Have a laugh on me...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I live in Japan. I have no car. Pretty much any time I want to go somewhere, I ride my bike. My bike...is not a good bike. It started rusting within a month despite having been kept under an awning, so the chain makes a horrendous creaking noise every time I pedal.

Well, the other night I was screeching along down the sidewalk and there was a high wall to my left causing weird echoes. I THOUGHT that I heard someone behind me, and sure enough when I glanced over my shoulder, I saw some girl's shadow. I was going a decent speed, but I hugged the wall a little closer to let her pass. 30 seconds later, I was starting to get annoyed by the fact that she was still closely following me but steadfastly refusing to pass. Finally I stopped my bike completely and turned, expecting someone to dodge around me and continue on their way...only to realize that I'd been waiting for my own damn shadow to pass.

Good news: I've apparently lost enough weight that I no longer recognize my own silhouette. Bad news: I'm an idiot.
  • hahaha! Woopsies. Y'know I've been tricked like that too, that pesky shadow.
  • Hehe, that was a cute story, can't hide from our shadows.
  • Hahah! Nice! I wish I could live in Japan! I like the idea of not having to drive everywhere!
  • :-)
  • great story. We've all done stuff like that. Thanks for sharing
  • Haha I've done things like that before when I've seen something move and jumped, and it was my own shadow. Ridiculous!
  • keep on pedaling...
  • Now thats funny!!! I love my shadow, its much thinner than me.lol Great story
  • LOL! I hope you laughed (all by yourself) for at least 5 minutes on that one! At least you didn't wreck into the wall ....
  • Quote: LOL! I hope you laughed (all by yourself) for at least 5 minutes on that one! At least you didn't wreck into the wall ....
    ha ha ha
    you are right.
    that happens...
    as I face planted one time on to the dirt trail that was just there....
  • Haha! Great story!
  • reading this story, i thought you were gonna hit the wall and eat it. still funny though
  • OMG!! That's funny! Makes me not feel so bad about some of the um....more "interesting" things I've done. Maybe I'll share some at some time.
  • If it were me I would be scared to death :-s, I heard a lot of scary story where someone follows the person and the ending is... You are so brave.