Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #46  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Swing dancing last night was a lot of fun. We got there too late for the Shag class, but were kinda glad we did because the steps looked way to complicated for us beginners. Shag has the same rhythm as East Coast Swing so we can do a lot of moves for that.

I got to dance 4 dances with the best guy dancer. He's able to lead me through very complicated twists, turns, and steps even though I don't know them. He makes everyone who dances with him look so smooth and polished.

Today, I got in my floor exercises and 1/2 hour walk. We're heading to the beach in 20 minutes. (It's an hour and 15 minute trip). We need to babysit our 5 year old niece while DH's mother goes to a funeral. I'm not sure if she's cooking dinner or if we're going out afterwards. I hope it's the latter, because I never do well when eating at my MIL's house. She makes me tense and I end up over eating. For some reason, it doesn't happen when we go out to eat. Then, I can be very choosey with what I pick.

Tara ~ great going for knowing your party weaknesses and eating before hand. Now that summer season is coming up, I'm going to have to do that every weekend before the sailing club parties. They're always high cal snack foods.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:19 AM   #47  
Meg

Happy April Fool's Day and happy new month!

Tara - I'm just like you ... if I make a public commitment to do or not do something, I'm much more likely to follow through. Good job on resisting the PB!

I took a day off from the gym but will be there when it opens at 8 am today. And it's one of our cats birthday. When the kids were little, we'd always have elaborate birthday parties for the cats so maybe we'll put a candle in some tuna and sing Happy Birthday to Charlie today.

You know, just the fact that it's April makes me happy!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy April Fools Day.

I have spent 7 hours outside doing yard work today. My veggie garden is off to a great start and my flower beds are now weeded and yard mowed again. This yr. I had vowed to plant shrubs along the front and 1 side of my house and I'm gonna make it, I do believe. DH did a bunch of weed eating. This place/yard takes a LOT of work to get ship-shape at the start of the new season. My green beans, peas, onions, bell peppers, tomatos and potatoes are now planted. Plan is to plant corn and squash tomorrow . Plant flowers in front yard on Tuesday. I've been spending so much time outside, that the inside of my house is needing some attention too. LOL. I've been working myself to exhaustion but it kind of feels good to have a lot of outdoor stuff to do.

I shouldn't have weighed last night but I did it anyway (after eating all my meals yesterday and having 2 pots of coffee) and the scale again said 145. It was a little depressing because I've worked so much that I thought surely I had lost a lb. or so. But, this morning before any food and without clothes the scale said 142, so at least no gain from last week. This made me feel a little better.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #49  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Last night at MIL's, I was able to keep my eating somewhat within range. At least the calorie counting totaled just under 1200. But that included nearly a cup of peanuts...

We were going to paint the bottom of Fandango today, put it's cold and threating rain all day. DH might do it tomorrow by himself since I have jury duty. That means getting up about four hours earlier than I usually do.

I'm going to start a new thread called Staying On Plan Today Because which I've been doing over on Featherweights. I like the daily accountability of restating my goal. Hope some of you will join me.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #50  
Meg

Great idea, Carolyn!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #51  

Hello Maintainers,

Another month on my post-baby diet plan has passed, I only lost one pound this month, I'm trying not to be too discouraged, but it's difficult. I was hoping to lose 3 or 4, but I'm breastfeeding and every time I seem to be losing, I start to feel/worry that I'm not producing as much milk, I start eating more and find I've overeaten. Blah...

So it's a new month. I hope to have some time to post more and I am definitely going to stick to my plan. I have 8 more pounds to go.

I'll drop in again in the morning.
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote