Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:06 AM   #46  

When I first started LA I would plan out a weeks worth of menus and write them in my journal......then stick to it! I always did it in pencil, so I could change it if I needed to.

Now...every night after dinner I plan the next days meals. I do that so I can pack my lunch for work! It works really well for me. Plus I know what I need to thaw out for dinner.

I am on vacation this week, so I need to keep my self busy or I will binge eat. Ugh. I have tons of appts for wedding things and plans with a couple friends. Hopefully I will be good!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:34 AM   #47  

Ugh...I had a terrible food day on Sunday. We ate out twice...both times at places without salads! It is SOOOO hard to eat out on plan...regardless of what their stupid commercial says.

I am going to my parents for the day today and spending the night. I am anxious to see what Mom will be cooking! I am sure it will not be good for me. At least I am starting the day off right! I will do my best and eat off plan stuff in moderation.

I have a feeling weigh in will not be so good tuesday.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:39 AM   #48  

Hello Everyone!!

Well it is Monday morning...this is the hardest morning for me. I am always sooo tired and I have to drive carpool on Monday...ick.

Well I weighed in on Friday night...and believe it I was down 1.4lbs. I have no clue how that happened. I am at my lowest weight ever...that is that I remember. It is such a good feeling. I only have 5lbs to go. I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings but this Saturday we went to Atlantic City to go gambling. We had a great time. I packed a cooler with fruit. I figured if I had to eat off plan at least I would have good food choices. So I went and bought fresh pineapple, cantaloupes, strawberries, apples and oranges. I actually did OK until we hit the all you can eat buffet. I did OK...but....what I really splurged on was the dessert bar. I just love sweets. I am finding that I can pass on the pasta, bread and the potatoes but I can not give up my sweets. Sooooooo I will be shocked as to what the scales will say tonight after we weigh in.

Monkeybabies....I had been doing a semi body challenge for the last 11 weeks with some ladies from the gym. There are 10 ladies and we all put up $25 dollars. We put this in a pot and after 12 weeks the ladies that lose at least 5% of their body weight will split the pot. If you are the only one to lose the 5% you get the whole pot $250. We all weighed in on Jan 6th and we will weigh in again on March 17th. Only 7 more days. That is why I am upset with my self for eating all those desserts this past weekend. I think there are a couple of us that have lost our 5%....but we have a few that are struggling.

Jib.....When it comes to food I think I just think too much about it. I asked my husband what he thought of me losing this 30lbs he told me I looked great but he thinks that I am obsessive. I didn't see my self as obsessive but I guess I kinda am. I do plan out my meals. Not a week in advance but at least the night before. And that is because I pack my lunch for work everyday. I pretty much eat the same things on this diet. That is why the whole idea of maintenance scares me. I want to lose at least another 5lbs before I start. My husband is very supportive of me. He has watched me from the beginning. I kinda knew my husband in high school. But after 10 years we meet back up with each other at the gym. I was over 250lbs and he would come and talk with me each night on the treadmill. So everynight when I think he would be done working out I would get on a treadmill and hope he would come talk to me. So he has been there for me through all of this. He has watched me lose and regain and then lose again. I am very happy that I have someone like him by my side. Just like this trip to Atlantic City. I knew when we stopped at one of those rest stops that he wanted food. All the other people that were with us got bacon cheese burgers and fries or cinnabuns or pizza...but he said that we would eat our fruit and then have a good lunch/dinner. I told him to eat if he wanted to...but he said that he didn't want that stuff. He was not telling the truth he just wanted to support me. During this diet he has become more aware of what he is eating. He has never had a serious weight problem because he is so active. But I always cook something different for him. I will cook him the rice, potatoes and pasta. I just don't eat them. I know those foods are bad for me but that is no reason to keep them from him.

I could go on and on about this but.....yes I think I do have a problem I guess I am think I finally have a handle on what causes me to overeat and gain weight. This is a life long struggle.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #49  

Hi Everyone;
Marcie my Sunday was not good either I ate out a couple of times too. I tried the recipe you gave me on Friday I really enjoyed it. Did you get to go bike riding? I found Sunday to cold.
Tab I think we are all a little obsessive about food. I am finding since I gained some back I think about food more than I did before. Are you doing the stabilization part of it?
Diane
210/157.4/140
Old 03-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #50  

Hi Dianem1..

I have not started yet. I met my goal weight but I want to drop a few more pounds. I am actually afriad to start stabilization. I have always had to lose weight never stabilize my weight. I am very nervous about that part.

I ate out on Saturday and proably gained a pound or sooo. I ate so much sweet stuff. I didn't want the food just the desserts. I will find out tonight at weigh in...yikes
Old 03-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #51  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Tab..I am soo proud of you being so close to your goal....WOHOO way to go. I agree...stabilization is going to be a challeneg, just as the weight loss phase was.....it never stops being a challenge, does it? I am confident that you will do fine...you are such an inspiration. SInce you have such great success..let me ask you a few ?'s.....Do you ever get bored with your meal plan? How long has this weight loss journey taken you this time??? Did you ever feel like quitting and giving up?

I agree with diane..we all are a bit obsessive...that is what got us here in the first place...we obsessed..but made unwise food choices anyway.

Marcie...when is your wedding???? And ya know what..we all have those days...and I agree..eating out is tough.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #52  

Hi Monkeybabies....

Thank you.....just being able to post and chat with everyone helps me everyday....and if I was such a success I should be able to keep this weight off. I hope with LAWL it will teach me how to do that. I have never been on a program before so this is all new to me. I am excited and nervous all in the same since about stabilization.

Do I get bored?? YES...but I try to find new things. I am on the Red plan so I get a starch with every meal...thank goodness. I find myself eating lots of salad. I don't care for veggies that much. I have also found that I like the Boca Burgers and the Morning Star bugers. Last night I fixed turkey burgers on the grill. But first I sauteed some onion and green peppers and then mixed in with the meat. It gave turkey a whold different taste. I have all been eating the Grilled fish buy Gorton's...not too bad. And to be honest I don't really care for fish. I also will have ground turkey and then mix in a can of manwich sauce and then I just toast a piece of lite bread and I have an open faced turkey manwich sandwich. Believe me I try to be creative every meal. Dinners are hard...sometimes I just end up eating a salad. I have also looked into the vegetarian plan from LAWL. I think I could follow that because I sorta like the soy products.

Weightloss journey....This time it has only taken me 5 months to lose 32 lbs. My lowest weight every was 150 and then when the wedding/honeymoon I gained 23lbs. And now I am smaller than I have ever been in my life. And it feels wonderful. I am hoping to keep this weight off.

Quitting and giving up....No not really quitting...but cheating and eating what ever I want to YES. And sometimes I do that. I will just go totally off plan and eat a great meal. But I get back on plan the very next day and I will not cheat. Why I don't ever give up is because I know how good it feels to be this size and I remember what it was like to be over 250lbs. I made a promise to myself that I would not let that happen to me again. So when I regained some of that weight I started to get depressed and that is why I had to do something about it. When I joined LAWL we really didn't have the money...we are still trying to pay off wedding but my husband saw how miserable I was and said that he would stand behind me so I just did it. And to be honest when people tell me how great I look it gives me motivation to keep going. But I am afraid everyday that I will wake up and regain the weight. I still have a hard time looking in the mirror seeing a thin person. I still see someone overweight. I deal with that issue everyday. People tell me that I wear my clothes to big...but I think they fit fine. So I have a lot of mental things to deal with now and forever.

So how are you doing? You were starting back up today? If you ever need anything just let me know...I am here...this site really helps me.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:52 AM   #53  

Good Morning Ladies....

Just wanted to do a quick post. Weigh-in was not as bad as I expected. I was expecting at least a 1lb gain because of all the sweets I ate but I was only up 4oz. I will take that with a smile. I know I should not be happy but I splurged a little too much on the sweets this past Saturday.

OK...how is everyone doing? Waiting to hear from everyone!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #54  
You can do it!!!!

4oz is not bad Tab..not bad at all...Isn't funny how our body works...when we think we gained...we don't and when we think we didn't gain..we did. AHHHHH

Yes, I wasa supposed to start yesterday..but I am buying the 48 hour juice today at Walmart. I am glad that you post a lot...that totally helps me....although I wish this forum a was a bit busier. Have a great day.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #55  

Monkeybabies.....I too wish more people would post. We can't be the only ones following the LAWL plan on this site. When we have people that post it makes it interesting. I like to hear what other people are going through.

Once you get your juice and get started you are on the road to success!! Are you going to eat the green veggies, protein, and 2 eggs. This will help cleanse your body and you are ready for weightloss.

My body just processes sweets differently...if I would have cheated with breads and all I would have gained more. So like I said I will take the 4oz....*smile*
Old 03-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #56  

Hi,
I've been on vacation for 10 days. I think I gained 2 lbs. I go to weigh in on Mon. There is a very active LAWL board at Yahoo. I think I typed in LA weight loss support group. Try that site. I go back and forth between this one and that.
Kathie
Old 03-11-2003, 11:20 AM   #57  

Kathie351....Thanks for the information. Where did you go for vacation?? Someplace warm and sunny!!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #58  
You can do it!!!!

HI...I just bought the juice and I am ready to roar...HEHEHEHHEHE. I am gonna follow the protein..green veggie thing....

Oddly enough..I joined the yahoo support group and their were like no posts at all...and some one directed me to this site...HHHMMMM I am confused..it doesn't take much these days...LOL

Alright, this is my mini goal...12lbs before I go away to Bermuda in like 6 weeks..wooohooooooo no kids!!!!!!! Totally doable...
Old 03-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #59  

Monkeybabies....You have taken the first step...wooo hooo...You go Girl....*smile* 12lbs....6 weeks no problem....You can do it. We are here to help and motivate you.

Wow....Bermuda....sounds warm and sunny. My husband and I went to Bermuda about 2 years ago. I actually won the trip from a local radio station. It is a beautiful place. But very expensive. Good thing I won the contest they paid for all our meals. And we got to go to Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins. It was amazing. You will have a wonderful time and you will be 12lbs lighter. And no kids...it will be like a second honeymoon....*smile*
Old 03-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #60  

Diane-
Glad you liked the stuffed mushrooms! I have made them twice now. We have been biking twice now. I think we should be able to go the next three or four days....the weather is going to be great! Well...if 60 is great! It sure is better than snow. : )

Monkeybabies-
Our wedding is June 19, 2004. It seems like a long time off, but I know it will come quick!

I have been at my parents for a couple days....so yet more off plan eating. I did the best I could, but I did not want to make my mom cook a different meal for me. I am going to brave weigh in tomorrow. I know I will be up a little, but I am prepared.

I think I will lose it quick not that I am starting to exercise again. : )
Closed Thread