Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default After Large Weight Loss

I figured this would be one of the better places to post this question of mine. I am not maintaining, but over the past year, I have lost fifty pounds.

I eat pretty well. 1300-1400 calories or more when i work out hard--still trying to lose slowly. I work out probably average of 4 times a week.

Nothing is wrong with me, no alarming traits.

But I am terribly pale. and my eyes are sunken in. And on occasion I feel a little light headed. When I see my parents, they make comments to me all the time about my pallor--concerned that I am doing this unhealthily.

I brought this up at my yearly physical a month ago, had blood work done, thyroid, electrolytes, blood counts check. Everything was a-okay.

I remember reading somewhere about how somebody had reached goal and had the same issues. But after some time had passed maintaining, they were looking and feeling great!

I was just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this. If you thought it was relative, had similar experiences.

Thanks!

Last edited by Addicted5915; 12-13-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

YES! I am also cold all the time... and while the doctor is currently looking into it, he made a suggestion at my physical yesterday that I thought made a lot of sense. This weight loss is HARD on my body; I am asking a great deal of my poor body to shape up, slim down and be efficient when it hasn't been for so long. Sometimes, my body will get tired, even as it works harder to continue to lose weight in an effective way. And this 'tiredness' can reveal itself any number of ways, from small infections to mineral deficiencies, despite being overall, generally 'healthy', taking a multivitamin and so on.

This made sense to me. I look pale and rather tired, but I am asking my body to do a LOT of hard work, and I think I'll look 'healthier' as I maintain, rather than continue to lose, as my body finds it's most efficient level of maintenance.

Hope that helps! I mean, yes, you could be anaemic, but that would have showed up in the blood work from your physical.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
This weight loss is HARD on my body; I am asking a great deal of my poor body to shape up, slim down and be efficient when it hasn't been for so long. This made sense to me. I look pale and rather tired, but I am asking my body to do a LOT of hard work, and I think I'll look 'healthier' as I maintain, rather than continue to lose, as my body finds it's most efficient level of maintenance.Heather
That's a great way to put it. I also didn't feel "right" for several months after I began maintaining. People would ask me, "Don't you feel just WONDERFUL?" and honestly, I knew I was on the right track (and my doctor was keeping an eye on me as well), but I had dizzy spells and my palor too was off. I just didn't feel well. I actually posted pics at the end of this summer just to exhibit the difference from when i first started maintaining to now. I feel and look much stronger and no more dizzy spells. I seriously think my body just needed to rebuild.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, no, I didn't really have that experience. I lost weight via a combination of calorie counting + whole foods. I have felt physically wonderful since I started, glowing with good health. Never any dizziness, although I guess I have had 2-3 light-headed moments while getting up quickly, but that could be caused by a number of factors.

I am very pale, but I always have been. I am cold all the time, I wish my body temperature regulator would kick back in - it's been almost 3 years!

Last edited by Glory87; 12-13-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I never really had that experience and for some reason I think I have more color now than I ever did. Not sure why.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote