Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

Allison, do you plan to play on a women's golf league this year?
Lily~you're so funny! I don't golf that well. I'd be embarrassed to even suggest golfing with friends!

My friend just sent this to me--I though you all would get a kick out of it:

Theft Problem - IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys
removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went
to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that
quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose
thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer
looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to
living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains
to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier.
But my new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my
original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favor of long
skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was
fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm
swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really
getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time. What
could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey
neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world, wake up and
smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL replacement
body parts - stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know
has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P. S. Last year I thought someone had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in
bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved
to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I
keep them hidden in my waistband.

Thought this was too 'important' not to pass on. Have a wonderful day
- with a joy filled heart.

These same thieves come in my closet and shrink my clothes! How do they do it?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is most interesting, I was wondering how these body part thieves were getting into my house , how are they getting by my barking dog? They are very slick in their thefts.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #18  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh my yes, they've been here too.

Busy day, but my plan is to be super productive and get out ahead of the upcoming deadlines. I'll be off to the gym for a weights workout (NRLW) right after work, then scarf down a turkey sandwich and some soup and be at a City Council meeting at 7 until ?? I've allowed for another snack when I get home if I feel I need.

TOday is Day 3 of DH being gone, and it's usually about this point I appreciate what it means to have another person in the house. I have to keep remembering to clean the cat box (usually his job) as they don't remind me as they do when their food is gone (my job). Plus we've been heating with our wood stove this winter, so I have to keep it going, where we usually swap off on that duty. But he's the one who brings in the wood - and he did fill up the wood box before he left, but it's going down, and I have to make time to refill it..... And of course the cats miss him a lot. He's usually around most of the day, and they count on him to sleep on. THey complain that I move around too much, and am not warm enough. Oh well, we'll all muddle through the next couple of weeks I'm sure.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #19  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Allison, LOL, I think they stole my belly!

Well, I did it, I worked out at lunchtime! I didn't get the treadmill right away, so I ended up doing 5 mins on the elliptical, then 1/2 mile on the treadmill, then my first NRLW workout. I think if I'm going to be doing this I'm going to need those gloves that weightlifters wear because the dumbells I used for squats rubbed up my palms.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #20  
Workin' It

Hi everybody!

Pat - my cat reminds me when I forget to clean her box by leaving me little 'surprises' around the house to find when I get up in the morning...

Lily - glad the apartment crisis worked out so well! And, those six pounds will be gone in no time!

Meg - hope things go well with the new workload!

Kery - way to go on making it to the weight room! I'm with you - if I go home I just don't want to go back out and do anything, much less exercise.

Jessica - having a gym at work is pretty cool. Is there a lot of competition for the machines that they have? I got weight lifting gloves from Amazon.com, but have already pulled the seam on one. Need to research and find some good ones.

Allison -

Megan - I love hotels with good weight rooms too! Enjoy it!

Michele - I don't have the willpower to have a box of good chocolate in the house yet - we had Lindor truffles at Christmas and I ate them two and sometimes three () at a time... Way to go with the willpower!

I was OP yesterday with food and exercise, we have DSS tonight, so will be OP today foodwise but might not make exercise. The scale was down 2 pounds this morning, leaving only 3 pounds of what I hope is water to go away. And, my implants are starting to drop a little so I can start to picture how they are going to look once they 'drop & fluff'. Pretty exciting.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 02-10-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hilarious Allison! Thanks for sharing!

My weight was up another pound today (so now up 3 instead of 2) even though I ate perfectly and went to Boot Camp yesterday-- aarggh! I hate the scale!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #22  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick pop in. I started training my new job yesterday. Everyone is so nice! Even though I don't get to see any of them in person

Lots of stuff to learn, and a new software platform which has me tearing out some of my hair.

Really trying to keep up good eating, but I am starting to fall into the bites, nibbles and grabs. I don't know why - but I seriously need some kind of intervention!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #23  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Meg, I'm the exact same, when I don't work out, my eating on plan definitely suffers too. I guess it just seems useless to workout hard and then eat junk that day.

Allison, I'm sure you are probably as good of a golfer as I am. I really enjoy it and it's an interest that DH and I share and have fun with. DH is considered an A player and I'm a C player, LOL. Also, your theft story was hilarious and thanks for sharing.

Lori, sounds like you are off to a good start with the new job.

Shannon, WTG on getting the scale back down those 2 lbs.

Pat, funny what me miss when our DH's are gone. I miss having DH to build fires in the fireplace, clean the bathrooms, kill the occasional spider and to share walking the dogs, LOL.

Jessica, WTG on working out at lunchtime.

The girls did as well as could be expected at the funeral of their classmate this morning. Then, I took them and some of their friends out to lunch. They are now taking naps after a very sleepless night.

I had planned today off from the gym, but I really have the urge to go do my cardio workout. I may have the girls watch baby Patrick while I workout for my 2 hrs. this evening.

I still won't know the condition of the duplex until I meet the landlord there tomorrow. I pray that it is in good condition and we don't run into any problems.

I found a onesie yesterday for my soon to be born 2nd granddaughter. It says "Does this diaper make my butt look BIG". I just had to get it, LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-10-2009 at 04:15 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #24  

Your hubby cleans the bathrooms. WOW!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Unhappy The fates are cruel today

I'm kinda depressed today. The dog sit ends at 8 p.m. tonite.

I have another client who is the producer for a TV show. Turns out Chris Noth (Mr. Big on Sex and the City) will be guesting on the show tonite. I'm a big fan of his. She could have got me into the audience at the taping of the show, if I wasn't dog sitting.

I'm not one of those lunatic fans but it would have been quite thrilling to be in the same room with Chris Noth.

I will try to not drown my sorrows with food tonite. I probably will be too busy unpacking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc. SIGH.

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Lily~hoping you weren't anywhere near those tornadoes!

And for a follow up to yesterday's post, my parents just sent this:

Some Crazy Conspiracy in Our Time

THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!We Must Stop This Immediately!

Have you noticed that stairs are getting steeper? Groceries are heavier? And, everything is farther away? Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become!
And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip reader?
I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.
I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own reflection. Well, REALLY NOW - even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!
Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them. All I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.
Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they think no one notices? The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank. Do they think I actually 'believe' the number I see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people think they're fooling?
I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on -- but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in there!
All I can do is pass along this warning:

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!

Unless something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these awful indignities.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #27  
Workin' It

Allison - that one is pretty funny, too! My dad said to me this weekend "You know that you are getting old when your kids start to look old." "What? I look old now I said?" "Well, you do have all that gray in your hair..." Which wasn't gray, I might add, but blond highlights that just didn't have the same effect they used to have... So now, I'm a red head with no misleading streaks in my brown hair.

Lily - hope you and your girls are doing better today. I know yesterday was tough for all of you.

Dagmar - I'm not crazy fans either, but I wouldn't have minded being there too! Sadness that you missed it... How did the avoidance of comfort food go last night?

Lori - I'm trying to break back out of the bites and nibbles habit myself. Good luck with the new job! Glad people are nice!

Michele - do you think the weight is water retention from the Boot Camp workouts? I can't remember how long you have been doing it, but I know every time I change anything in mine I pop on 3-5 pounds of water. Not like that makes it any better to see on the scale, though...
Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #28  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good morning/afternoon/evening.

Shannon -- Yup, that's exactly why I went. The weather was so awful yesterday that it was a given I wouldn't go out (and be soaked again, thanks to the cars that run too close to the curb and its puddles of water ^^).

Allison -- Those two cracked me up. Thank you for sharing, now I can go back to doing homework with a much lighter mind.

Jessica -- W00t for the workout!

Lori -- I hope the new job is going well!

Okay, now five more minutes of slacking off, and then I can resume working on the imperial presidency. To think that the written part of my competitive exam starts on March 11th... gulp.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Thumbs up Glad to be back

I'm always so glad to get back to my own house. Particularly good last night as DH had cleaned up all of his "guy mess" before I got there.

He had brought home snacks though and I did eat some of them. Lots of other depressing things happened during the day and I was soaking wet all day in the pouring rain so totally miserable by the time I got home at 7 p.m.

DH is learning. The snacks were Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and I had two of them so that wasn't such a binge.

I'm off to finally stretch (after 7 days) and will do weights tomorrow morning. I jsut don't feel physically "right" without stretching at least 3 times a week so the dog sits always throw me off.

Another day of pouring rain. It's way better than having it all come down as snow though. I'm hoping the groundhogs were wrong and this is the preamble to spring. I'm sooo tired of winter.

Have a great "hump" day everyone!

Oops! That was yesterday, wasn't it?

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #30  
Workin' It

Good morning everyone!

Dagmar - glad you got back home and settled!

Kery - just reading about some of the things you are working on makes my head hurt and reminds me how glad I am to be out of school. I've thought about going back for a PhD, but I don't know if I have the energy for it at this point in my life.

My MIL has her pre-op appointment with her oncologist and her surgical clearance appointment today, her hysterectomy is scheduled for 2/17. If they delay it one more time I think either she or DH will kill someone today at the doctor's office...