Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #61  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all -- I fell hard off the wagon over thanksgiving, my birthday and two week-long training sessions. I've gained back 9 pounds, but I'm hoping a lot of that is water/sodium retention and will whoosh away fairly quickly.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #62  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

down another pound this morning.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #63  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Woo hoo Jillian! Kimphin - your hubby sounds like mine. He's a geek and his idea of the 'best day ever' is to sit in his recliner with his laptop doing programming/development type stuff watching SciFi or old movies....ugh...give me the great outdoors any day! Still tracking, but this weekend was just too social and my buddah belly shows it...Time to crack down.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #64  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hey everyone, just got back from Vegas on Saturday. I havent weighed myself but I worked out 4 out of the 6 days I was there. I never work out on vacation so this was great step forward.
My hubby and I woke up every morning, had a coffee, went and worked out for about 40 minutes every morning and then had our breakfast. It was awesome. I did die out the last few days, something to do with me getting home at 2am. Anyways, it was much more fun working out with him rather than by myself. I was feeling a little down before I left since I quit my boot camp on the last session.
I was thinking of planning my menu for the whole week just to get myself on track. Its funny how food tastes so different in different cities. I dont eat grapefruit at home because most of it is so bitter and yet when we were in Vegas, I had a grapefruit every day because they were so juicy and sweet. Oh I miss Vegas already, its such a fun place! Okay well I gotta run.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #65  
WonderWoman

hello all. CRAZY BANANAS day here today. hope everyone had a good, productive, relaxing weekend.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #66  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jillian - 1 lb to go...OMG!!! So proud of you!
Vegas sounds like fun....I need to go back..it's been 20 years since I was there. I think my next fun get away will be a cruise in late January 2011...
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #67  
Joan

Jillian- I would love to be 160, that is my first goal to get to right now.
Joni- You have to go back to Vegas, its so much fun. During the week is so much better than the weekend though.

So I am thinking of trying a low carb diet for a couple of weeks but I am a bit nervous. I do think I will miss a potato or an occasional fresh bun sandwich. I am not sure if I can do it or not...hmmm any thoughts of how to get thru a couple of weeks????

Joan
Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #68  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Joan - I thought I would have major cravings too, but I found out that I felt so much better (puffy,bloaty-wise) that I did not want to have anything. What I would say is if you do decide to go low-carb, make sure you follow whatever plan you decide on very closely, because going through the carb withdrawals over and over again is a sure way to fail. Also, when I started out, before my official "first day", I cut back a little on the bad carbs so the first few days weren't as bad as they could have been.

I didn't get a chance to WI last week, and I want to keep Fridays as my day, so I am just going to post week 6 and 7 on Friday. I had TOM last week, so I don't think it was all that great a # anyway. Still plugging away, though!

Last edited by Kimphin; 10-27-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #69  
Joan

Kim- Did you actually join an IP program at a centre or are you doing it on your own.

Joan
Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #70  
Joan

Hey Kim, I just looked up what the ideal protein diet is...yikes thats a tough one. Do you have to buy a certain supply of products?
Membership fees???

Joan
Old 10-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #71  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Chickies. Glad to see everyone is doing well. Congrats on the WL for those of you who were successful.

For those that fell off the wagon (including me) its a new day. Lets get re-focused. My problem is I get so tired of this diet. But, I will carry on.

Not much going on with me with family and work to mention other than both of my boys got jobs this week. So my unemployed college son has a part time job now so that he can pay some bills.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #72  
WonderWoman

well, it's OFFICIAL!!! i've lost exactly half of my body weight! actually, i got on the scale today and it said 159.8! yay!! super excited! now on to the next mini goal!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #73  
Kim - IP 9/10

TOO TOTALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you - what a great lifestyle change - both physically and mentally.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #74  
Kim - IP 9/10

Joan - I get my stuff through idealtogo.com - I didn't have a clinic near me. There is no membership fee, I just have to pay for the food. I have found alternative products too- at lindora.com and pureprotein ready to drink shakes at Target. It is possible to follow the diet without the prepackaged foods - Dr. Tran Tien has his book on his website - free. (I think I posted the link last week - look back to see) Even with buying the food, it is about $82 per week, but I am not buying nearly as much food at the grocery store, even including what I buy for DH. We eat normal dinners together - I just don't have the carbs if he happens to.

I don't want to keep sounding like a cheerleader for IP, because this is such a personal thing, but - believe me, I have been on EVERYTHING, and never terribly successful (forget long term- never even that great in the short term) and I have as of this morning (unofficial WI) lost more than I did on LAWL - and I am not struggling at all. I have gone off protocol, and that's a no-no, but I have sucked it up and gotten back on track because I kind of like seeing the sclae go down steadily.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #75  
WonderWoman

thanks Kim! i'm proud of you too! if you've found something that works for you, then so be it!

and yes, it's definitely been a wonderful physical and mental lifestyle change. i love it.