Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #16  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Whooooohoooo Meg!!!

Kids are in farmcamp this week which means hardcore workout week! YAY! I have missed living at the gym!

I spent too much time making cabbage rolls for dinner tonight so I didnt get to do a run AND yoga this afternoon. But at least dinner is ready to put in the oven. Except I had a mindfart and forgot the egg so they will be a bit crumbly - hopefully not too dry.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #17  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Ennay, have fun at the gym!

Dagmar, LOL, Carter will whine and bark if you shut him in a different room for even 10 seconds.

Marie, enjoy having your DH on the day shift!

Michele, knowing that you have thyroid problems that would be my primary suspect in the weight gain. You could try playing with your calories for a while just to see what happens.

Midwife, thanks for answering the question about your oldest patient! about the baby shower.

We had some massive storms roll through last night. Poor Carter was extremely nervous with all the lightning and thunder -- he would only stop whining if we were actively petting him. Makes it hard to sleep! This morning I logged in to Facebook and found out that my hair salon was struck by lightning in the night and burned down (the whole building of the strip mall they were in burned). Luckily nobody was there at the time and they had insurance, but I guess they will be working out of a different salon until they can get it put back together.

All of the rivers and retention ponds are bursting their banks this morning. We have a couple more days of storms forecast too. Our house is far enough away from any water that I'm not worried about it flooding, but the roads are another matter. Meanwhile exercising outdoors is not happening since along with unpredictable thunderstorms, it's supposed to be 95 degrees out there with very high humidity. I'm planning to run on the treadmill at work today and hoping it will be cool and clear tomorrow morning for my bike ride.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #18  
Workin' It

Wow I'm behind on the thread.... I stayed home from work yesterday, felt terrible when I woke up. Don't feel much better today, but have a hearing at the DOL this afternoon so didn't have a choice today.

My parent's mini dachshund died yesterday - 17 years old. That makes two dogs that they have lost this year. Lost their Rottweiller to cancer in February, this one yesterday to age. I'm pretty sad today.

I didn't do anything but sleep and eat all day yesterday. I have to shake this off and get back up and moving. Again, I'm not living like a maintainer and that has to stop right now.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #19  
No description available.

I'm sorry, Shannon.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #20  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Jessica, very sad about the building burning but how awesome no one was there and no one was injured. That’s a blessing. I hope your weather settles down.

Dagmar, I don’t know… most of the time I’d rather chat with my furry faced pups than humans. And my pups howl if they’re not able to be in the same room with me. That doesn’t mean they will be, but it must be their choice.

Shannon, I hope you start feeling better and to your parents. Two beloved dogs in one year? That would be so difficult.

Summer is here again today. Two days in a row over 70 degrees. Woo-hoo! Got to swim yesterday and will again today. Also I drove my topless Jeep this morning. The commute home will be great!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Shannon,
Hugs to you and your folks on the loss of their dachshund. Will they consider getting a new dog? That is always the best cure (in my opinion) for grief of loss of a pet.

Sorry Jessica about your hair salon!

I'm waiting at the San Jose airport to head to Houston. Love free wifi! Already freaking out about the food choices but trying to stay calm. We are going to be at the in-laws (non healthy!!) except for one night in a hotel while college searching. I saw that the hotel has a fitness center so I looked at the photo-- it looks to be a really pathetic "center"-- one bike, one treadmill, one antiquated elliptical. Oh well. Hopefully we'll get a ton of walking in when we walk around the campus'.

I was pretty annoyed last night at the gym. I went for my boxing boot camp class (my fave class!) and it was overly crowded. After 5 min., I was getting pretty irritated and annoyed and realized I wouldn't be getting my normal stress relieving workout. So, I left and did the elliptical and lifted. Then I was planning on going this morning. Since they didn't have a spin class early enough (except 6 am and there was no way I was making that one), I planned on doing the elliptical for an hour. However, I was too stressed about getting everything packed in time that I only did 30 minutes and went home. At least I got something in.

I'll be checking in soon from hot and humid Houston!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Sorry about the dachshund Shannon

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Thumbs up NSV yesterday night

I was feeling really sorry for myself (we need a sulking smilie) last night. Typical scenario of being out in the pouring rain all day plus two unexpected things that made more work for me.

Had to pick up some groceries for dinner and stood in the bakery section for a really long time. Then had to pass bins of chocolate chip pecan (2 boxes for $5) cookies, Pringles, candy etc.

I bought myself a pre-sliced and skinned mango (always make a mess of them myself) instead.

I felt quite "trapped" around 9 p.m. after eating the mango and went and looked in my client's pantry. Chips and more chips .

Opted for the rest of my carrots instead.

I'm feeling quite virtuous this morning

Have a great hump day all (maybe literally in my case - the puppy's started in on the the cats in the house)

Dagmar (no TV since last Thursday!!!)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #24  
Mel

Yay Dagmar! great nsv

Shannon- How are you doing? I'm sorry for your parents' pup losses. 2 in one year is tough.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #25  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Great NSV Dagmar!

Shannon, sorry about the doggie.

Michele, at least you got some workouts in! Something is better than nothing.

Marie, I totally misread your last remark as saying you drove topless in your Jeep!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #26  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Marie, I totally misread your last remark as saying you drove topless in your Jeep!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #27  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Jessica, I often joke that I'm driving around topless. But I did make sure I didn't put it that way yesterday. It would scare the children of Oregon if the sagging low girls were let out of their housing for a drive.

Dagmar, oh too funny with the puppy and the cats. Great job on persevering the munchies. I envy your eating virtue. I was not nearly as successful yesterday. Chocolate was chanting at me from morning till night. It could have been worse but it was bad.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #28  
Workin' It

Dagmar - great job with the food! I peel my mangos with a potato peeler. Works great.

Marie - I'm totally picturing you riding around topless in the jeep, but not in a creepy way. Make sure you use a lot of sunscreen.

Michele - enjoy your travels, good that you got some workout in!

I'm doing okay today, thanks for the kind words everyone. My mom is devastated, and likely will be for a while. I don't know if she will be able to adopt another dog any time soon or not. The two so close together was really hard on her, particularly with how hard it was at the end for both of them. I'm working on reminding her of the good things, and the great lives that they both had. Like these, pics when the dogs and I were riding in the car a few years ago. They both loved to hang their heads out the window.

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Meg, congratulations on your new granddaughter. I bet she is a beauty.
I am on jury duty, should be about 2 weeks . The food that is available is too expensive and not diet friendly. I am going to take my own lunch, The parking garage is enclosed and covered and with my small ice chest should be OK, we get an hour and a half for lunch so I can take a walk and hopefully not turn into a slug with all that sitting all day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Cute photos. My Chico doesn't understand the concept of hanging his head out the window. But then he doesn't understand a lot of concept that should be second nature to a dog. He's kind of dumb (but lovable!). It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, I wish you and your folks well.

I'm having an extremely stressful day. It's all my fault, I know things will work out--they always do, but I'm still stressed. It's one of those times that being a small business owner isn't so fun. It's almost month end and no one has paid us from last month. I need to think about paying vendors but I have no cash. Yesterday I figured I had enough for 3 weeks of payroll, but then my assistant reminded me we had to pay the taxes and that ate up a week's worth of my planned payroll. Ugh. I've been calling and calling but only the littlest monies have been promised. If only ONE bigger payment would come today I'd stop stressing.

And all this stress is making me hungry! Thankfully all I have to much on is carrots, celery and pea pods!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote