Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 02:47 PM   #31  

Sue, So sorry to hear of your set back! I hope you are feeling Ok. I bet you were scared! I can't stand to even swallow anything too big it makes me gag. I did Jello shots once and almost choked. I guess I have a small throat or something.

Marcie and Janie, I am having problems staying on plan also! I just don't know why. I think I am just getting bored or tired of dieting. I wnat to eat like a normal person. The problem is I can't eat like a normal person. I just need to realize I will have to eat healthy forever and not over eat anymore! I am thinking about doing the juice to jump start me a little and maybe I will get motivated to stay OP again. I hope both of you are doing better than I am right now! My program was on hold for my vacation and I am going to the center Fri. Marcie, i hope you get the job! I understand how you feel. I just got a part time job and it helps us a lot!

I have found some recipies for energy bars. I haven't tried them yet but I can post them for all of you. It would be so much cheaper if I made them.

Well, I better go now!
Karen
Old 07-31-2001, 03:37 PM   #32  

Just wondering.. To those of you who ahve tried the juice. Do you think it is the same as the 48 hour miracle diet? It is $18 on CVS.com. I have heard some stores sell it as low as $10 (Walgreens?) If it is the same I amy try it from a store here while I am on hold at my center instead of waiting till I go back.

Let me know what you ladies think?

Thanks!!!
Karen
Old 07-31-2001, 03:49 PM   #33  

Hey everyone!
Thanks so much for the support! We will beat this! Dieting gets boring at times sometimes we just have to take a break. It is now time for me to come back from my break though. Karen I don't know if the juice is the same or not. I wondered the same thing. I know with the 48 hour miracle diet you don't eat anything, but on the LA WL juice you do. I lost 4 pds on the LA WL juice. Maybe it is the same. You could always try it. I can give you the info they gave me on what to eat if you want! Sue, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you aren't in too much pain! Hang in there and just do your best on the program. Get to feeling better soon! Janie, hang there girl. We can do this. I believe it! Lots of water and little porportions. Stress makes me want to just eat like crazy.

Anyway..I hope you all have a great day!!
Marcie
Old 07-31-2001, 04:01 PM   #34  
choose it to loose it:)

Sue, wow you choaked on a peice of meat?? That is scary. Why did they wait so long to get it out?? Did they have to stretch your throat?? They had to do that to my dad here a couple of months ago and he has been fine since. He would choak on food too. In fact we were at dinner with my parents and my dad started choaking and hubby came to his rescue and saved his life. B/C I think he was almost unconcious. But he has been fine since. I wonder why they made you go off plan for a month. Sometimes I think that they are a little strange on there stuff.

Well got to run. Feel better

Karen M
Old 07-31-2001, 06:24 PM   #35  

Default Thanks for the concern!

Thank you everyone for your concern. They waited so long to take it out, because I put off going to the ER. This happens to me every now and again. My esophopgus is scarred due to a growth on my throat when I was a child. Normally the food doesn't stay stuck as long as it did this time. I had hoped that it would go down during the night once my body relaxed, but it didn't so I went to the ER in the morning. They also found out that I have ulcers, so now I'm taking prilosec. Oh, what a day I had!!!!

I also understand about getting bored with dieting. I've only been on the program for about a week and half, but there are times where I want to say, screw it and eat what I want!!! But luckily I have a very supportive spouse who is my cheerleader during times like that. He's also trying to lose weight, so that helps. When I want to cheat, he'll ask me if it's worth being fat forever, and I'll do the same thing for him. I've spent a lifetime eating badly, which is probably why I have ulcers at 28! I know what I want, I want to be thin, and I want that so much more then I want the twinkie!!!!

starting 232 1-2
current 220 1-2
goal HOTTIE
Old 07-31-2001, 07:45 PM   #36  
choose it to loose it:)

Sue, I like your enthusiam. If more people had that additude then no one would be overweight I also feel the same way you do. Yes I get tired of the same things day after daybut I look at like this. I don't have the heartburn that I once had. I don't have the bloating that I once had and I have my old confidence that I once had. I went over to my mom's house today to get my picture taken for the month and she pointed out how each month she could see the difference in the close I wore not the size but I had on these baggy clothes that I was ashamed to tuck in my shirts b/c I didn't want to anyone to see my fat belly. I looked like I was 10 months prego and I felt it too even though I have never been So gals don't lose site of your goals b/c your board with your food choices b/c that's when you will start to slip into the same patterns that we once knew.

Also I got on the scale this morning and I am down 1/2 lbs. I thought I had lost something b/c I felt liter. Also I went and got my ring (that I got from out honeymoon cruise) and It went down to the size that I normally wear. I was so excited. I almost wet my pants (just kiddning)

Karen M
Old 08-02-2001, 12:19 PM   #37  

Default Good news, Bad news

Well the good news is I don't have to go off the program for thirty days....since I was only sedated, and NOT under full ansthesia, I'm OK. The bad news....I'm up 2 1-2 pounds. The counselor told me it was probably due to the sedative, which temporarily slowed down my metobolism. I decided instead of getting depressed about it, I'm going to do Jet Start for two days.

Karen....thanks for the compliment. My husband REALLY keeps me enthused about losing the weight. If it weren't for him, I KNOW I would have already fallen back into my old ways. I know that I'm the only one that can lose the weight, but I've got to give credit where credit is due...he keeps me focused, he's so supportive, it just makes it soo much easier. Ladies, I can't tell you what it means to have a supportive spouse. He's losing on his own, but he compeltey understands that I need the accountability that the LA gives me. This morning, I wasn't in the mood for fruit for breakfast, and he came home and saw me with two slices of toast (he works midnight and usually gets home just in time for breakfast) He asked me if I REALLY wanted the toast, or if I'd rather him fix me an egg. So, he fixed me an egg, and I had ONE slice of toast with it. (which I didn't even finish! ) When he was fixing his own slice of toast, he started slathering margarine on it, which has always been his habit. I asked him if he REALLY wanted that much. He didn't!!! Another thing he does is congratulate me on every lost pound, or half a pound for that matter, and he NOTICES. He points out things I don't notice and yesterday when I put on a pair of shorts that are a size smaller then what I've been wearing, he noticed. It's so good to have a cheerleader like him!!!

The bottom line I guess is that for the first time in my life, I actually feel like I can do it!! So, when you are down, or you've gone up a pound, remember that...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't give up! We might have setbacks, but that doesn't mean we have to give up, and we might get bored with the food, but that's okay. Talk to your counselor if you are bored with what you are eating. LA has lots a recipes available to "spice up" the choices. WE CAN DO IT!!!! And keep the end result in mind. I already have so much more energy, and it shows in small ways. Getting up off the couch faster, or being less groggy in the mornings. It's baby steps maybe, but you gotta walk before you run!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 07:36 PM   #38  

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone is still here plugging away. I have been off program for a couple weeks...gained of course but now I am back starting Jet Start tomorrow. My motivation is back now, I think I just needed a break. I am sorry that some are having a hard time. I had lost 93 lbs doing LAWL. So now I am ready to do the rest of it and reach my goal. It can be done. I have been on every diet there is and this is the one that worked for me. Once you stray it is hard to get back on program, I know, I am struggling with that myself, but I am ready to get back and behave myself.

Lorrie
Old 08-03-2001, 11:22 AM   #39  

Marcie, thanks for the juice info! I haven’t decided if I am doing it or not. I have a friend who may join LA today. If she does I get the $20 credit. I will use that for juice maybe.

Karen M, Great Job on the loss. My wedding ring is so lose now it needs to be resized. That is such a wonderful feeling isn’t it?

Sue, I am glad you are OK. I have a supportive hubby as well and it really helps. He keeps telling me how good I am doing. He also keeps telling me he thinks I look perfect right now. He doesn’t think I need to lose anymore. Funny thing is know he loves me just like I am gives me a boost and makes me want to keep going. I really can’t explain why I guess I feel safe because I look good now.

Lorrie, Way to go 93 pounds is a lot and you should be proud!!! I have less than 20 to go and I am so excited. Sometimes I can’t imagine that I lost over 80 pounds. I keep looking at our puppy because he now weighs 80 pounds. It is so amazing I lost that much. Great Job! You can do it!

Well, ladies I weighed in today and lost ¾ of a pound. Not too bad since I was on vacation. I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!!

Karen
Old 08-03-2001, 12:10 PM   #40  

Unhappy

Wow Karen you have done great as well. You are still doing great and that is wonderful. 20 lbs to go, you must really be looking good. Way to go!!!! I have about 50 to go now as I had put on about 10. Anyway, I am back motivated to lose the rest and that is what counts. I will do it this time. I will make my goal. I am staying positive.

Lorrie
Old 08-04-2001, 03:30 PM   #41  

Angry Back on track!

Hey everyone!

Well things are looking up here! I got a temp job that pays 10.00 an hour until a staffing agency can find me something more permanent. They called on Friday and said they had a great job lead for me and would set up an interview for me next week. Today we had a garage sale with 2 other families and made over 300.00 total. We made over 200.00. This helped pay 3 bills. I feel like things are going much and better and I am so ready to get back on track. Tomorrow is the day and I know I can do it! I feel much more confident about everything! Anyway...just wanted to let you all know that I am back and ready to lose this stinkin weight!!

Karen M, you have done so well! Keep up the good work!
Lorrie, don't worry about your gain! You are back here and raring to go again!! Good luck!
Sue, I am glad you don't have to go off the program and dont worry about the gain..I am sure it is from the anthesia. You are learning new things everyday about your strength to beat this!!

Here's to tomorrow ladies and all of us losing this week!!
Marcie
Old 08-05-2001, 12:53 AM   #42  

Hi guys
Sorry I haven't posted lately---haven't been staying on track. Actually, I haven't gone to weigh in --in two weeks. What I think is strange--they haven't called me--usually they call if you missed a week. Anyway, I weighed myself the other day--and I have stayed the same. I better go in Monday--I know I am going to start PMSing and I don't want to have weight gain because of that.
Happy to see that you are all getting your acts together----HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Have got to start getting motivated again.
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Good Luck to everyone
Take Care
Margaret
Old 08-05-2001, 11:47 AM   #43  

Hi Margaret....

You can get back on program. Just bite the bullet, go in and get weighed. Then you can start fresh. Just keep thinking how great it will feel to get into the smaller clothes. How good it will feel to look in the mirror and like what you see. You can do it. We all are struggling, but if we stick together and help each other, we can do it.

Lorrie

P.S. I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I will be glad to be getting off the Jetstart.
Old 08-06-2001, 09:01 AM   #44  

Hi, ladies! I hope all of you ahd a good weekend! I got sick so mine was tough. I feel better now and I am ready to be On Plan.

Lorrie, thanks so much! I have been working hard and I am getting a little bored but I am still trying!

Well, I ahve to go now. Today is hubby's birhtday and we are busy! I ahve to go weigh in also.

Karen
Old 08-06-2001, 09:37 AM   #45  

Wow Karen, you have lost 82 lbs so far? That is great. I know that it gets really hard when you are down to the last few lbs to go. I have been battling with that also. But I am back being motivated now so I am ready to get the rest off.

I am finally finished with Jet Start....thank goodness. I will be weighing in at 12:00 today so hopefully I have a good jump start on losing now. See you all tonight with the results. LOL

Lorrie
Closed Thread