell someone they'll send some over!

Last edited by ncuneo; 07-02-2010 at 08:02 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #18  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

BTW Congratulations mkendrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #19  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Wow this is a great thread. YESSSS!!!! on the anticlimatic. I so now get the reason people say maintenance is harder than losing. I've been floundering till I read this thread. I don't have a GOAL. No goal means I feel like a flounder flopping around. So today I will seriously think about what I want as my new goal.

Although the reaching goal wasn't a stripper filled event, there are the small moments. I ordered this incredible sundress online and it came yesterday. Form fitted and it is my color. I've been searching for what I call an Addison dress (Private Practice Addison Montgomery's (Kate Walsh - my hero) usual fitted attire). Yesterday it came by UPS. DH wasn't home so this morning after my shower I found him in the garage and told him to come see my new dress. I tried it on and said, "You wanna take me out on a date?" The answer was affirmative and that was nearly as good as the strippers.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Same here I just keep the excitement going with getting new clothes & fitness goals..
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #21  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Heh. I just hit goal today, and while I plan on losing another few pounds while settling into maintenance, yeah, it's been kind of anticlimactic, for sure. I mean, I saw the number, went YEAH! did a little victory lap, and then...it's just another day. I kind of like that it's just another day, but alas, choirs of angels did not sing, and confetti did not fall from the ceiling.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yes. I experienced the same things as you. Exactly. Except I imagined when I stepped on that scale and hit goal, I thought there would be marching bands (your imagination is apparently better than mine ) and that I would bend down, kiss the scale and be all teary-eyed. Nope. Very anti-climactic. It was no surprise , I knew it was coming and nothing changed, nothing was different. Hopped on the scale, noted the number, got into the shower, ate my healthy breakfast, and went along my day, business as usual. Nothing changed. The truth is my life had already drastically changed way prior to that date. This one day was not a stand out . And like Amanda, I never remember the date, I just had to check my signature in fact to see what it is (though I knew it was some time in July).

The date that is much more significant for me, the day I will NEVER forget - September 4, 2006 - the day I STARTED this journey. THAT was my life transformation date. That is a day I hold near and dear to my heart and one I will never, ever forget and one I celebrate as my re-birth-day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
The date that is much more significant for me, the day I will NEVER forget - September 4, 2006 - the day I STARTED this journey. THAT was my life transformation date. That is a day I hold near and dear to my heart and one I will never, ever forget and one I celebrate as my re-birth-day.
You know Rockinrobin you are so right. I too have no idea of the date I reached goal (and it was only 9 or 10 months ago) but the date that is etched in my memory is the date I committed to getting the weight off - 7 May 2007 the day I changed my life FOREVER.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote