Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #16  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clvquilts View Post
Instead of the trash can, I sometimes use the freezer. But it's just as good as using one since I rarely defrost anything before it's been freezer burned from being in there too long. Then I dump it. Some how I don't mine dumping frozen food, but have a big problem dumping fresh food.
that's me too! I just cleaned my freezer of all kinds of things with a layer of permafrost. Including some leftovers from my CSA But really, while rhubarb itself is ok, the only thing I like it in involves sugar and a pie crust. But I just couldnt see it go to waste last summer, so I froze it. I look at it as freezers are more efficient when full, so I am just being energy efficient
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #17  
Meg

Unfortunately, frozen cookies have never slowed me down. I can eat them straight from the freezer. No defrosting necessary.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sadly, frozen cookies don't deter me either. I love them frozen. Nice and crunchy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Well...usually if I have a cookie craving I buy the break and bake and freeze the raw cookie dough. I have yet to eat raw cookie dough straight from the freezer

Yesterday I did a fair amount of tossing. I had bought a loaf of white french bread on sunday to go with some soup and because the kids are both on the CRAM/BRAT diet (if you dont know, dont ask) and I threw it out yesterday because french bread to me is just a butter binge waiting to happen. Well...ok it was a butter binge in progress when I threw it out. The kids will just have to eat whole grain anyway.

I started to throw out the brie too, but gave some to dd for lunch and then I was ok once the bread was gone.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay
Well...ok it was a butter binge in progress when I threw it out.
Gosh that made laugh, because I threw some French bread out this morning just so I wouldn't see it tonight when I got home from work hungry and grab some butter and eat the loaf before supper....

I also throw stuff out OFTEN... I've even done the dishsoap thing...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #21  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I dont need to do dishsoap, I just take mine to the main trashcan in the garage. It is the same trashcan that the dirty diaper bags end up in. I hold my breath when I open the lid and throw stuff in and slam it closed and run back to the house before I breathe again. There has never been ANY urge to go back for the icecream cake in THAT trashcan.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I will eat frozen cookies too! I'll eat frozen cookie dough as well. I'll pretty much eat anything that hasn't been contaminated.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote