Old 08-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #1  

Default Favorite foods on LAWL

I would like to know what is everyone's favorite food on LAWL. I am new to the program-on week 3-and have lost 11 lbs so far. I am excited. I like to diversify my foods and want some new ideas.

Here are mine:

La Tortilla Factory tortillas in Garlic and Herb flavor sprayed with ICBINB spray

Rice cake with peanut butter

Saltine crackers with Lite Laughing Cow Cheese

Non-fat vanilla yogurt with frozex mixed berries

Zuchini and squash sauteed with PAM and Mrs Dash

Ya'll are a great resource, a great inspiration and I am tremendously and extremely happy I found this site!

Chrisy
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #2  

Hey, Chrisy - glad that you found us! Most of us hang out on the monthly thread, so come on in and join us. . .

My fave thing that I've discovered while on LAWL - my sliced apple nuked with about 1 tsp of sf jam, and then mixed with yogurt, and peanuts. It's a F, D, Fat and 1 free food.

I'm with you on the laughing cow wedges - sometimes they are hard to find, though.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  
234/165.8/160

hmmm...that's a tough one...I've been doing this for about year and do lots of grilled chicken salads, but i eat out for lunch just about everyday and everyone's salad is just a little bit different ;-) So here are my favorite on plan restaurant lunches...

Longhorn-Salmon, rice and broccoli
Buffalo Wild Wings-Grilled chicken salad, lite italian dressing and a side of medium BBQ sauce
Red Lobster-Grilled Talapia, salad with FF vinagrette, veggies (and sometimes potato)
Chili's-Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad-low fat balsamic dressing on the side
Burger King-Angus Burger, no cheese no bacon, eat bottom half of bun with side salad and low fat dressing (they use Kraft Light Done Right)
Smokey Bones-Turkey breast, broccoli and apples
Don Pablos-Low Carb Fajita Steak Salad, i get ranch dressing because the rest of them are awful....and you have to have strong willpower to avoid chips and margaritas
Outback-Filet, veggies and salad-no bread

At home I like cheese omlettes with salsa, tilapia (on the foreman grill with some Mrs. Dash or taragon and dill), more chicken, scallops and hamburgers with light colby/jack shredded cheese...yum.

I also have been keeping sliced stawberries with a little splenda in the fridge and having a dollop of fat free cool whip as a dessert. I also keep lots of fresh fruits (bananas, apples, pears, nectarines, grapes and raisins-in a pinch) around. We do a lot of broccoli and cauliflower in the black and decker steamer (if you don't have one of these, go right now and get one...my favorite small appliance)....we also do asparagus in it. I buy cucumbers and celery for snacking and also bags of fresh green beans, pop in bag in the microwave for a couple of minutes and perfect!

I love food...

Jen

PS. I almost forgot peanut butter with 1/2 english muffin most mornings for breakfast!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #4  

I also like to use cinnamin sugar on my toast-use splenda and cinnamin in a shaker and shake it on lite bread!

Chrisy

Thanks for the posts!
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditgirl
Burger King-Angus Burger, no cheese no bacon, eat bottom half of bun with side salad and low fat dressing (they use Kraft Light Done Right)
Why don't you try just eating the top of the bun? The bottom has soaked up all the grease from the burger already....... I did that with my chicken sandwiches/burgers.

I can finally eat an entire bun! It took awhile to get used to eating it all again. I have tossed half of so MANY! And, I still do if the bottom is greasy....

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-30-2005 at 04:41 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 4"

I like shrimp, whitefish, scallops, salmon, filet mignon, chuck roast, ground sirloin, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, eggs, broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, baby carrots, brown rice, wheat pasta, lite wheat bread, lite wheat buns, melba toast, bananas, strawberries, raisins, and reduced fat cheese.

Since maintenance, I have enjoyed my bacon, salami, cake, pie, light ice cream, croutons, biscuits, and cornbread.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote