Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Unhappy sabotaged myself, for no reason at all

So after three days of doing "perfect" on my plan, I binged. I usually binge from emotions, this time from boredom. I'm so angry with myself. I was going towards a great WI this week and now that ship has sailed

sorry, I just needed to vent and I've never told anyone about these.

Last edited by truelies; 12-20-2006 at 12:33 AM.
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I'm sorry, hon. I know how this feels. The BEST thing you can do right now though is carry on! Don't be angry with yourself, it won't put you where you want to be. It happens. No one is perfect all the time. Put your binge in the past where it belongs and focus on RIGHT NOW.

take care and please don't beat yourself up for this!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:37 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Nikki - First of all, it's a wrong turn. Not a collision! So, at the first opportunity, make a legal U-turn and get back on the LAWL Road!!! Okay, now that you've done that, let's take a look at ways to prevent this the next time...
Okay, you usually binge from emotions. This time, it was boredom.
Well, boredom is a funny thing... it only happens when we're bored! So, the next time you're feeling BORED, come to the BOARD - there's lot of interesting threads here that you haven't read and they're all educational! From menu planning to greeting card writing, from cheat planning to song re-writing... there's plenty to do here. If that isn't an option, find your passion! What do you LOVE to do (nope, eating is not an acceptable answer here!)
Reading? Crocheting? Writing poetry? Computer games? Taking a walk? Calling a friend?
How about - plan next weeks menu? Write a letter to a person in your past that had a very positive affect on you? Dream shop on the net for your next home? Plan your next vacation? Dream shop in the petite section on the net for your next wardrobe?!? Clean out a closet? Write a love letter to your Honey Love? Clean out the fridge and clean all the shelves? Start a pillow fight with a loved one? Hop on the treadmill, ab lounge, walk the dog, chase the cat, wrestle with the kids? Decide on a new hobby? Work on the old hobby? Think of something nice to do for your neighbor this week (and do it!)
Come on girlfriend - BOREDOM?!? No MORE!!!
As for beating yourself up... okay - you've done enough of that. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the train! You're still new at this. But don't let that become an excuse anymore than you let boredom or emotions or anything else! YOU CAN DO THIS!
You are WORTH it! You deserve the healthiest YOU that you can be! Your loved ones deserve the healthiest YOU that you can be! So, start chugging the lemon water, get rid of all the "stuff" you shouldn't have - (you didn't binge on salad did you?!?) And meet this head on! What brought you here? That is what will keep you going!
Lastly - I'm sooooo proud of you for coming here and posting this!!! Do you realize that you have accomplished a MAJOR NSV!!!! (non scale victory) "I've never told anyone about these" - OH MY GOSH!!! Look how far you've come in a few day!!!
Remember girlfriend - sometimes we take it a day at a time, sometimes it's a meal at a time, some days it's a mouthful at a time and then there's those times where it's a calorie at a time!!!
You're awesome and we're here for ya!!!
Hugs and blessings!
Merry Christmas - I'm going to bed!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm right there with you. I was doing pretty decent yesterday even though I was upset about my 1.2 lb gain. Last night DH and I decided to go out driving around looking at Christmas lights. We stopped to get ice cream and stupid me decided to have a LARGE Dairy Queen Blizzard!!! I was fine with my cheat last night but today I am kicking myself in the rear for it. But I'm going to take everyone's advice and make a U-turn back on plan. You and I can do this together!!
steph618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

I've been there too.. Right now, my DW and I are going through some kind of loss of focus.. But one of our counselors has told us not to freak out.. It's the holidays.. There's more temptation out there than normal...

She isn't telling us it's ok to cheat, but basically telling us not to have this diet run our lives.. If we put on a couple pounds, it's ok.. We know what to do to take it off and now have the bodily function to do it a lot faster than we did in the past..

I have to admit we kind of blew it today at lunch.. We were out and about and decided that Mexican sounded good.. So we each had a taco salad at a local joint, minus the fried taco shell.. (well, ok.. i did have a bit of it... )

So the taco salad, minus the sour cream and avacado keeps us on plan.. But we killed off a bowl of chips and salsa between us.. Now I figure we probably had 12 chips or so, each, so while we were bad, it kinda still counts as a carb craver.. LOL.. At least that's what I'm gonna keep telling myself.. Since neither of us had protein for breakfast, I'm gonna stick to that story...

But the bottom line is not to freak out.. It's easier when both in a couple are doing the diet thing together.. It makes avoiding the DQ a lot easier... However, your hubby has to get into the mentality that you can't go there anymore... You're paying a lot of good money for this, and he's going to have to have a mental change about eating habits as much as you are..

Don't worry.. It will come!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'4"

I have to say it wasn't entirely my DH's fault that we went to DQ. We were driving by and both kind of said it at the same time. My DH has actually been really supportive of me and drives me crazy at times because he will see me reaching for something I can't have and tell me, "You can't have that" He has also been wonderful about eating anything I cook out of the LAWL cookbook and never complaining. He actually did try to talk me into ordering something else at DQ that wouldn't be so far off plan but I didn't listen to him.
steph618 is offline   Reply With Quote