LA Weightloss #67

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Kimbo
    How are you going to eat all that food? Feel better.
    Diane
  • Well,, I weighed intoday and lost another 2 lbs..yeah me!!!! When you see the progress, it really helps. So, now am back to wear I was when I started LA 3 months ago...AAAARRRRRGGGGG. O.k.. maybe now I can get past my BIG MISTAKE. So, I got pumped and stayed on plan the rest of the day...I bought new work out sneakers . I got some nice Nike cross trainers that were on sale for $40.

I also went to walmart and bought a women's daily multivitamin and Vitamin B Complex (it is said to help with seratonin levels and with matabolism). From what I have been reading, it is important for our "dieting"bodies to get extra nutrients that we may be missing. So we shall see. I am also gonna try that seasilver (maybe next month).

Kimbo..ouch. All I can say is that as odd as this might sound...working out your sore muscles will probably make them feel better. Just be sure to stretch some tonight before you go to bed.

Diane..how are you doing??? With the three day over, how did you do?

Tab...since you had such success with this program...I have to ask a real silly question. When you would cook up your protein...how did you make it.? For example, if you had chicken...did you add any spices to it, or marinades. I just can not stomach plain chicken or beef. Any ideas or suggestions would be sooo appreciated.

I am still hungry....but I try to think of it as my body eating a way at my MUCH stored fat cells, instead of me feeding my hunger with more fat. I duno, sometimes it helps. But, boy, I am CRABBY. I hope this passes soon..(and I am sure huby does too)

Well....I will check back in the AM

Gina
  • Tab....I found this link that I thought you may find interesting, inspirational by the same token...ya know since you are now in maintanance.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=27552
  • Hi Everyone:
    Gina I did not do as well as I wanted to. I ended up at my sisters house on Mother's day so I did not finish through with the three day.
    I've been struggling a bit this week trying to stay focused and on plan. I don't know if its I'm really hungry or just fighting the menu plan. I guess I am feeling the crabbyness to and have to get over it.
    Diane
  • Good Morning all,

I am happy to say that today is the 3rd day of my 3-day starch free diet and I have lost the 5# that I gained over the weekend.

Kim- That's an awful lot of calories, I'd say to stick to LAWL guidelines and just add an extra protein or starch to loose weight.

Diane- You can do it! Fight it! We can get through this hump together, because i feel the need to snack as well, but the weather is heating up and snacks never got me anywhere other than down. It's such a nasty cycle isn't it? Come on girl!

Gina- Congrats, congrats! I know it's frustrating to have to loose the weight already lost before, but at least it's over w/ and now you can start from here!

Kathy
  • Diane....
    I don't know what is up with both of us...but ya know what....I too fight this menue plan. My Goodness...wouldn't it be a lot easier if we both just LET GO and GO with it.....I wish someone would help me do that. Mother's day was hard for me too.

Well....stay focused. Do you use the fat chick's journal?? I have started up again...and it has helped some. Please get online and chat...or leave me a private message if you need extra support. I get like that at least 5 times a day. Hang in there. We promised each other that we can do this..remember, and more importantly..we promised ourselves.

How is every one else this morning?

Gina
  • Kathy...5 lbs...that is superb. Wow...I don't think I could loose that much if I just eliminated starches...that is great. Are you also eliminating sugar? Give me an example of your menu.

I once did OA (overeaters anonymous) and I did a starch free, sugar free, flour free diet. It wasn't easy...but I also had to stick to a strict plan. Let me know if you need any suggestions...I will try to help.

Gina
  • Gina, have you tried the 3-day diet? Here's a sample of my diet from:

memu- 5/12
    breakfast- 2eggs, 3 slice turkey bacon, 1slice cheese
    Lunch-4oz chicken, salad, dressing diet soda, SF jello
    Dinner- Gyro, meat and veggies only, tossed the pita, diet soda, SF jello

I just stick w/ meat and veggies and have sugar free jello to keep me from going crazy.

I completely cut sugar out of my diet, sugar is starch. What's a sample of your diet?

I'm still at my bounce around weight I need to loose 3# to be out of my cycle.

kathy
  • Good morning ladies,

It's been a rough morning, I worked out with the PT and I'm still hurting from Monday! I really didn't think I would get through the workout this morning but I did. Mind you, I am still hurting badly but I'm hopeful this pain won't last always.

I've realized that 3 times a week is 1 workout to much. I'm so glad to be going to twice a week starting next week. I feel so uncoordinated, this workout was completely different from the first. Still working the same muscles but in a different way. How have I gone so long without a PT. I've used the equipment so poorly over my tenure of working out that I just feel shame.

He made me do mountain climbing this morning. I had to put my hands on the bunch, which was very low and then move my body as if I was running, this was painful. I'll difinately give it to him, he is good!

I'm barely getting around this morning and just took 2 ibuprofen for the stiffness so I hope this works. This morning I was getting out of my car like I was a hundred years old.

As they say, no pain, no gain

Kitkat--my girl, 5 lbs. you go on with your bad self . I new you could do it, it just takes a little patience on are part, which we don't always have but we're here to support each other. You're right, I think I'm going back to LAWL next week & adding to extras. With this kinda workout I think I'm going to need it.

Diane & Gina--congrats on your losses! ...and Gina, thanks for that great link for Tab, I took a look and it was great! It always help when you can see how far someone else has come and what they have achieved.

Tab--How's stabilization today? Let's take it one day at a time and you'll be all right.

Until later on, have a great day.
  • Hi everyone:
    You guys are the best. I just get tired of all that protein sometimes. I need to keep the variety going I know, but sometime its just yuck. Gina and Kathy I remember my promise don't worry I am going to fight through this. Thanks for the reminder. Kathy great going.
    Kimbo feel better, I don't envy you at all. How is the food going?
    Diane
  • Diane..I have to laugh..because that is my issue too. I mean, how much chicken can a person eat. I am not a huge meat eater, or fish, so...I am so there with ya. We are going through the same stuff..it is scary..LOL

Kathy...your diet pretty much is the same one I used to follow on OA. It is a tough one...but I saw results. I was also allowed to eat oatmeal...and stuff like that.

Today was a tough day for me. I think the LAlites are gonna be the death of me. Seriously, I ate way over my 2 limit for today. Can we say obsessive?????? Well...I better fix up my day and have some more water...LOL

This loosing weight thing is for the birds someimes (hmmmm, maybe birds have agood thing going....they eat like a bird...and I have never seen an over weight bird...LOL)

Check back later.

Gina

P.S....as I stare at my new sneaker box...The Nike logo just SCREAMS at ME.....JUST DO IT....
  • Hello Ladies...

Seems everyone is doing great....

Kitkat...Wow...5lbs that is awesome...I can go without the startches such as bread and potatoes my hard times is with the sugar...I just crave it sooo much. Like yesterday I know I am allowed 3 startches but I only ate 1...and the funny thing is I don't lose when I do that...sometimes I just don't want the startch. Keep up the good work...How long do you plan to go startch/sugar free?

Kim....You Go Girl...as they say the second day is always the worst. Just make sure to stretch won't help too much with the soreness but will help prevent injuries. Keep taking the advil it will releive some of the soreness. That is alot of calories but if you are working out that hard you might need those extra calories. Try it and see what happens. If you see a gain you can always cut back. I am hanging in there...stabilization is a day to day thing...I am not real excited about it. I mean I love the fact that I lost the weight...but I keep asking myself..."Now what"

Monkeybabies...Yes the menu is tough. You had asked about my protein intake...to be honest I don't think I get enough sometimes. I am not a big meat eater. Like if I have a salad I will add boiled eggs to get my protein. I love the boca burgers and the morning star burgers...lots of flavor. I pretty much follow the menu to a T. I just add in my sweets which is really bad. And now that I am at stabilization...I find that I am adding more than I should. My husband loves Oreos and of course I have been eating 1, 2 or maybe 5 sometimes...and I need to stop. But it is sooo hard. I am on the red plan so for breakfast I am allowed 1/2 proten, startch, and fruit, lunch is 1 protein, startch, fruit, 2 veggies...and dinner is same as lunch. And being on stabilization I can add 1 extra dairy and some more veggies. I always eat more veggies. But I have done this menu for 6 months now and I find myself looking at what other people are eating and be like darn...they are having all their startches for the next week in one meal. I use the Luna Bars as treats...if I cheat on the diet I don't get a treat....and I always save one for the evening cause that is when I have the urge to snack

Well I went to my first weigh in yesterday and of course I was up 1.2lbs...who knows what is going on? I just get sooo fustrated that I am not going to think about it. I mean I cheat but I don't cheat enough to gain 1lb. Also, I looked at my pill pack and I start TOM in 12 days....I can't believe it is that time again. I always seem to gain 2 weeks before and then I have a good losing spell for 2weeks....so the next 2weeks will not be...

Sorry to keep blabbing on...I just get fustrated at times like this. I hope I make this stabilization...I get more food added this Saturday I will keep you posted. I am off work till monday after today...so everyone have a great weekend and I will try to check back in before I leave.
  • Hi All:
    Tab thats what we are hear for to let you blabb all you want.
    Gina you are defenitly scaring me, I have trouble with eating to many of the bars also. Start using those sneakers. Do you enjoy exercise when you get yourself to do it?
    Diane
  • Good afternoon ladies!
    It has been a rough day starting early this morning. I worked out on my own but I needed to go into the office early so I left my house at 4:30A to get to the gym by 5A to be at work by 7A. I had an OK workout but my job today has been hectic, meeting after meeting and I'm tired from getting up so early this morning.

Today I'm not as sore but there's still tomorrow when I have my last session for this week and next week it will only be twice and I'm looking forward to that. My thighs feel so much better today, still a little sore but nothing like what it was. My upper arms and near the back and breast muscles are still quite sore but I can deal with that a lot better than the thighs. Everytime I got up, walked, tryed to use the bathroom, I was hurtiing some kinda bad. No pain, no gain--that's what I keep telling myself.

Hi Tab-I was reading my balley's daily fitness tip today and I believe you need this today:

"Perhaps it’s time for us to stop “losing weight”…and to start
    “reducing body fat” instead.

Experts say our percentage of body fat is generally a better
    measure of our fitness and health status than our weight is. And,
    in fact, the scale can be quite misleading. For example, through
    exercise and a healthy diet, we can build muscle and become
    leaner – yet be discouraged by a scale that suggests we haven’t
    made much progress. Likewise, the scale can fool us into
    believing we’ve made strides with lost pounds, when in reality
    we’ve simply lost important muscle mass.

The words we use make a big difference in how we perceive our
    goals. “Reducing body-fat percentage” may not exactly roll off
    the tongue…but it could give us a sounder perspective on what it
    really means to be fit."

I hope this helps, I don't believe it's weight you need to lose. I believe you said you're wearing a size 6 or 8. That is very small no matter you height. Focus on stabilization and not continue to lose. You have an advantage knowing that you gain weight 2 weeks prior to that TOM, you know how much it is and can pretty much expect that gain. Try to stay encourage.

Anyway, I believe the article is a good read for everyone so please enjoy and I'll write tomorrow.

Hello, Diane, Gina & Kathy. I hope all is well with you ladies!
  • Kimbo....good little article. I agree..but I don't always think in those terms. It is hard, I think, especially when you need to weigh yourself 3 X a week..to not think like that. I am so into the scale says...and if it goes up and down. I need to focus taht I am making a life change here...and reguardless if the scale moves (but hopefully it will) I am getting healthy. I am already feeling way better....and I have only been consistent for 1 week. I can't imagine what I will feel like in a month.

A lot of you seem to excersise....I really need to lace up those new sneakers of mine I am not a fan of exercise...but I know once I start..I will get addicted. I do like to walk...and I just received my new double baby jogger from ebay...so I will be able to get around a lot more easier with the kids.

It was an ok day...stayed on plan. What kind of yogurt do you guys eat???? Do you really only use plain? Just wondering....Hope everyone has a Happy Friday. Chat soon