Old 01-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #16  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Sheila I dont get it. When I signed up for my program they said I would have the weight loss period then stabilization period and then the maintenance. And they said that if I stay within 5 lbs up or down of my goal weight that it was okay. They also said that if I check in once a week during the first 6 months of maintenance that I will get a quarter of my money back and if i keep it up for the second 6 months then I get another quarter back so I get back half my money and its okay if I lose an extra 5 lbs. Did your center tell you this? Because then if you are only looking to lose 5 more pounds I dont know why they would make you buy more weeks when its okay during maintenance to lose up to 5lbs more.

Gymgirl ~ My center is awesome they dont push the bars. Granted I told them that I couldnt have dairy so they told me I would just do Purple with no Lites. But I have noticed with other clients that they dont push any of the products on them. Even the supplements. They wanted me to buy fish oil and I told them I had some at home and they were like okay thats fine then use those. They are great!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #17  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

30lbsby22...I think that Sheila's plan is different...she didn't purchase the entire program that included stabilization and maintenance. She just bought ten pounds worth of WL...am I right, Sheila?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #18  

30lbsby22 - I guess the program I got is totally different then most. It was basically just a 5 week weight loss program that did not include stabilization or maintenance.

I paid like $250, but that included everything, TO and bars for the full 5 weeks.

So I went to the other center at lunch and they told me the same thing - basically I have to sign up for a "full" program to get stab & maint. They broke down what I paid already for bars, etc and that leaves $50 basically that I paid just for the weeks alone. So they said they would put that towards another program.

They gave me 2 options - one for $249 for up to 20 lbs to lose, but I can really only go to 133, so about 8 lbs from where I am now. (which is about 4 lbs from my goal for the 5 week program) and also includes 6 weeks stab.

Or I can do another program for $349 that includes getting to 133 and then stabilization and one year maint.

I sure did not want to spend another $300 more, plus bars, but I could see where the second option would be nice considering if DH and I are having another baby I will get pregnant this year hopefully so that time I have will be put on hold and then I can pick back up. I certainly want to lose the baby weight right away this time versus 2 1/2 years later.

I am sure DH is not going to be happy about $300 more, but what do I do? I am afraid I wuit them cold turkey right after 5 weeks and start adding things back in myself and I will gain right back. What would any of you do?

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #19  

Yes, emmysmom, you are corrrect, I didn't get all of that to begin with...and should have asked more questions. I did ask something along "So after I do my 5 weeks and want to lose more, I can purchase more weeks?" Yes, they said, but of course that can be meant in different ways right! So my fault too for not being more specific.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #20  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

If I were in your shoes, I would do the $349. My reasoning is because you mentioned having another baby. Putting the program on hold and going back after the baby is born is a wonderful plan...that way you're pretty much covered rather than having to worry about it later. And you'll be motivated to lose that baby weight right away. Plus you'll get to lose those extra 5 pounds now...so that's my vote.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #21  
LA counselor

I think you need to read your contract. I'm a counselor and know that the policies and Service Agreements vary by franchise but with the specials like those in our centers they have no mant. or stab. and to get renewal weeks you do have to be on a full service program. Also, talking to the manager will help; sometimes they see the things like losing a client is worse than bending the rules.
lagirl2254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #22  

Gymgurl- They cant make me tell, that is my dirty lil' secret.

If it works for them who cares where the bars or info comes from lets just get this fat off!!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #23  

shelia, you should also talk to the cod about if you can buy WL weeks in the middle of maintenance because by the time you go on hold, you will probably be in maintenance and not WL.

good luck
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #24  

Shennie,

You are correct, I would have to buy more WL weeks after I had a baby to lose whatever I wanted and then go back to my maint. I did verify that since I wasn't so clear when I signed up!

Sheila