Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #76  

Good Morning Everyone!

SpringManor...WTG...3.8lbs that is totally awesome. Keep up the good work. And it is work trying to regain healthy eating. It is definately a life change. How long have you been with LAWL?

xYTX...Yeah, I am a little nervous about giving up my blood. My center and I are going to have to talk on Saturday before I decide to let them take my blood. I want all the questions answered..who, what, why, where, when, how...etc. And depending on their answers that well justify if I do it or not. I have never had a problem with center soooo lets hope thing go well. How are you doing at the WW meetings? How does it differ from LAWL?

Well I am still on OP. Still looking for variety. I will most likely purchase the cookbook. I need some different foods. I am going to inquiry about the book on Saturday. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will post on Monday morning.

Take Care
Old 01-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #77  

Hi Marcie:
My week is not perfect but I am doing O.K. just trying to break out of this binging cycle I got myself in. I have not lost anything but I have not gained either.
Diane
Old 01-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #78  

Diane-

I did better last week than this week....but I am hoping to still be down some tomorrow. Will have to wait and see!

It is so hard to get out of the binging cycle when you get into it. The best thing for me to do is try and keep busy. I eat when I am bored!
Old 01-10-2003, 06:20 PM   #79  

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome and support on my 5lbs. I did go in on Thursday and am down 7 now, but with me that means I didn't drink my water yet! I feel really hungry now and am already sick of veggies! I love the southwest egg beaters that someone suggested, the only problem is I am hungry by mid morning and want to save my other protein for dinner! I am on the purple plan. Any suggestions? I have a long way to go! Fifty pounds more and I'll be there! Hopefully by July or August! Thanks again for the welcome and the support! I have been comming to this site for over a year now, and love the input,but never knew how to post!
Old 01-10-2003, 06:47 PM   #80  

I am Tab....
I have been with LA for over a year now. When I first started I lost 93 lbs. I have kinda lost some interest and then I got laid off from my job so I got depressed. I gained a few lbs back but not to much, so I am still trying to get to my goal. I am still laid off but I feel better now so I am motivated to lose the rest of this weight.

Good luck with the weekend coming up everyone. Just stay focused and have a goal to work towards to keep you on track. Such as summer bathing suit weather, a vacation coming up, something like that, that will keep you motivated.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #81  

Lorrie-
I didnt realize how much you had lost. WOW You are doing awesome! How much more do you have to go?
Old 01-10-2003, 11:20 PM   #82  

Marcie,
I was very heavy. I weighed 290 when I started. I lost down to about 200. Then I gained back a few, actually about 30 or so. Now I have to lose that and finish till I reach 170, which makes it about 65 lbs to go. I am determined to get the rest off. I am mad at myself for gaining some, but I have caught myself now, so I am going back down. I show Collies at dog shows, and I have a national specialty coming up in April, so that is a goal for me to be down to below 200 if possible.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #83  

Lorrie:
I did the same thing I lost 70 lbs and gained back twenty. I think that is why I am having a hard time lately, I am having a hard time with getting over being mad at myself.
Marcie where did you find those eggbeater all they have here are the plan ones. So how was the weigh in?
Diane
Old 01-11-2003, 08:29 AM   #84  

I lost 55 and gained back 10, so I am in the same boat as the two of you!

I found the egg beaters with the eggs....where the other ones are. But the box says "new" so they may not be in all areas yet.

I have not weighed in yet...I think I am going to work out first, then weigh.

Will post later!
Old 01-11-2003, 09:21 AM   #85  

Just weighed in at the same as last week. Boohoo! I think I will weigh again in 2-3 more days and see how I am doing.

Staying the same is better than gaining!
Old 01-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #86  

Marcie:
I did not weigh in yet, as you did I worked out first. I think when you struggling its O.K. to stay the same at least you are working at staying on track.
Diane
Old 01-11-2003, 11:30 AM   #87  

My weigh in will be Monday, hopefully if the weather is better. We are getting snow and boy is it cold. Being shut in doesn't help the diet plan either. I get bored and then look to food for comfort. Ick...I got to keep busy so I won't be tempted. Maybe writing this down will mentally help me stay on track. Sorry if I am boring you guys. I need this board for support and you guys are all great and we can help each other.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #88  

Default long post (sorry!)

I often find that, if I weigh-in after a workout, I tend to be up temporarily. I'm not sure what that's all about. Maybe it's the increased H20 intake during my time at the gym. SO, I try not to be discouraged when I weigh after a workout.

-------------------------long post from here on out--------------

Having a rough week here. I managed to stay pretty much OP until today. As I mentioned, I'm taking a really intense course (7 days/week, 7-8 hours/day, then add homework), so I'm doing well at keeping busy. I also tend to binge when I'm bored. However, I'm not getting the sleep I need. Last night was horrible. I didn't even know it was Friday, I was so confused and tired. I knew I had a test this morning, so I got to bed at 11 to be up for 6. I was determined to get my workout in before class, since it makes me feel good for the rest of the day. My BF was going out with friends.

He returned ~1:30 AM, or rather, one of his friends carried him through the door and into bed ~1:30. He's 145 lbs soaking wet, and he'd been trying to "keep up" with a bunch of 200lb + men at the bar all night. This is just not typical of him at all. In the 2.5 years I've known him, he's only done this twice. But what timing, right? So, long story short, I spent most of the night cleaning up, making him comfortable, checking in on him, etc. I finally got to sleep again around 4 am, and was awakened every hour until 8 for really obnoxious requests (i.e. pour water in my mouth, the facecloth on my head fell off...). To make matters worse, I suspect he got loose-lipped about some of my personal problems with his friends last night (depression and prozac, sexual dysfunction, weight and body image issues) because one of them decided to "reassure me" about everything as he stumbled out of the front door. This incenses me. So, I'm a zombie today at school. I had no time to work out, make myself look decent, or make breakfast, so I grabbed a bagel (lite cream cheese, but used too much and ate the whole thing), and a super-sugary coffee on the way to school. I had the forsight to pack an apple and banana for lunch, but I'm off plan so far, and I just know I'm going to be fighting a binge battle when I get home.

AND, I know that if I start telling him how I feel (infuriated!) we'll have a knock-down drag-out. I feel so violated that he aired my dirty laundry in the middle of some bar. I know we all do stupid things when we're drinking, but getting that drunk is a choice. I am trying to separate my feelings for him from my anger at what he did while intoxicated. It's really hard to do, as I have been an "enabler" of an alcoholic significant other in the past. My BF is not by any means an alcoholic, but it is hard to both 1) not make excuses for him and hold him accountable for his actions, and 2) realize that a lot of what he did was because of the alcohol, and that binge drinking is not typical of him at all.

To top it all off, I started a new medication yesterday, and I'm really having trouble concentrating on anything, keeping my inner monologue to myself, and I'm stumbling over words, so I feel like a big doofus. I wish I had some extra strength reserve to draw from for the next couple of days. I'm going to pull out all the tricks to keep myself from binging, since that is the one part of this situation I can truly control. I've decided that, if I feel the urge to eat further off-plan today, I will brush my teeth or take a walk. I have to go grocery shopping after school, but I will only buy what is on my list. We'll see how well that works.

Anyway, sorry to whine or bring anyone down, but having an anonymous forum to vent this on really helps.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #89  

xYTx,
I'm sorry for all your troubles. I'm on zoloft(for panic attacks) which has some of the same side effects. Just remember, it's always darkest before the dawn. I don't know how you're dealing with that class. Several years ago, I had a writing workshop out of Berkley that had ridiculous hours too. I know how overwhelmed I was with that and I really love to write.
I think saying anything to him will only start a major row. Hopefully, the others were so smashed they won't remember anything and if they do maybe BF will step up to the plate and tell them to "stuff it". We all have our troublesa and hopefully these guys will realize that.
Hang in there... maybe it will all look different tomorrow.
Kathie
Closed Thread