Old 08-02-2005, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Who determines the goal weight at LAWL?

Hi all,

I'm new here and have spent the last couple hours reading some of the older LAWL and friends forums. A good friend of mine lost about 50 lbs on LAWL and that has inspired me to jump start the diet thing again. I really need to.

I'm interested in LAWL b/c it worked for my friend and because I don't like the public weigh-ins at WW. But I have a couple of questions/concerns that I was hoping some of you 'experts' could help answer. ;-)

1). I know at LAWL you pay up front for the weight you need to lose. Who sets the goal? Do you, or do they? I have to lose a lot (like 150lbs probably, I'm embarrassed to say ) and there's no way I can afford to pay up front for that much weight.

2). The closest center is near my work, not my home. I commute to work about 45 minutes away, and don't work every day. I know they want you to come in 3+ times a week but that probably just won't work for me. It's okay w/ me if I void the guarantee of whatever, but are they going to give me a lot of crap for this?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you've got!

Lynn

Last edited by LynnRoo; 08-02-2005 at 11:55 PM.
LynnRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #2  
138 POUNDS GONE!

I don't have alot of advice except that you CAN lose 150 pounds with LA WL...I lamost have!
MaureenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #3  

Maureen,

WOW!! Congratulations on that! Do you mind if I ask how long it has taken (You don't have to tell me if you don't want, obviously!) I'm in no rush--this time around it's for health reasons and energy (opposed to past diets that have been more for "cute clothes").

Thanks for replying; your story is definitely motivational!
Old 08-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #4  

Lynn - You determine how much weight you want to lose. Figure that they say 2 pounds per week, so if you wanted to lose 100 pounds you would contract for 50 weeks of wt. loss, 6 weeks stabilization, and 52 weeks maintenance. You can lessen the weeks of maintenance, and there are promotions throughout the year for you to earn extra weeks, purchase extra weeks, whatever. As for the 3 times a week weigh-in, you'd have to check with the center. I know that at mine, you have to go 3 times for a while, and if you do okay, they will work with you to come in less times per week. When winter comes, I may see about going in twice a week if the weather is really bad. It's only 12 miles to my center and most of it is freeway, but my street often freezes and I can't get out. I am trying to lose as much as I can before winter sets in.

Maureen - You have a new picture! Cute!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #5  

Thanks, everyone!

I was also wondering about the TO juice. They put you on that right at the beginning, right? I'd prefer not to bother with that (it's expensive, I'd lose mostly water weight, and I can find other alternatives to the juice). Can I just tell them I want to opt out of that and not do it, starting instead with the regular program?

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 08-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #6  

Oh, Regina-
I used to live in OK, too, for a few years. I was in Norman (doing grad work at OU). I miss it sometimes, but I DON'T miss the heat! :-)