Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #31  

Hey Diane,

I sure wish I was off for any period of time. I really feel like I need a vacation, it's been way to long but then I also want to wait until I get my new body.

I haven't been able to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather today, I've been in the office working all day, just decided to take a break and check-in.

It's off to work again!

Have a great day off!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 04:52 PM   #32  

Kimbo:
I did not feel like doing anything today, I feel like I wasted the day, but it got to hot to quick. I had things to do, but no energy to do it. I had trouble with some ice pops today, I could have been worse, I am trying not to make such a big deal of it.
Diane
Old 06-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #33  

Default I've missed posting!

Hello girls,

I've had some company from out of town and it's been a little hectic here.

I'm at a total loss of 6lbs. It looks like I'm losing slowly but they say I'm on the right track.

I must say that the change in my plan from Gold to Red, threw me for a loop. I had a few days during that transition that I ate a little more carbs than I should have. (Bread, my weakness).

Now I'm back on track. I have to go out of town on Thursday and I'm going to take my snacks with me and eat grilled chicken.
I've learned it's the planning that helps me get through this.

Okay, I'm going to go back and read all the posts again. I didn't get to read through them the first time.

Your reports of success help me achieve mine. Thank you.

skychick

To repeat Kim's inspirational phrase;

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
Old 06-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #34  

Good morning ladies,

And it's been a lovely morning so far. I worked out with the PT for an hour and 30 minutes on my own so I really feel like I got a good workout. The bad news is, my PT decided to take the tour for the next 10 weeks. I'm happy and sad at the same time, he's great to workout with and I believe he really has your best interest at heart. Another one of my girlfriends workout with him so today we're both feeling blue about him leaving.

Hopefully, this will give me time to save money so when he get's back I'll be able to hire him again. He's really helped me to build muscles, which I didn't have and that makes you lose weight faster. Oh well, no need to keep on about a done deal. Hopefully, I'll be able to get him back in Sept/Oct of this year.

Diane-Believe me, it's not a wasted day. You needed that day so just enjoy it, we don't get to many.

Skychick-congrats on the 6lbs and I know what you mean, sometimes I have to go back and read previous post to get me motivated again. That's why it's important that we continue to do so, it's a great encouragement to all of us. Also, Skychick, I plan my meals from morning to night, this is how I stay honest and don't cheat so do what works for you and have a nice time out of town on Thursday.

Always remember where are strength come from!

Old 06-25-2003, 12:54 PM   #35  

Kimbo:
So are you going with another trainer or did he give your money back?
Skychick I think we all go through tough times wanting those starches especially on this plan.
Diane
Old 06-26-2003, 12:09 AM   #36  

Default Hi girls...

I am getting my stuff together for my trip in the morning.

I'm taking your advice Kim...I'm planning from morning to night.

You are so right! It helps to have a plan to eat in advance!

Diane...I'm glad that craving those starches are pretty normal.
I was getting worried.

I'll go weigh on Saturday. I feel like I'm at a stuck point...
I'm exercising like a mad woman. (6 miles a day power walking) and eating the plan.
The weight I've hit is one that I was stuck at for many years.

I hope it's not the weight that my body is remembering and is going to fight me on budging...

Everyone sounds like they are doing so good.

Your strength, pulls me through... Thank you sooooo much!

skychick
Old 06-26-2003, 08:33 AM   #37  

Good morning ladies!

I had a very early rise this morning so it will tell on me by mid-day. I had to ride in with DH so I can pick-up the car we had work done on, so this morning I was up at 3:30AM trying to get myself and him ready for the work.

The lady who opens the gym in the morning was running late this morning so my motivation to workout took a dive but thank goodness I was able to get it back. I had a good workout this morning 70 minutes of cardio, but I'm yarning now!

I'm so excited, DH & I got information regarding a cruise we want to go on for our anniversary in Nov. Today I put down the deposit. We'll be gone thanksgiving week with another couple from our church and I'm so looking forward to it. 7 days to Hatti, Jamaca, Mexico & the Camian Islands, I'm loving it already. This also gives me the inspiration to get the rest of this weight off, I don't want to carry this around on the cruise. Anyway, I'm excited

Diane-I will talk to the trainer today or tomorrow about how I'm going to handle my last 5 sessions. He has recommended a trainer but I don't believe he's the same level as my PT and I do have some issues with that. He will either give me more sessions or reimburse my money, which ever they prefer. I would like to finish up these sessions just because I might not be able to afford my PT when he gets back but we'll see.

Skychick-Have a great trip today and always remember, plan, plan and plan some more. It really makes a difference.

Well, I came in the office early to day to get a head start on things and because I felt 70 minutes of exercise was enough. Until later on, have a great OP day!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #38  

Kimbo:
I don't know how you make it through the day getting up at 3:30. So are the car troubles finished? You must be excited planning vacation, how long have you been married for?
The past couple a days I have been lazy sticking to plan, today so far I am doing well.
Diane
Old 06-26-2003, 04:25 PM   #39  

Hey Diane,

It's will be 6 yrs! Who would have ever thought I would even get married. I always wanted to but it seamed like I was running into a lot of looser. Anyway, when I met him, I had decided to enjoy life and live the rest of my life as a single. We both are so excited about this trip! This will be our first cruise.

The car troubles are over, I just need to pick-up the car. It was ready yesterday, $425 dollars, what a kick in the mouth after putting $3,000 in this vehicle 3 weeks ago! It still hurts really bad. It's a benz and it's my DH fault, he doesn't pay attention to the warning signs and I don't usually drive that car, boy was I mad at him . It was 3 months of him ignoring a light saying check cooling system. Anyway, you learn through the years that you must let go of things or it just hurts the marriage.

I'm tired but it's been a very busy day. I wanted to check in before leaving this evening, I'll be here until 6ish, what a long day! 3:30 is not a good time for me in the morning but we do what we have to.

Anyway, it's OK that you didn't workout, at least you stayed OP, I think that's most important, getting OP can throw you far back but exercising you can make up.

Today's another day.

I'll write tomorrow, have a great day!
Old 06-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #40  

Wow Kimbo:
It took me longer than that to learn to let things go. I would not say anything if there was a problem but I would not let it go either and that ended up effecting my weight. I think maybe I am finally maturing in my marriage it just took me a while.
Diane
Old 06-27-2003, 04:13 PM   #41  

Hey Diane

I thought I better write before leaving today. It's been such a hectic day here at the office, I'm so ready to go home! My bosses boss is a character and sometimes I feel like she's out to get us, as a department!

This woman must be one of the devils angels! She is never satisfied and we just do report after report so she can take a red pen and mark it up.

Diane, I've learned to move on, it wasn't easy in the beginning but I've learned the hard way that you've got to let it go cause you will see that person everyday.

Anyway, you have a great weekend and I'll write next week.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:49 PM   #42  

Hi All:
Kimbo: did you get any rest this weekend? At least it did not rain for a change, just a little to hot.
I made it through the weekend without cheating 2nd weekend in a row. Now only if I can make it through the whole week that will be an accomplishment.
I will check in with you tomarrow.
Diane
Old 06-30-2003, 09:43 AM   #43  

Good morning Ladies....

How is everyone this sunny Monday morning?? I am totally exhausted. I threw my best friend a 30th b-day party yesterday and I am totally exhausted. Things went wonderful...everyone enojoyed themselfs sooo it was a success...but I am tired. And to be honest I was pretty good yesterday...I did eat cake but I was sooooo full from fruit that I could barely eat the cake. I asked that everyone bring a dish or salad and can you believe that most people brought fruit....so we had tons of fruit it was wonderful because it was hot and sunny yesterday...I rented a pavallion on Quantico Marine Base and the kids had a great time fishing and playing on the playground...it was a good time.

I weighed in on Saturday and I was down 2lbs and some ounces...but that is because TOM is gone...it is always that way...soooo i am pretty much staying the same...which is a good thing....I am not complaining.

Kim...Which cruise line are you going on?? Me and hubby visited the same islands for our honeymoon. We went on the Royal Carribean...Voyeagur of the Seas....and it was wonderful...we went to Labadee, Haiti...then we went to Jamacia...you need to do dunn river falls...very excited and a great workout...kinda dangerous...and then we went to Grand Cayman...and then to Cozumel Mexico....I loved Royal Carribean cruise line...it was sooo much fun...tons of things to do...we actually did too much and we wore ourselfs out...we know better the next time...*smile*.....we are looking into doing another one for our one year anniversary....and we are going to cruise with royal carribean again but do different islands.....we want to go in October...but...with my husband schedule we might not make it...so we have been talking about going to Las Vegas...

Diane...Wow....2 weekends in a row without cheating....that is great...you deserve a medal...I wish I had that control...I used too but it is slowly leaving me....

Well hope everyone enjoys their day and I will check in later...
Old 06-30-2003, 09:54 AM   #44  

HI Tab:
I wish I had a nice loss for being good two weekends in a row, but I seem to be maintaining, And that is not something I want to do right now.
Diane
Old 07-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #45  

Good afternoon ladies,

What a weekend and a day. I didn't come in the office on Monday, I've been suffering with this acid reflex problem I'm having. I'm going to the doctor on tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to do something about it. It's really annoying, expecially at night. I'm eating extra light these days, even though I new I had it, it's never really bothered me that bad but for the last week or so it's been off the hook, literally!

Anyway, this morning was my first day with the new trainer and I really wasn't pleased. I need to reset my mind and remember every PT has there own style. I felt like I needed to work-out after the session. Also, my old PT called me this morning from CA to see how my session went and I told him I wasn't real pleased with it. The PT doesn't seam to be knowledgeable of the muscles, he never once used the apropriate names, which I thought was strange and not as personable as the first PT I had. Maybe he's just testing me for the 1st session, I'll see on Thrusday and judge from there. Anyway, I feel like I need to work out again today, so I just might go to an aerobic class tonight.

Tab-That's the cruise we're going on! Booked the reservations last week. Everything sounds great and we're going with another couple so this should be fun! It's our first cruise so we are excited. Make sure you tell me all the things we should do while there, nothing dangerous, I want to come back alive! This is giving me the incentive I need to get at least 40lbs off by Nov but I'll be on my own putting into practice all that the PT has taught me. I'm also considering water aerobics, it's something different.

I'm feeling bloated cause of the acid, I can't wait till I go to the doctors office tomorrow, I hate feeling like this and I've only had a boiled egg & a couple slices of bacon this morning.

Anyway, I'm making it a quite day today, I can't deal with a to much today with my stomach and all so if they don't want me to leave early, then they better leave me alone.

Until later ladies, have a great afternoon!

Hi Diane, hope all is well!
Closed Thread